Tuesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s. A northeast wind at 10mph.
Tuesday Night: Clear and cool with an overnight ... More...
$1.2 Million in Grants for Two Area Schools
Two Chattanooga-area schools will receive more than a million dollars in grant money.
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam announced Friday a total of $1,290,786 in workforce development grants for Chattanooga State Community College and the Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Chattanooga.
Chattanooga State received a total grant award of $960,550 to fund equipment for a new nuclear power plant simulation lab and an expansion of its advanced mechatronics program. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of nuclear technicians is expected to grow by 14 percent from 2010-2020.
TCAT-Chattanooga received a total grant award of $330,236 to fund necessary equipment to become a certified Snap-on institution in an additional five areas – diagnostic certification, diesel certification, undercar certification, torque certification and tool control systems certification. Graduates of the program at TCAT-Chattanooga can become employees of a variety of area companies such as Volkswagen, Peterbilt, McKee Foods, Nichols Marine and more.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Suspect in Atlanta-area shooting arrested in Miami
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Senator: Drop nomination of controversial judge
- Body of man who fell from lake dock found
- Lawyer: Mom in hot car death case passed polygraph
- Man gets 5 years for restroom recordings in Cobb
- Districts in Orlando, Atlanta split school prize
- Police investigating Ga. shooting arrest Wisc. man
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Developer seeks rezoning for Norcross move studio
- FAA: Airplane makes emergency landing in Omaha
- Biden to Hispanics: Obama will act on immigration
- Trial opens for sheriff accused of 'road rage'
- Porsche driver dies in high-speed Nevada race
- Portland man hides in church to avoid deportation
- Alaska TV reporter quits on air to promote pot
- SEC giving $30M, biggest whistleblower award yet
- Mexico pres: army killing of 22 to get full probe
- Denver deputies face civil trial in preacher death
- Mike Tyson aids motorcyclist after Vegas crash
- Guatemala emergency measures after deadly clash
- Islamist group kidnaps Frenchman in Algeria
- Lights still out in Los Cabos; death toll now 5
- UN members endorse Indigenous Peoples rights
- Syrian opposition chief urges airstrikes in Syria
- Kidnappers say they'll kill Frenchman unless France ends airstrikes
- Israel court condemns African migrant detentions
- Argentina tries doctors for Dirty War baby thefts
- High-profile Israeli spy Mike Harari dead at 87
- Dozens flock to new Liberia Ebola treatment center
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!