Tonight: Partly cloudy with a few showers. Low in the mid to upper 60s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers ... More...
Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
(Pictured: 2012 Holmberg Leadership Class)
Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga is seeking candidates for the 2012 Bill Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute, a seven-part series designed to fully engage participants in the arts community. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 17, 2012.
Launched in 2005 in memory of long-time board member and arts advocate A. William Holmberg, Jr., the institute offers behind-the-scenes site visits to cultural and educational institutions, case studies of arts agencies, panel discussions with community leaders, and a unique forum for pursuing shared goals among arts leaders, business leaders, educators, and philanthropic foundations.
“The institute embodies the spirit of Mr. Holmberg’s passion for the arts,” said Maury Nicely, Allied Arts board member and Chair of the leadership institute. “The classes, the speakers, the whole curriculum reflect Mr. Holmberg’s vision. The participants become equipped to be part of the driving force behind our arts community. It’s a wonderful way to become involved in Chattanooga’s arts and culture scene in a meaningful way.”
Participants will receive a copy of Daniel Pink’s book, “A Whole New Mind,” a critically acclaimed examination of the six essential aptitudes on which professional success and personal fulfillment now depend.
Participation is open to residents of the greater Chattanooga area who have demonstrated passionate support and advocacy for the arts and who have made a commitment to making a difference in the quality of life in the community. Past participants have gone on to serve on Boards of Directors and in other leadership positions with Allied Arts and other cultural agencies.
With keynote speakers and panelists drawn from the community’s leaders, classes will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the following days: September 11, September 25, October 2, October 16, October 30, November 6. The last class on November 20, will be followed by a graduation luncheon from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. An evening orientation will be held on Monday, September 10th 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
A maximum of 30 people have the opportunity participate in the program each year. Tuition is $250, with limited scholarships available. To apply, candidates can print out an application at www.alliedartschattanooga.org and submit it with and a letter of recommendation by Friday, August 17, 2012 to Rodney Van Valkenburg, Allied Arts, 406 Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37405 or by e-mail to Rodneyvv@alliedartschattanooga.org. For more information, contact Allied Arts at (423) 756-2787.
Established in 1969, Allied Arts is a non-profit united arts fund that exists to galvanize broad participation in and widespread support for the arts.Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1st piece in place for zip line over Chattahoochee
- Brookhaven police make arrests after man is killed
- Fund set up for woman who was attacked on trail
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
- Low cost carrier to begin flying between Ga., Va.
- Ga. juvenile justice dept. adds ombudsman's office
- 3 Southeast flowers get federal protection
- Atlanta Public Schools announces pay increases
- GA woman fights charges after car strikes children
- Winner declared in Ga. GOP school's chief recount
- Girl killed by 5-year-old in shooting identified
- Argument over fire pit leads to stabbing by sword
- Holder cautions against use of data in sentencing
- Otter attacks swimmers in Washington river
- US: Abduction of Israeli would be 'outrageous'
- Cantor to resign from House seat in August
- Teen hit by car had been startled by woodchuck
- Semi crash coats Indianapolis highway in butter
- 2-pound Michigan baby undergoes heart procedure
- Lawsuit over Slipknot bassist's death dismissed
- Investigators set up base near wreckage of Malaysia Airlines plane
- 6 dead following earthquake in Algeria
- W. African leaders, WHO meet to address Ebola
- Saudi King: Gaza war is "crime against humanity"
- Ebola fears nix Sierra Leone troop trip to Somalia
- 5 suspected rebels killed in clash in Indonesia
- Banksy's 'Spy Booth' artwork defaced
- Italy, Poland vie for top EU foreign policy job
- Severed leg found in Dublin recycling plant
- Iraq's top Shiite cleric appeals to politicians
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!