Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at email@example.com, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas
- Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in America
- The Latest: Family vows to continue private search for boys
- Boy who went missing from Georgia home is found safe
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags
- Confederate flags placed at Ebenezer church near MLK Center
- The Latest: 911 call reporting teen boaters missing released
- Thieves steal from school for special-needs students
- Hope for miracle dims but search goes on for missing boys
- Salesman sentenced for defrauding NBA legend Dr. J, others
- Harlem museum head, Dem fundraisers join Obama library board
- GOP criticizes 'offensive' posts of NC elections appointee
- The Latest: 911 calls describe chaos after theater shooting
- Virginia State Police complete review of student's arrest
- Attorney: Police shot man in head; family to file lawsuit
- Survivor of shooting that killed her parents is recovering
- Senator: Md. governor to close Baltimore detention center
- Contempt filings dropped against reporters covering Hastert
- Court dismisses lawsuit seeking personhood for 2 NY chimps
- 8 states probe slain man's possible serial killer ties
- Nigerian soldiers rescue 71 children, women from Boko Haram
- Mexico ups dollar auction to $200 million to boost peso
- The Latest: Wing part may arrive in French city on Saturday
- Canada approves abortion pill known as RU-486
- Egypt, Saudi Arabia aim to enhance cooperation
- Sierra Leone faces Ebola setback; 500 under quarantine
- Man stabs several people at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Latest: MH370 passenger's sister skeptical about wing
- Iran says will ban US experts from UN nuclear inspections
- Mexico: Death toll 23 after truck hits religious procession
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!