Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- More than 22,000 had lost power, mostly in NE Georgia
- Georgia man dies in weather-related accident in NC
- GBI investigating shooting incident involving MARTA officer
- Cancer patients complete 5K race inside hospital due to rain
- The Latest: Power restored in rain-soaked New Jersey
- 3 former jail workers to stand trial in death of Georgia man
- Georgia native among 6 service members killed in Afghanistan
- Trooper fired for driving fast in crash that killed 2 teens
- Georgia man among 6 airmen killed in Afghanistan
- DA: Officer charged for fatally striking pedestrian with car
- Pastor's sermon: "Violence will not have the last word
- Man arrested in freeway shooting in Phoenix suburb
- California governor signs bill closing ivory sales loophole
- The Latest: Motorist dies in South Carolina floodwaters
- University of Connecticut serving up crickets at food truck
- IAPA reports 11 journalists killed in Americas since March
- Authorities: Surfer, 14, bitten by shark in Florida waters
- The Latest: Some South Carolina residents told to boil water
- Most bikers charged in Waco shooting taken off GPS monitors
- Kentucky man's body found in freezer, girlfriend in jail
- Pentagon chief: Afghan situation `confused and complicated'
- Belarusian protesters decry planned Russian air base
- Fighting rages on Yemen's Red Sea coast
- Erdogan: Turkey taught world a 'lesson in humanity'
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after airstrike
- The Latest: Search resumes for ship missing off the Bahamas
- Suicide bomber in Niger attacks near police station
- Bermuda next up to feel the effects of Hurricane Joaquin
- The Latest: Israeli-Palestinian tensions soar after attacks
- Syria President: Russia campaign against terror must succeed
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!