Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at email@example.com, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Savannah policemen among Reservists going to Middle East
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- Man found stabbed to death in Roswell
- Atlanta developer plans to add 6 stories to high rise
- Interstate 285 reopened after charter-bus accident
- 7-foot bear breaks out of Ellijay garage
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
- Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marriage arguments
- Coast Guard: 4 missing after sailboats capsize in Alabama
- Police: Baltimore violence from outside 'agitators'
- Liotta recalls Scorsese discussion before 'Goodfellas' shoot
- Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fruit trees
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Not a Clinton pile-on
- Search goes on for missing fisherman; was rescued last year
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Paul on abortion
- Autopsy: Indiana University student died from head injuries
- Saudi-led airstrikes hit Yemen rebels in capital, south
- Putin accuses US of supporting separatists in Russia
- Nigeria recalls diplomats from South Africa over attacks
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago
- German, French rescue teams on way to Nepal
- Pope urges assistance for Nepal quake victims
- Japan's prime minister goes to US to showcase close ties
- Togo counts votes as president seeks third term
- More than 2,150 confirmed dead in Nepal earthquake
- Protests after Burundi leader is nominated for a third term
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!