Today: Cloudy and cooler with periods of rain. Diminishing rain chances this afternoon. High in the low to mid 60s but falling into the upper 40s lower 50s by late afternoon. Very windy with a NW wind in the afternoon, 20-30 mph.
Tonight: Any remaining ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Century-old lamp posts at UGA undergo restoration
- Fire claims life of man, 58, northwest of Atlanta
- Wind gusts of 40-45 mph possible in Georgia
- Suspect in Ga convenience store slaying in custody
- Vietnam veterans to be honored at Georgia Capitol
- Job fair to be held in DeKalb for people over 50
- Atlanta to host construction career expo
- Suspect in GA convenience store slaying in custody
- Teen seeks juvenile trial in Ga. baby killing
- Ga. man fatally shot in target practice accident
- DNA experts to testify in Kansas killings case
- Dad's murder trial starts in death of NJ girl, 2
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
- Existing Afghan deal would cover US post-2014
- CIA lawyer at center of computer snooping clash
- Tumult over military sexual assaults far from over
- Obama to host new Ukrainian PM at White House
- Senate investigation of CIA dogged by controversy
- Facebook headquarters cleared after false threat
- Federal jury soon to get NY kidnap-rape plot case
- Afghan group says it killed Swedish reporter
- Nigeria military claim success in Islamic uprising
- Thousands gather for Turkish teen's funeral
- Inventor of Web calls for digital bill of rights
- Iranian president makes first Arab trip to Oman
- NATO flying surveillance planes to Ukraine border
- Afghan police: 3 insurgents killed in shootout
- Schumacher family sees 'small, encouraging signs'
- Libya's ousted PM leaves country despite ban
- Syria's Assad visits refugees near Damascus
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!