BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Death of middle Georgia girl ruled homicide
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Suspected Jacksonville bus shooter arrested in Georgia
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta
- Prosecutor to seek indictment in jail death of Savannah man
- Macon woman's index finger bitten off during fight
- Arrest made in 2012 slaying of Augusta security guard
- Atlanta man dies after being shot in leg during argument
- Congress' familiar path: short-term solutions
- Congress passes 2-month highway, transit aid extension
- Hundreds mourn NYC college dean killed in Amtrak crash
- Naked Florida man rescued after getting stuck on drawbridge
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Biker group gets proclamation
- Man released from Guantanamo in December dies in Kazakhstan
- Oil shouldn't spoil vacations for California beach tourists
- Man convicted of killing ex-wife whose 911 call was bungled
- Strangulation of child with blinds cord ruled a homicide
- Navy says pilot safely ejected when plane went off runway
- Syrian official: Islamic State militants in Palmyra's museum
- Islamic State group radio claims Saudi mosque suicide attack
- Roadside bomb kills 2, including Afghan district chief
- Japan pledges climate change aid to Pacific island nations
- China contributing experts, troops to disaster relief drills
- AP Interview: Steinem says isolating N. Korea not working
- China says 2 schoolchildren die amid heavy flooding
- Colombian paramilitary warlord wanted in US freed from jail
- 2 dead in grenade explosion in Burundi market
- Mexico officials: Bacterial infections sickened children
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!