BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man sent to prison for killing woman, wounding man
- Savannah police task force makes dozens of arrests
- GA roads, airport to see 1.3 million travelers
- Child protective services teams to work overtime
- 21 arrested during Ferguson protests in Atlanta
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision
- Met Museum gets major gift of African-American art
- Clemency hearing set for Georgia death row inmate
- Dawson County man shot to death during fight
- Protesters plan Atlanta protest of Ferguson ruling
- 2 FBI agents shot, wounded in St. Louis area
- Broken elevator traps disabled Connecticut residents
- Owner of destroyed Massachusetts strip club sues
- Cleveland to release video of boy shot by officer
- Prosecutor faces new criticism over Ferguson case
- Protesters clear out as Ferguson streets calm down
- Developers look to create underground NYC park
- Thanksgiving travelers contend with rain, snow
- Police cruiser torched outside Ferguson city hall
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Impoverished Lebanese city is target for IS group
- Egypt opens crossing to Gaza for 1st time in month
- IMF says Egypt's economy starting to recover
- Putin's tiger kills 15 goats in northeast China
- 6 killed in rebel attack on house of Yemen leader
- Iran parliament approve science minister nominee
- Once maligned, Iran's Jews find greater acceptance
- Germany to require 30 pct women in top boardrooms
- Merkel: Continued Russia sanctions "unavoidable"
- Saudi Arabia: Deaths from MERS virus reach 348
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!