BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Judge refuses dismissal motion in 2007 killing
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson
- Only small increase in US girls getting cervical cancer shot
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas
- Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in America
- The Latest: Family vows to continue private search for boys
- Boy who went missing from Georgia home is found safe
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags
- Confederate flags placed at Ebenezer church near MLK Center
- The Latest: 911 call reporting teen boaters missing released
- The Latest: Jurors deliberate in theater shooting sentencing
- Teen accused of suffocating newborn son, then going shopping
- Man gets 80-year term after killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane
- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility
- The Latest: Outburst interrupts theater shooting trial
- Sandra Bland's death may bring new screenings in Texas jails
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls
- Man gets 80-year term for killing of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Blue moon? Friday's celestial event comes with a catch
- Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack
- FSB: US, Georgia helped prevent attacks at Sochi Olympics
- Mexico issues warrant for extradition of escaped El Chapo
- Man attacks Jerusalem gay pride parade, weeks after release from prison for similar attack
- Ukraine will try again for Malaysia Airlines crash tribunal
- New Nigerian general to head multinational Boko Haram fight
- Guatemala court lifts immunity for 3 lawmakers in graft case
- Nigerian soldiers rescue 71 children, women from Boko Haram
- Mexico ups dollar auction to $200 million to boost peso
- The Latest: Wing part may arrive in French city on Saturday
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!