BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta train stations evacuated due to smoky conditions
- Regulators order end to Kemper rate increase, plan refunds
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Mom gets deal in chase where police fired at van of kids
- Report: Number of US heroin users rose 300,000 over a decade
- Expert: Theater shooter still thinks killing increases worth
- Tennessee death row inmates challenge execution method
- Obama hosts Vietnam Communist Party chief at White House
- The Latest: Subway says raid likely linked to employee probe
- Arkansas woman takes plea deal in slain realtor case
- Official: Pat-down of suspect in police shooting was poor
- NY expands 'yes means yes' policy to private colleges
- Senators: Feds should have deported SFC man before killing
- Gunmen attempt attack on state radio in C. African Republic
- Soldiers arrive in Saskatchewan to battle raging wildfires
- Pope urges Latin American to channel energy, unite the world
- Pope arrives at Ecuadorean park where he'll celebrate Mass
- Qatar drilling rig faces months of repairs after accident
- Uber faces harassment in South Africa from local cabdrivers
- Thousands endure heavy rains while awaiting pope in Ecuador
- Nuke deal remains elusive after deadline, but talks continue
- Pope's 2nd full day in Ecuador filled with meetings, Mass
- Police: Man breaks into Berlin restaurant, drinks Tabasco
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!