BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bomb threat against 2 planes at Atlanta's main airport
- Fire crews battling blaze at Douglasville apartment
- South Georgia police search for missing Cobb County couple
- Atlanta mayor: Better transit reduces income inequality
- Police investigate crash that shut down I-85 for 4 hours
- Atlanta university students research civil rights deaths
- Driver in Acworth hit-and-run killed in subsequent accident
- Wildlife officials propose opening trout waters all year
- Breakaway congregation from Ga. 'Mother Church' finds a home
- SW Georgia officer shoots attacking pit bull during eviction
- Major storm could hit northeast
- Blizzard-like conditions possible in Northeast's next storm
- Dead whale found at Seattle dock struck by ship propeller
- Ex-CEO filmed kicking dog in elevator charged with cruelty
- Balloon crew aiming to break records at last launches
- Ex-arena official sues NJ Devils GM over lost wages
- Snowplow driver escapes injury when parking garage collapses
- Man so angry he kicks pet Chihuahua, killing it
- No bombs found on planes in Atlanta after threat
- Lock of Lincoln's hair among items auctioned in Dallas
- Turkish president in Somalia to launch development projects
- Iran foreign minister: Outreach to Saudi Arabia 'necessary'
- Obama: Counterterrorism operations in Yemen not affected
- Obama, Modi cite breakthrough on India civil nuclear program
- French arrests beg question: Is free speech for all?
- Officials say bombings kill 8 in Iraq's capital, Baghdad
- Nepal pushed to political turmoil over new constitution
- Obama offers condolence to Abe over slain hostage
- Father of Japanese hostage reported killed still hopeful
- Zambia: Ruling party candidate wins presidential election
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!