BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- The Latest: Neighbor says man shot by police was watching TV
- Missouri court throws out dispute over Ferguson prosecution
- FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
- Last teacher in Atlanta cheating scandal gets year in prison
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Man dies after Ga. deputy uses Taser on him
- Cause of Cobb County apartment fire under investigation
- Immigrants with disputed status sue for GA driver's licenses
- Tropical Storm Fred moving away from Cape Verde Islands
- Georgia sheriff expects 'rapid' probe over racist graffiti
- Obama buys out cinnamon rolls at Anchorage cafe
- US drug agents arrest dozens, seize 16 secret steroid labs
- First court date approaches in Freddie Gray case
- Irish nanny being deported after murder charge is dropped
- The Latest: Federal hearing set in clerk's marriage case
- Testimony begins in murder trial of 13-year-old Michigan boy
- Suspect in Texas officer's death had 2nd mental commitment
- Texas regulator clears oil and gas company of causing quakes
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store
- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million
- Protests block Guatemala Congress as impeachment considered
- Shots fired from Syria kill Turkish soldier
- Moldovan police chief briefly detained at Moscow airport
- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag
- Rio head vows to introduce viral testing in Olympic waters
- UK police: Mother, 4 children detained in Turkey
- Somali militants overrun base of African Union forces
- Dutch government to appeal landmark climate change ruling
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren lead London Film Fest
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!