BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Couple wanted in 1992 cold case arrested in central Georgia
- Georgians denied diplomas may petition for one under new law
- 2 teens accused of stealing cars from valet lots arrested
- Gov. Deal announces new program to honor Vietnam veterans
- Partial skeleton found in Hall County
- Officers identified in fatal Smyrna police shooting
- Panel expected to review Ga. religious freedom bill canceled
- Spelman College names new president
- Jurors to resume deliberations in school cheating trial
- As young owls spread wings, online viewing of nest nears end
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Jury awards $38.5 million-plus in fatal shooting at plant
- Report: Hawaii supervisor manipulated veterans' benefit data
- Porbeagle shark may be listed as endangered species
- Christie backs proposed stricter abortion regulations
- Carter says US policy on Iran-backed forces will hold
- Pentagon chief backs concept of a joint Arab military force
- Theater shooting prosecutors say unbiased jury possible
- SUV crashes into Long Island storefront, killing customer
- Parents of Colorado theater shooter pray for victims daily
- Canada approves extension and expansion of IS mission
- Mexico double-transplant patient gets US humanitarian pass
- Prosecutors probe Moldova ex-president's son for corruption
- Azerbaijan starts trial of 6 alleged Islamic State militants
- Red Cross truck attacked in Mali; 1 dead, 1 wounded
- Palestinians, Israeli Arabs mark 'Land Day'
- Wartime land mines kill 5 Iranian border guards, shepherd
- Evo Morales' party loses La Paz in Bolivian elections
- Report: Iran journalist defects while covering nuclear talks
- UK judge: Suspect in Litvinenko death can testify at inquiry
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!