BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia native among 6 service members killed in Afghanistan
- Trooper fired for driving fast in crash that killed 2 teens
- Georgia man among 6 airmen killed in Afghanistan
- DA: Officer charged for fatally striking pedestrian with car
- CAU holds 95th anniversary for school of social work
- The Latest: Joaquin starts to move away from Bahamas
- Trooper fired
- Former deputy admits to child molestation charges, sentenced
- Convicted killer accidentally released caught in Atlanta
- Forecast for up to 5 inches of rain fuels flood concerns
- 'Natural' cigarette maker subject of class-action lawsuit
- FDNY: 12 injured when bus crashes into Queens home
- FDNY: 1 dead, 3 others injured in apparent gas blast
- Biden: No question transgender people can serve in military
- The Latest: Hurricane Joaquin moving toward Bermuda
- Official: 25 hurt in collapse of concrete awning at school
- Water filter distribution starts for residents in Flint
- Authorities investigate freeway shooting in Phoenix suburb
- Trump defends 2nd Amendment following Oregon shootings
- NY woman accused in Ohio of contaminating son's feeding tube
- Dubai ruler launches aid and development foundation
- Turkey says Russian airstrikes in Syria 'unacceptable'
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at start of family meeting
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after airstrike
- Jordanian MP says son joined IS, carried out suicide attack
- Typhoon heads for south China; tens of thousands evacuated
- The Latest: Obama demands details on Afghan clinic airstrike
- Emirates vote for federal council sees 35-percent turnout
- The Latest: UN chief condemns deadly Kunduz hospital bombing
- The Latest: US military promises inquiry of Kunduz bombing
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!