Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- MLK children working to settle dispute over Bible, prize
- Tuscaloosa VA director moving to Augusta VA hospital
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- 1 person killed, 3 others wounded in DeKalb County shooting
- Plane Train at Atlanta's airport to get major overhaul
- Salman Rushdie to deliver lecture on human rights at Emory
- Kennesaw State to host high school science bowl
- Before harbor gets deepened, Confederate shipwreck must go
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead 2 Senate subcommittees
- Georgia House leaders to introduce transportation plan
- Senate heads toward approval of Keystone XL pipeline bill
- Report: Pilot became disoriented before fatal 2013 crash
- Police don't blame arson for deadly San Francisco blaze
- Study: Chances of dying in a car crash plunged over 3 years
- Virginia official calls black reporter 'boy,' apologizes
- NASA moisture satellite launch scrubbed due to winds
- Historic Woolworth mansion suffers extensive damage in fire
- 1 killed, 6 hurt as fire rips through San Francisco building
- Now on death row, Fort Hood gunman Hasan to appear in court
- Man faces execution in Texas for 1996 strangling death
- Report: Hundreds of thousands of Africans are stateless
- UK government: Data from police killings probes lost in mail
- Yemen rebels seize military base outside capital
- Thai junta blocks discussion of media censorship
- Bulgaria extradites man suspected of link to French attacks
- Kuwaiti gets 5 years in jail for Twitter posts
- Attacks kill 9 people in Iraq
- Philippines warns ASEAN over China reef reclamation
- Italy lawmakers vote for new president in test for Renzi
- Uganda: Mass trial over alleged terror ties to start
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!