Saturday: Increasing clouds and a little warmer with an afternoon high in the upper 50s to even near 60 in spots. A southeast wind at 5-10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy with ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Gang members get prison time for violent crimes
- Ex-Ga. letter carrier gets prison in robbery plot
- 2 charged in infant starvation on suicide watch
- Ex-Savannah-Chatham police chief convicted
- Marietta man gets 20 yearsin Christmas shooting
- Suspicious package near CDC snarls traffic
- Ex-Gov. Perdue defends "Go Fish" center in Perry
- Students protest school response to rape claims
- Verdict pending, Malaysia's Anwar visits US
- San Francisco window washer falls onto moving car
- Burglars break into home, steal husband's ashes
- Ex-state worker charged with stealing 610 helmets
- Officer testifies about New York chokehold death
- Wolf travels hundreds of miles to northern Arizona
- Obama to Ferguson: 'Keep protests peaceful'
- Audit: Ill NYC inmates leaving jail need more care
- Investigators may have recovered lost IRS emails
- US provides $68 million for Mexico justice reform
- UN committee urges Myanmar action on Rohingya
- Mexico's Colima volcano spouts ash, hot rock
- Puerto Rico legislators to debate oil tax increase
- 2 in Puerto Rico accused of posing as policemen
- Latin America applauds Obama's immigration plan
- Burkina Faso ex-leader's remains to be examined
- Thousands press for term limits in Togo protests
- Kerry cancels plans to pull back from nuke talks
- Macedonian environmentalists blast city crow hunt
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!