Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- Police seek emails from DeKalb CEO in fraud investigation
- Medical examiner: Man shot himself in police confrontation
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school
- Expo planned for military veterans, others looking for work
- Police: Tip leads to new search for teen missing since 2007
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- Arby's apologizes after worker refuses to serve officer
- After chaotic year, New Jersey superintendent praised
- FBI: Defendant in California kidnapping blamed vaccine
- The Latest: 6 Baltimore officers to be tried separately
- Judge OKs gender surgery opposed by 48-year-old's parents
- Bear that nuzzled hiker is fatally shot by state officials
- White House welcomes Senate support of Iran nuclear deal
- Selfie sticks not allowed at pope's Philadelphia events
- US markets rebound a day after big plunge
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed
- Mexico's president acknowledges distrust, fear
- France dismisses inquiry into Yasser Arafat's death
- SodaStream chief accuses boycotters of anti-Semitism
- Mali, neighboring countries plan force to fight extremists
- Lawyer: Turkey moves Vice journalists to distant prison
- Greek authorities find shotguns, ammunition on freighter
- Slovak foreign minister: migrant crisis may unite far-right
- 2 parties stay within Ukraine's governing coalition
- UN says deal reached on increasing flow of supplies to Yemen
- Anti-government protests resume in Burundi
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!