Tonight: Cloudy and quite mild with rain after midnight. An overnight low from 55 to 60. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Wednesday: Cloudy and cooler with periods of rain. Especially in the morning. High in the low 60s but falling into the upper 40s lower ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Suspect in GA convenience store slaying in custody
- Teen seeks juvenile trial in Ga. baby killing
- Ga. man fatally shot in target practice accident
- DeKalb Co. residents paying double for leadership
- Trial set in reading program investigation
- Attorney general launches food drive competition
- Woman sought in killing of NW Georgia store clerk
- Ga. abandons push to decriminalize campus guns
- Bernice King turns in father's Bible, Nobel prize
- Women sought in killing of NW Georgia store clerk
- Boston-Washington Amtrak train stuck for 5 hours
- Prisons director takes leave, grandson charged
- Washington detention center hunger strike on Day 5
- Crews assess flood damage as water recedes
- Prison company wants lawsuit held during FBI probe
- Man held in mailing explosives to Arizona sheriff
- Federal jury convicts former Arkansas treasurer
- Man accused of mailing explosive package to Arpaio
- Ex-soldier's death penalty trial begins in Hawaii
- Republican Party ups investment in Colorado
- Malaysia's air force jet may have turned back
- Crimean parliament declaration could delay move by Russia
- In Bermuda, officials vow to conserve Sargasso Sea
- Guyana suspends air traffic controllers for breach
- Conservatives march to demand recount in Salvador
- Teen hit by Turkish police dies after 9-month coma
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Israel expresses regret over death of Jordanian
- 2 airlines to be able to check passports on Interpol database
- Soldiers clear barricades in western Venezuela
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!