Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Transportation funding bill passes Ga. House
- 'Dr. Phil': To air 'intervention with Bobbi Brown's partner
- Report: Suicides by girls and young women continue to climb
- Ga. Senate passes controversial 'religious freedom' bill
- 3 indicted for stealing restitution money from Ga. agency
- Ga. girl charged in fatal crash that killed 3
- Passengers: Plane slid the moment it landed at LaGuardia
- Jury convicts mom of capital murder in daughter's 2007 death
- Passenger: Evacuation of plane was orderly
- Passenger: Wing of plane that skidded off runway got torn up
- Obama holding town hall at historically black college
- Lawyers to pick jurors for woman's running-death trial
- Colorful 'body sculptor' due back in murder trial
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft moves in on dwarf planet Ceres
- Police: Federal judge shot during robbery attempt in Detroit
- Another solid month of job gains over 200K expected for Feb.
- More want local beef, but fewer want tough job of cutting it
- Entrances to UC Santa Cruz cleared; student protest ends
- Chain of kidney transplants begins at San Francisco hospital
- Officials: Truck driver fell asleep in fatal collision
- Witness in Russian politician's slaying gets death threats
- Al-Qaida's Syria branch confirms death of field commander
- Iraqi forces push toward Tikrit in battle against IS
- Accused rapist dragged from prison and killed by Indian mob
- Head of UN Women: No country has reached gender equality
- Knife attack in China train station leaves 9 injured
- Mexico: Troops kill 4 in gunbattle near border with Texas
- Suspended Supreme Court judge in Panama sentenced to prison
- Death toll in east Ukraine mine blast reaches 33
- Syria says it killed military leader of al-Qaida group
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!