Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Kingston's Senate loses means less clout for Ga.
- Unpaid GA court fines to be drawn from tax returns
- 2 injured in western Georgia small plane crash
- Teen identified in Chattahoochee River drowning
- Airport opens application site for screenings
- Savannah police searching for suspect in robbery
- Ga. police start enforcing 'slowpoke' driving law
- 1 killed in Rabun County plane crash
- Cobb judge Oks $397M in bonds for Braves stadium
- Ex-secretary for Douglas prosecutor indicted
- Kevin Bacon brings his 'Six Degrees' to Comic-Con
- Jury deliberations to continue in Ventura case
- Shave ice vendor defies town's new ban on peddlers
- Man dies after lightning strike affects 14
- Rock beats paper: Study says fist bumps spread fewer bacteria than handshakes or high-fives
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- Police interviewing 2 in connection with Philadelphia carjacking
- Police interview 2 in deadly Philly carjacking
- 1 dead after lightning strikes 14 in Southern California
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- HK pro-democracy news site folds over pressure
- Death toll mounts as clashes intensify in Ukraine
- Tanker catches fire amid clashes in Libyan capital
- Sri Lankan asylum seekers fly to Australia
- China announces war games starting Tuesday
- Relative lull in Gaza as UN calls for cease-fire
- Filipino extremists kill at least 16 villagers
- German environmentalists say U.S. is shifting its pollution elsewhere
- Girls killed, hurt in attack in Thailand's south
- Police in China remove church's cross
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!