Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the lower 60s and winds near calm.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and highs again in the mid ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- In Ga. visit, Romney raises cash for Perdue
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- Man struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Petition seeks charges in crash that killed 7
- Person struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Person struck by transit train in downtown Atlanta
- ATF agent shot in Athens, hospitalized
- 2 suspects captured after shootout with police
- Grant to help Ga. health organization bolster care
- US issues final minimum wage rule for contractors
- Deal reached to help disabled people in disasters
- Facebook apologizes to drag queens for name policy
- Hunting banned, tourism down in manhunt zone
- Artist creates huge dirt portrait on National Mall
- Alaska refuge proposes killing invasive caribou
- Hagel: Military medical system 'average'
- Wyoming landslide stabilization to begin in 2015
- Sister: US Ebola patient said he was from Liberia
- Girl, 10, dies from complications of enterovirus
- Canada identifies long lost British explorer ship
- Russia halts student exchange program with US
- France ups military deployment against IS group
- UN says Syria vaccine deaths was an NGO 'mistake'
- Chinese government may be losing patience with protests in Hong Kong
- NATO's new chief says relations with Russia could improve
- US Navy says crew member missing in Persian Gulf
- UN says 1st staffer dies of 'probable' Ebola
- Pope urges Europe to open doors to refugees
- British warplanes destroy IS targets in Iraq
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!