Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police's mobile app hopes to assist during holiday weekend
- New president chosen for Southeastern Technical College
- Georgia releases first results of new standardized test
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- Authorities say man's body found after fire at Canton home
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- Forest Service spends a record $243M last week on wildfires
- Army suspends operations at labs due to anthrax probe
- The Latest: Prosecutors have called final witnesses in trial
- The Latest: Mississippi River oil spill not affecting port
- The Latest: Most deputy clerks agree to marriage licenses
- More North Carolina officials refuse to perform marriages
- PM Prep-Segue
- Booker, Warner, Heitkamp to support Iran nuclear deal
- Officer charged in fatal shooting in a Wal-Mart parking lot
- Grand jury to examine wounding of man by Mississippi deputy
- Pope pops out of Vatican, stop to get new glasses
- American students attacked with firebomb in West Bank
- Nigerian army reinstates more than 3,000 soldiers fired
- Official: 9,500 Nigerian refugees return from Cameroon
- UN to vote on lifting some secrecy around choosing top job
- Lebanon activists stage hunger strike, want minister to quit
- Uganda: 12 soldiers killed in Somalia attack
- Egypt sentences 2 women to 6 months for racy music videos
- Boat overturns on Mali lake, killing at least 18 people
- Iran Parliament speaker expects heated debate on nuke deal
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!