Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 23 arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Mystery substance prompts tests of Ga. river water
- Woman found guilty, mentally ill in deputy attack
- Death certificate: Rapper Tim Dog died last year
- Obama: Ebola outbreak 'spiraling out of control'
- Boat manufacturing company expanding in south Ga.
- Bipartisan demilitarization bill introduced
- Self-help book has more teams riding 'Energy Bus'
- Ga. man sentenced in assault on sheriff's deputy
- President of Paine College announces resignation
- Senator to propose authorization to hit militants
- Man sentenced in bomb threat outside White House
- Investigator: Teacher untrained in methanol danger
- US airstrikes target Islamic militants in Iraq
- Transgender teenager in confinement case escapes
- Ex-police chief gets 10 years in kidnap-kill case
- Nielsen's top programs for Sept. 8-14
- 1st episode of 'Roosevelts' seen by 9 million
- Officials: Officer chases suspect who shot him
- Police: Man fed up with barking kills neighbor dog
- UN leader begins term during period of 'tumult'
- Doctor to provide medical update on Toronto mayor
- Brazil removed from UN World Hunger Map
- Ban: UN 'taking lead' on global fight of Ebola
- Russian billionaire placed under house arrest
- Tracing the rise of Ebola in West Africa
- Egypt minister projects 6% growth in 3 years
- Syrian aircraft crashes in city held by IS group
- Three international troops killed in car bomb attack in Afghanistan
- Egypt says restoration of oldest pyramid on track
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!