Tonight: With the exception of an isolated evening t-shower, expect a partly cloudy and muggy night with a low in ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Metro Atlanta's jobless rate rises to 8 percent
- Pill ring trial in Mississippi pushed to December
- US Secretary of Labor to visit Atlanta
- Fire department to train at Atlanta airport
- DJJ has deputy commissioner for secure facilities
- Group rallies in Ga. to protest Missouri shooting
- GA teen found with bullets at school faces charges
- 4 accused of throwing rocks from Ga. overpass
- Heat advisory issued in middle, east Georgia
- Arrested US judge embarrassed, entering treatment
- Ohio woman sent to prison for school outburst
- Officer involved in Wal-Mart shooting back on job
- Quieter night in Ferguson, with fewer protesters
- Many police killings, but only Ferguson explodes
- Vegas offering all but marriage to LGBT tourists
- Hearing set in Amish girls' kidnapping in NY
- OSU freshman hospitalized after cardiac incident
- Guilty plea expected by friend of marathon suspect
- Palestinian banner unfurled on NYC bridge
- Israeli air strikes pound Gaza; 6 dead in Rafah
- South Africa: man dead after orange pelting
- German arbitration panel rejects looted art claim
- Poland protests joke at swimming event in Berlin
- 39 dead, dozens missing in Japan landslides
- German doctor accused of drugging, abusing women
- 5 Ukrainian troops killed; fierce battles reported
- WHO officials to visit Liberian Ebola clinics
- Freed activist won't stop 14-year hunger strike
- Cambodian floods kill 45 people since last month
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!