Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Elderly Ga. woman found dead in ditch
- Deadline nears for end of 2015 Ga. legislative session
- Central Arkansas officials apply to host football bowl game
- Governor says he will sign transportation funding proposal
- Jury begins Day 8 of deliberations in school cheating trial
- Couple suspected in 1992 death to be extradited to Kansas
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- Student charged with sexual abuse at campus day care center
- Phoenix police officer won't face charges in fatal shooting
- Arizona recycling truck driver saves kitten from the trash
- 2nd victim identified in New York City building explosion
- The latest developments on religious objection laws
- Minn. lawmaker to return contributions from indicted senator
- Teen must complete cancer treatment in hospital, judge says
- Reid's exit sets off Senate leadership scramble
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Police: Gunman in medical office murder-suicide left a note
- British Prince Harry reports for duty in Australia next week
- Hugo Chavez' favorite daughter makes UN debut as US bashed
- Lacking faith in government, Mexican parents approach cartel
- Amnesty: Gambia sentences 3 to death for attempted coup
- Gay Premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- Gay premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- French officials: Alps avalanche kills 3 tourists, injures 1
- Al-Jazeera journalist says Canada not issuing him passport
- New Nigerian leader vows to go after Boko Haram
- 9 UK citizens headed to Syria arrested, Turkey military says
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!