Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Effort to remove GA prosecutor from jail death case blocked
- No injuries reported in Savannah truck explosion
- Man shot to death in southwest Atlanta nightclub identified
- 2 charged in slaying of Fayetteville restaurant manager
- Arrest made in 2013 shooting of south Georgia mayor
- Major leaves Fort Benning for new assignment at Fort Stewart
- Police investigate after truck explodes in downtown Savannah
- DeKalb police investigate after man shot while walking
- Atlanta airport anticipates busy holiday travel weekend
- Church fires common, but usually not the result of arson
- North Carolina shark attack victim says fortunate to survive
- The Latest on train derailment: 5,000 evacuated in Tennessee
- Boy critical after alleged beating for eating cake
- Vermont man found guilty of lying about war gets new trial
- Tornado tosses mobile home 60 feet, injuring Montana man
- Image of girl found dead in bag in Boston Harbor released
- Yellowstone loses radio frequencies used to track wildlife
- Authorities: Suspect said he was on meth during killings
- US drone strike kills Islamic State leader
- Doctor: Theater shooter's IQ fell while he was jailed
- Saudi-led strikes target Yemen rebel camps, kill 8 in Sanaa
- UN observers say Burundi elections on Monday were not free
- Leopard mauls guide's arm in attack in South African park
- Documents: Mexican army ordered troops to 'kill criminals'
- The Latest: Professor criticizes IMF, EU stances on Greece
- Report: Saudi king censors TV host, pro-Brotherhood scholar
- Kenya detains alleged Islamic State recruiters from Uganda
- Bill Clinton visits Vietnam to mark 20th anniversary of ties
- The Latest: Israel PM offers condolences over Sinai attacks
- Disillusioned ex-Israeli peace negotiator finds hope online
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!