Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Residents of senior center displaced after water main break
- Peach State gears up for a rare big week for men's hoops
- Man struck and killed by vehicle in suburban Atlanta
- Man killed, second man hurt in Waynesboro shooting, stabbing
- After weather delay, GA to perform rare execution of a woman
- Woman killed in wrong-way interstate wreck is identified
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- Amish to be resentenced for remaining charges in attacks
- No injuries as train hits empty vehicle in Ventura County
- Dearth of jobs a barrier to post-bankruptcy Detroit's growth
- Hearing to begin for suspect in Jewish site shootings
- 2 train cars carrying crude derail in New Orleans; no spill
- Survey: Parents increasingly ask doctors to delay vaccines
- Los Angeles police shoot, kill man after Skid Row struggle
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Aaron Hernandez trial delayed again due to snow
- Pickup truck goes into frozen river; dead dog found inside
- Australia bans travel to Iraqi city of Mosul under new law
- Kerry set to defend Israel before UN rights panel
- Kerry, Russian FM meet in Geneva as Ukraine tensions simmer
- Myanmar prevents student protesters from marching to Yangon
- UN report: Libya's flow of weapons needs tighter controls
- Canadian gets 7 years in jail in Nepal for child sex abuse
- Estonia's ruling pro-Western Reform Party wins election
- Britain's Prince William takes on diplomatic role in China
- Seoul: North Korea test fires 2 short range missiles
- Greece protests planned Turkish air maneuvers in Aegean Sea
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!