Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Search is on for escaped inmate in northwest Georgia
- Cell phone lot at Atlanta airport closing for road work
- Transportation funding bill passes Ga. House
- 'Dr. Phil': To air 'intervention with Bobbi Brown's partner
- Report: Suicides by girls and young women continue to climb
- Ga. Senate passes controversial 'religious freedom' bill
- 3 indicted for stealing restitution money from Ga. agency
- Ga. girl charged in fatal crash that killed 3
- Passengers: Plane slid the moment it landed at LaGuardia
- Jury convicts mom of capital murder in daughter's 2007 death
- Florida man faces sentencing in smuggling of Dodgers' Puig
- Thousands stranded on Ky. Interstates for nearly 24 hours
- Federal offices in DC area opening on delayed schedule
- Man dies in landslide in Bosnia as bad weather hits Balkans
- Obama holding town hall at historically black college
- Lawyers to pick jurors for woman's running-death trial
- Colorful 'body sculptor' due back in murder trial
- NASA's Dawn spacecraft moves in on dwarf planet Ceres
- Police: Federal judge shot during robbery attempt in Detroit
- Another solid month of job gains over 200K expected for Feb.
- South Africa: Bail for woman who kidnapped baby 17 years ago
- Taiwan subway slasher sentenced to death for killing 4
- Tajik opposition figure shot dead in Turkey
- Nepal's airport to remain closed at least another day
- Kremlin critic Navalny released after 15 days in custody
- Witness in Russian politician's slaying gets death threats
- Al-Qaida's Syria branch confirms death of field commander
- Iraqi forces push toward Tikrit in battle against IS
- Accused rapist dragged from prison and killed by Indian mob
- Head of UN Women: No country has reached gender equality
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!