Tonight: A clear sky and still chilly. Frost possible, especially in areas away from the city. An overnight low in the mid 30s (below freezing in spots away from the city and north)
Thursday: Mostly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-Ga. sheriff's deputy convicted of battery
- Deal signs medical school scholarship regulation
- GA insurance commissioner releases enrollment data
- 2 charged in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father
- Thousands using new Ga. online voter registration
- US transportation secretary visits Atlanta
- No injuries reported from building's falling glass
- FEMA chief to address US hurricane conference
- Up to 100 students hit by blast of pepper spray
- Moniz raised MOX alternatives with Russia
- Number of missing in Washington mudslide drops
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Troopers issue report on fatal Fla. day care crash
- 3 school staffers on leave in Vegas cheating probe
- Experts say video doesn't show Earhart wreckage
- Indiana faces deadline on new education standards
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty?
- John Edwards returns to court practicing law
- Lawyers in 9/11 at Gitmo case seek to question FBI
- uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- Nigerian military: 100+ kidnapped students free
- Nigerian military: 121 kidnapped students free
- 6 confirmed dead, many more missing
- Mexico probes death of pregnant woman at clinic
- US: Russia facing diplomacy or new sanctions
- Inmates rock Peru prison with 'Superstar
- Mexico nabs No. 2 in Beltran Leyva gang
- Bosnians see families excavated from mass grave
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!