Friday (Halloween): Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Scattered light showers as well. An afternoon high in the upper 50s to low 60s. An increasing North wind at 10-20mph.
Friday ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Atlanta firefighters recovering from burns, fall
- Deal, Carter, Nunn, Perdue make closing pitches
- Former Ga. ethics commission attorney sues agency
- DeKalb Co. crime stats questioned in federal audit
- Fatal Walker Co. fire linked to wood burning stove
- Allman dropped from Georgia lawsuit in train crash
- Perdue, Nunn talk trust, solutions in final ads
- Body found wrapped in bloody sheet outside hotel
- State rests case in Florida A&M hazing trial
- Georgia governor candidates release final ads
- First presidential debate set for Republicans
- Atlantic City boardwalk chair company boss guilty
- NC man admits role in trying to help terrorists
- Leahy expresses concern over FBI's fake AP story
- McDonnell wants new trial over jury issues
- Arias judge bars public from witness' testimony
- Crowds, cuteness overwhelm first Hello Kitty Con
- Tropical Storm Vance forms in the Pacific
- Marine wants new charges in Iraq war crime tossed
- New York City zoo welcomes 5 orphaned coyote pups
- Cali cartel boss' daughter charged with extortion
- French town bans clown disguises after assaults
- Clothing with bodies matches missing Texans'
- Costa Rica volcano spews ash, prompts evacuations
- Senior US diplomat seeks end to impasse in Haiti
- Relatives suspected poison in Utah family deaths
- Burkina Faso president declares state of emergency
- Norway to send training troops to Iraq
- 9 Niger security forces killed in militant attacks
- Israel recalls ambassador to Sweden
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!