Tuesday Night: A few t-showers are possible during the night. Partly ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Storms spark lightning fires in Winder, Macon
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Police probe stabbing of pit bull inside pet store
- Crews respond to possible drowning at Lake Lanier
- Storms spark lightning fires in Barrow County
- Inmates tend to garden at Alabama county jail
- Company identifies worker killed at Savannah mill
- Pedestrian killed crossing I-25 ID'd as soldier
- Georgia film studio plan: High drama, few results
- Penn State student gains rep as squirrel whisperer
- Politico founder to be Washington Post publisher
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- UMass starts semester with giant clambake
- Chicago activist back in court in immigration case
- Flight diverted due to dispute over reclining seat
- Topeka City Council to consider public nudity ban
- More storms roll through Midwest with hail, winds
- $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years
- Tropical Storm Dolly forms off Mexico's coast
- Ukraine says Russian forces are in major rebel cities
- Official: New Polish prime minister this month
- Ukraine: Russian forces in major rebel cities
- Greece to toughen penalties on hate speech
- Instead of mushrooms, Austrian finds grenade
- Germany opens memorial to Nazis' disabled victims
- Austrian police arrest suspected Mideast fighter
- Police abandon posts in Lesotho, fear for lives
- UN provides aid for record 4.1 million in Syria
- UN warns food prices rising in Ebola-hit countries
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!