Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tennessee man pleads guilty to defrauding northwest Ga. bank
- Anime, videogame fans gather for Atlanta convention
- Ala. federal judge arrested last year to resign from bench
- Ga. state patrol: Teen dancing in road caused serious crash
- Ga. deputy accidentally shot during training exercise
- Officials vote to fire Ga. teacher accused of allowing sex
- Teen charged as an adult in school bus shooting
- Ga. man sentenced for unemployment fraud
- Anheuser-Busch producing canned water for flood victims
- GBI probing deadly police shooting in Carrollton
- Sharpton tells Cleveland to stay peaceful, keep fighting
- Correction: 10 Things to Know-Friday story
- Pentagon says live anthrax shipments went to 24 labs in 11 states, 2 foreign countries
- Hurricane Andres strengthens far off coast of Mexico
- Latest on flooding: Homes ordered evacuated in SE Texas city
- California beaches reopen after goo cleanup
CHICAGO (AP) -- Former Illinois Congressman Aaron Schock has reimbursed the U.S. government for the cost of auto mileage, office redecoration and a flight to Chicago Bears game.
- Latest on flooding: Texas guv ask for disaster declaration
- Officials say those Boston snow piles are even more vile
- Prosecutor: Judge makes errors in acquitting Ohio officer
- Heat wave eases in India after killing nearly 2,000 people
- Italy: 4,200 more migrants saved off Libya's coasts, 17 die
- Activists say Syrian army strikes kill 45 people in Aleppo
- US, Iran accelerate nuclear talks a month before deadline
- Pashtuns refuse to bury dead from Pakistan bus hijackings
- 15 wounded in 2 explosions in restive southern Philippines
- Pentagon chief criticizes Beijing's South China Sea moves
- Interpol: Islamic State group gains support in Africa, Asia
- Mexico: Shootout in Baja California Sur kills 2 suspects
- Canada gunman praises Allah in unedited pre-shooting video
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!