Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Woman killed in Clayton County stabbing
- Feds indict 1 after noose put on Ole Miss integration statue
- 2 Georgia men sentenced for robbing postal workers
- Senate sends bill detailing school takeover to governor
- Police chief: Shooting investigation to be reviewed by GBI
- AP Exclusive: Before leak, NSA mulled ending phone program
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Utility found 'hazardous situation' months before NYC blast
- Pence: Effort to 'clarify' religious objections law underway
- Wildfire grows in Montana, but ski area evacuation lifted
- Painstaking search continues after NYC blast, but hope dims
- 7 shot and injured at Florida spring break house party
- Chicago universities study astronaut on 1 year space mission
- Wildfire threatens Montana ski area, forcing evacuation
- LA commuter train hits car, partially derails; 21 hurt
- Pope prays for Alps plane crash victims
- Cameroon residents kill suspected C. African Republic rebels
- Nigerians continue voting after violence, technical hitches
- High turnout as Uzbekistan votes for president
- Warning to Shiite rebels in Yemen
- Guinea president reinforces emergency Ebola measures
- Worshippers pray at historic Holy Land sites on Palm Sunday
- Pope Francis leads Palm Sunday procession ahead of Holy Week
- 9 killed in Tunisian anti-terrorism operations
- Officials: Iran nuke talks solving some issues, not others
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!