Saturday: Cloudy and drier through the afternoon. An afternoon high in the upper 40s to lower 50s.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and seasonably cold with a low in the low/mid 30s.
Sunday: A mix of clouds and sun, then cloudy through the ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Hearings delayed in officials' suits against Columbus
- Savannah city employees donate 25,204 cans of food
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Dublin VA chief says waits still too long
- Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- 3rd person dies after shooting at Macon nightclub
- Ex-Cub Scout leader sent to prison in child molestation case
- Dalton police officer faces child molestation charge
- Federal court finds protesters in contempt for ignoring order to halt anti-whaling campaign
- Obama touches down in Hawaii for annual vacation
- San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- NY pain doctor gets prison in manslaughter case
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- Bob Simpson, co-developer of Saffir-Simpson scale, dies
- Obama calls on women only at news conference
- Lava could reach Hawaii shopping center in 8 days
- Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- Extremists in Nigeria lining up elderly and shooting them
- Bahrain 'terror blast' wounds 3 police
- Russia dismisses new US sanctions as useless
- Liberia holds Senate vote amid Ebola fears
- Pakistan officials: US drone strike in northwestern tribal area kills 5 militants
- Bombings kill 10 in Iraq
- 2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel
- Pakistan: US drone strike kills 5 militants
- China leader cautions against external forces
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!