Tonight: Clear and cool with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and warmer with an afternoon high ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- More guilty pleas planned in dog fighting probe
- Savannah beekeeper rescues swarm at restaurant
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in deadly ND crash
- Atlanta Public Schools approves record budget
- Grand jury: Deadly use of force unauthorized
- Delay sought in loud music killing trial
- Georgians urged to turn in unused medications
- 2 Ga. schools recognized for green initiatives
- Drug dog bites Ga. deputy during attempted selfie
- United flight diverts to LA with engine problem
- Judge denies mistrial in killings of Minn. teens
- Soldier convicted in WikiLeaks case gets new name
- Pop star Chris Brown's DC trial delayed for months
- Ex-CEO admits stealing from prominent NYC charity
- 3 charged with sending chemical equipment to Syria
- Sinkhole in Florida seems to be opening again
- Labor Dept. cuts levels of allowable coal dust
- Court won't overturn death sentence for Ky. man
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Dutch scramble jets after Russian bombers approach
- Bahrain moves to deport Shiite cleric
- Ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Colombia president reinstates ousted Bogota mayor
- Guyana residents seek improvements to 911 system
- Official: Debris is not likely to be from plane
- Indonesian general says his flashy watch is a fake
- Poland holds security exercise, 1st in decades
- Yemen examines DNA of slain al-Qaida militants
- Sri Lanka to deport UK tourist with Buddha tattoo
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!