Today: A few scattered storms ending this afternoon. Partly sunny with a high in the mid/upper 80s. A west, then northwest wind at 10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the mid/upper 60s.
Friday: Sunny and a ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Family of Georgia man shot in park gets $1.5M
- Covington police say officer shot man with sword
- Sandy Springs police find car taken in carjacking
- Body found in 18-wheeler on I-20 in Warren County
- Atlanta Cyclorama painting to move across town
- Head of troubled CDC anthrax lab has resigned
- Tropical depression weakens to tropical wave
- Fund set up for injured firefighters
- Crews clearing out Savannah homeless camps
- Daycare won't appeal revocation of license
- US hails Indonesia democracy in turbulent SE Asia
- Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
- Calif. wine collector set for sentencing in NY
- Prayers for man who died in NY police custody
- Ohio woman to be sentenced in slave labor case
- Family: Teen pilot who crashed in ocean knew risks
- Suspected Nazi guard's death a blow to prosecutors
- Deliberations in Ventura trial to enter Day 3
- FAA lifts ban on US flights to Tel Aviv airport
- Farm bank donates $10 billion for rural projects
- Spanish jobless falls as recovery gains traction
- 3 patients at Chinese nursing home castrated
- Australia readies 50 police to send to Ukraine
- Afghan market bombing kills 6
- 2 planes with more crash victims to leave Ukraine
- Nokia Q2 profit up 20 percent to $285 million
- Matmo brings stormy weather to eastern China
- Gaza fighting rages amid cease-fire bid
- 13 school children die in train-bus crash in India
- China lifts quarantine after man dies of plague
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!