Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
- Police say teenager hit, killed 2-year-old Georgia boy
- Lawyer in Atlanta cheating case previews new support group
- Family says Georgia man missing after Nepal earthquake
- Singer Jamie Barton wins the 'Heisman Trophy' of music
- At Civil War's end, a steamboat disaster that history forgot
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission
- Serbia arrests 15 suspected migrant traffickers
- Mom faces charges after 4 kids locked in basement 15 hours
- Akron grad students invent device to detect marijuana use
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Appeal for international help
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Reconstruction cost $5 billion
- Thousands expected at Monday's funeral for Freddie Gray
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Foreign tourists out in the cold
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
- Deadly Nevada prison brawl stokes mystery about guards, guns
- Long odds for insanity defense in theater shooting trial
- Saudi-led airstrikes target Shiite rebels across Yemen
- Iraq: Car bombing in Baghdad kills at least 7 civilians
- SAfrica: Charity, solidarity arise in anti-foreigner attacks
- Toll from Pakistan storm rises to 45
- South Korea's prime minister steps down over bribery scandal
- Leave your selfie sticks at home, say Wimbledon organizers
- Israel advances plans for new construction in east Jerusalem
- Burundi protests persist over president's third term bid
- Malaysia: ASEAN to avoid confronting China in S. China Sea
- Syrian insurgents capture military base in northwest
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!