Saturday Night: Cloudy with an overnight low in the low 40s.
Sunday: Cloudy with rain ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Accounting oversight triggers Ga. hospital layoffs
- Georgia State to create media production center
- Interim presidents named at 2 GA universities
- UGA looks to boost research funds
- Bus hits plane at Atlanta airport; no one hurt
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Civic group: No Ferguson grand jury decision yet
- Hawaii airline tells pilots to return $4,000 bonus
- Storms raise hope in California drought
- Ferguson announcement does not appear imminent
- City's 'ugly' Christmas tree prompts public outcry
- Woman who was raped, burned dies in Kansas
- Obama, Jeter tee off on exclusive Vegas course
- UVa suspends fraternal activities amid probe
- Police: Pregnant woman, 3 others fatally shot
- Pregnant woman, 3 others shot, killed; girl hurt
- Poland's ruling party wins local elections
- Morocco to celebrate birth of its royal twins
- Russian tourist arrested for vandalizing Colosseum
- Hitler watercolor sold for $162,000 at auction
- Kerry says gaps remain in talks about Iran's nukes
- Fog forces 5 US choppers to land in Polish field
- More than 20 hurt as earthquake shakes central Japan
- Source: NKorean escapes kidnap attempt in Paris
- Albania opens secret bunker built by communists
- Geneva hospital: Cuban doctor with Ebola stable
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!