Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the mid 70s.
Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- More than 335,000 have voted early in Georgia
- Woman at Ga. homeless camp wounded in knife attack
- Police: Mom, infant rescued from Savannah river
- Hacker gets prison for cyberattack stealing $9.4M
- Emory confirms Ebola no longer detected in nurse
- Emory: Tests no longer detect Ebola virus in nurse
- Ala court voids same-sex child visitation order
- Va. man wanted in fatal shooting caught in Georgia
- 7 hurt when car smashes into California restaurant
- 3 California sheriffs' deputies shot, 1 dies
- Father of country star Reba McEntire dies
- Jury says castrated sex offender should be freed
- Judge rules Oklahoma abortion law can take effect
- No verdict for Tsarnaev pal; jury returns Monday
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Report: No escape charges for Ohio school shooter
- Marathon suspect's lawyers again cite media leaks
- NYC police commissioner: Hatchet attack was terror
- Egypt declares emergency in northern Sinai
- 4 dead during attempted Dominican prison break
- Public donations pay for Argentine national park
- Mozambique's ruling party wins presidential race
- Nurse: Toddler who brought Ebola to Mali dies
- Putin accuses US of undermining global stability
- Dominican Republic rejects int'l court decision
- Muslim leaders say gunman was critical of mosque
- Aid group: No need to isolate staff treating Ebola
- Italian court acquits Dolce&Gabbana in tax case
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!