Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia governor proposes $50M more on pre-kindergarten
- Atlanta police investigating fatal stabbing
- Rally in Henry County after racist graffiti painted on homes
- Police: Man tried abducting girl near Cobb County bus stop
- Scientists study how rising seas will reshape Georgia coast
- Man sentenced for shooting stepfather in eye with flare gun
- Georgia-Pacific to close Wisconsin plant
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency
- Man charged in 4 slayings at Ohio home set for arraignment
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept
- Jewish site shootings trial to resume with closing arguments
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Mourners to pay tribute to slain television cameraman
- Court to rule if California death penalty is cruel, unusual
- Rare photos of 19th-century blacks speak to modern Americans
- Hurricane churns in ocean, but watch ended for Hawaii
- Cops: Maine driver cited after selfie leads to injuries
- Kerry, Obama to raise global warming issues in Alaska
- Germany open to new 4-way Ukraine summit
- Unstable antenna atop Trump tower closes streets in Toronto
- AP Interview: Migration group ready to help with influx
- Central EU nations reject criticism of actions on migrants
- Migrants bike into Norway at remote Arctic border crossing
- US murder suspect extradited to Czech Republic
- The Latest: Thai sought in Bangkok bomb believed in Turkey
- EU gives France 5 million euros for new Calais migrant camp
- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger
- Wildfire destroys 5,000 acres in northwest Spain
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!