Tonight: Clear and chilly with an overnight low in the city near 40. 30s away from the city. Patchy frost possible in outlying areas and local mountains.
Thursday: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal, Carter discuss gun laws, reforms at forum
- Group blocks Atlanta freeway in police protest
- Authorities in Ga. arrest 18 in child porn raids
- Body recovered from burned out car in Clarke Co.
- Fort Stewart deploying 32 soldiers to fight Ebola
- Georgia Aquarium says beluga whale is pregnant
- Ga. hospital to pay $8.4 million in settlement
- Feds find no violations at SC nuke fuel plant
- Deal promises review of Georgia's school funding
- Rome leaders consider trail to link area colleges
- Wildlife rehab for bear found in Oregon drugstore
- Protest against police brutality blocks Ga freeway
- Vandalism reported at 5 National Parks
- Nebraska trucker returns bull mastiff to Arizona
- Teens' travel renews concerns about terror appeal
- Colorado girls make possible bid to join militants
- Van replaces Oregon city's $1 million library
- No verdict yet in trial of Tsarnaev's friend
- Senator blasts CIA for censoring `torture' report
- Princess in cockfighting case gets probation
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- No motive cited in Ottawa attack
- Gunman, soldier dead after shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Mexico: Mayor linked to deadly attack on students
- Tourists watch solar alignment in Egypt temple
- Canada had raised domestic terror threat level yesterday
- Ottawa hospital says it treated 3 shooting victims
- Witness describes shooting of soldier at Canadian war memorial
- Mexican military kills 19, suffers no casualties
- WHO: Ebola responsible for more than 4,800 deaths
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!