Tonight: (Fall begins at 10:29pmET) Clear and much cooler with an overnight low in the ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police investigating Ga. shooting arrest Wisc. man
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Developer seeks rezoning for Norcross move studio
- Teen shot to death after party at community center
- Districts in Orlando, Atlanta up for school prize
- 2nd trial begins for man accused of killing teen
- Man shot in apparent carjacking in shopping center
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Search to resume for man who fell from lake dock
- Camden sheriffs finds funding for inmate education
- Police: Canadian woman arrested at JFK with guns
- Chicago museum only US site for Bowie exhibit
- Bear suspected of killing hiker in New Jersey
- Lawyer: Exonerated NYC man dies from asthma attack
- SpaceX breaks ground on Texas rocket launch site
- Police: Texas solider beat daughter to death
- Media wants cameras in court for shooting trial
- Pots, pans, dolls, games up for toy hall of fame
- NTSB investigating fatal Delaware bus crash
- Marathon suspect's friend renews bid to move trial
- High-profile Israeli spy Mike Harari dead at 87
- Dozens flock to new Liberia Ebola treatment center
- Computer bungle leads to Mexico child porn arrest
- Man bitten by Ebola patient flown to Switzerland
- Germany arrests suspected jihadist back from Syria
- Germany asks soldiers to volunteer to fight Ebola
- Algerian army says top Al-Qaida militant killed
- Greece: Homeless used in VIP taxi scam
- Iran arrests 11 over insulting text messages
- Romania's spy chief quits, will run for president
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!