Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- DeKalb fire officials color coding hydrants
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts
- Fire officials probing blaze at Gwinnett shopping center
- Mississippi hospital whistleblower gets $3.5M in settlement
- School funding question top task for Deal's education panel
- Ga. officials launching child vehicle safety campaign
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Death of middle Georgia girl ruled homicide
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Navy divers to help raise confederate warship artifacts
- Journalism students aim to dispel myths about veterans
- The Latest in Cleveland: Cafe patrons were pepper-sprayed
- Annual Rolling Thunder 'Ride for Freedom' honors veterans
- Residents rescued from flooded homes in Texas, Oklahoma
- Woman uses obituary to say Brady innocent in 'Deflategate'
- Residents along Blanco River in Texas urged to evacuate
- Protests, arrests after Ohio officer's acquittal in 2 deaths
- The Latest in Cleveland: Multiple arrests after verdict
- Sheriff: Community is relieved now that suspect is dead
- Iraqi lawmaker slams US criticism of Iraqi military
- Dutch prime minister thanks American liberators
- Russians celebrate the saints who gave them their alphabet
- Nigerian cell phone provider needs fuel to prevent shut-down
- Thousands attend funeral of killed Burundi opposition figure
- 60th birthday for Cannes' Palme d'Or top film trophy
- Saudi Arabia says suicide bomber was Islamic State operative
- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff
- Malaysia finds mass graves of suspected trafficking victims
- Local elections in Spain test upstart parties' voter appeal
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!