Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Study: Ga. teachers, state workers pay more for health care
- Police investigating Norcross home invasion; 1 man shot
- Kennesaw man dies of injuries from fight
- Officials warn of firecrackers' impact on veterans with PTSD
- 3 sentenced in metro Atlanta tax fraud scheme
- Billy Dilworth --veteran Georgia, SC journalist -- dies at 80
- 2-year-old girl drowns in south Georgia river
- Atlanta DUI suspect jumps 30 feet from overpass
- Fleeing suspect runs to law enforcement training center
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia
- Funeral for Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer slated for Friday
- Diana Douglas, 1st wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- 3 dead bodies found in 2 houses in coastal Maine town
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino
- Virginia chief says armed suspect killed during police chase
- Slain woman's parents focused on healing, not 'sanctuary'
- America celebrates July 4 with parades, hot dogs, cold beer
- Girl killed after being struck by jumping sturgeon in boat
- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake hits Oregon, no damage reported
- Excommunicated founder of Mormon women's group steps down
- IS video shows troops' deaths in Syria archaeological site
- Alternative for Germany party replaces euroskeptic leader
- Draft of sanctions relief at Iran nuclear talks in hand, awaiting senior officials' sign-off
- Bombings kill 15 people in and around Baghdad
- Neo-Nazis rally in London, outnumbered by rivals
- Syrian elite forces and Hezbollah fighters besiege mountain resort near Lebanon border
- Spanish police arrest man suspected of recruiting jihadis
- Russia's Putin sends July 4 greetings to Obama
- Hundreds march in Istanbul in support of Uighurs
- Report: Serbs ask Russia to veto UN resolution on Srebrenica
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!