Tonight: A fair sky and still comfortable with an overnight low in the mid/upper 60s.
Thursday: Sunny to partly sunny. A little more humid ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Central Ga. brush fire could burn until next rain
- County eyes changes in tattoo, body piercing rules
- Police say dispute over cellphone led to killing
- Cobb County OKs budget with increase for police
- Wildlife officials monitor disease found in snake
- Asphalt, supplies unaccounted for in Atlanta audit
- Additional arrests made in death of Georgia teen
- GA man sentenced to life plus 20 years in shooting
- Man sentenced in death of GSU soccer player
- Charges filed against ex-county official in Ga.
- Appeal for soldier convicted in '03 grenade attack
- Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd hurt
- Man faces arraignment in estranged wife's slaying
- Lawyers for mother of autistic girl want off case
- Military court to hear appeal in fragging attack
- Texas road-rage murder case coming to a close
- 2 rescued from disabled boat 2 miles from falls
- Southern California beach community sees flooding
- Driver charged in market crash denied lower bail
- 2 rescued from disabled boat near brink of falls
- Another group splits from Pakistani Taliban
- Egypt's president will head to US in September
- Iran says purported Israeli drone came from north
- Earthquakes rock Iceland volcano
- Amid Ebola fears, Air France urged to stop flights
- 3rd doctor dies from Ebola in Sierra Leone
- Libya ministers resign over militia fighting
- Report: Iran redesigning reactor as part of deal
- Syrian rebels seize border crossing with Israel
- 3 playful lion cubs debut at Johannesburg Zoo
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!