Tonight: Cloudy and quite mild with rain after midnight. An overnight low from 55 to 60. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Wednesday: Cloudy and cooler with periods of rain. Especially in the morning. High in the low 60s but falling into the upper 40s lower ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Suspect in GA convenience store slaying in custody
- Teen seeks juvenile trial in Ga. baby killing
- Ga. man fatally shot in target practice accident
- DeKalb Co. residents paying double for leadership
- Trial set in reading program investigation
- Attorney general launches food drive competition
- Woman sought in killing of NW Georgia store clerk
- Ga. abandons push to decriminalize campus guns
- Bernice King turns in father's Bible, Nobel prize
- Women sought in killing of NW Georgia store clerk
- Facebook headquarters cleared after false threat
- Federal jury soon to get NY kidnap-rape plot case
- Agency sues American Airlines over tax incentives
- Boston-Washington Amtrak train stuck for 5 hours
- Prisons director takes leave, grandson charged
- Washington detention center hunger strike on Day 5
- Crews assess flood damage as water recedes
- Prison company wants lawsuit held during FBI probe
- Man held in mailing explosives to Arizona sheriff
- Federal jury convicts former Arkansas treasurer
- Malaysia's air force jet may have turned back
- Crimean parliament declaration could delay move by Russia
- In Bermuda, officials vow to conserve Sargasso Sea
- Guyana suspends air traffic controllers for breach
- Conservatives march to demand recount in Salvador
- Teen hit by Turkish police dies after 9-month coma
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Israel expresses regret over death of Jordanian
- 2 airlines to be able to check passports on Interpol database
- Soldiers clear barricades in western Venezuela
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!