Monday: Isolated showers ending early then partly cloudy and warmer with highs in the 60s.
Gradually cooler Tuesday and Wednesday with highs ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tornado warning issued in central Georgia
- Boy dies after being hit by car in Alabama
- 12-year-old boy fatally shot in Savannah
- Forecasters warn of heavy rain, damaging wind in Georgia
- State details project list of affordable housing
- Atlanta's Fernbank Museum set to expand
- EPA proposes plan to clean contaminated Ga. marshland
- GA lawmaker wants schools to go digital by 2020
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- US judge to sentence reputed drug-lord lieutenant
- First lady attends Princeton women's hoops game
- Baby girl accidentally shot in New York City home
- Kassig recalled as man who sought to help others
- Joey Chestnut devours turkey to win eating contest
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- Veteran journalist, educator Michael Shanahan dies
- DA to dismiss ticket in wreck that killed family
- San Jose police arrest man after airport chase
- Admiral denies role in counterfeiting casino chips
- Dozens take refuge from Japan quake aftershocks
- Afghan official: suicide attack toll at least 50
- Philippine court convicts 9 Chinese of poaching
- British banker can plea in HK murder case: Judge
- Crew blasts off for International Space Station
- Burkina Faso military gets key posts in Cabinet
- Tunisia polls give ex-regime figure the edge
- Evacuations in Cape Verde after volcano erupts
- Muslim clerics meet in Iran to counter extremists
- Iran releases British-Iranian woman on bail
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!