Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Chattanooga Fire Safety Award Week Winners
The Chattanooga Fire Department held its annual Fire Prevention Week
awards ceremony today at the Chattanooga Public Library downtown.
Chattanooga Mayor Ron Littlefield joined Fire Chief Randy Parker and
Fire Marshal James Whitmire in handing out prizes to the winners of the
fire safety poster contest. The winning posters were the ones that best
illustrated this year’s fire safety theme, which was “Have Two Ways
Out!” The winners received gift cards from Walmart, and the overall
winner (i.e. Best of Show) will have her poster prominently displayed on
a billboard for a month. A complete list of the poster contest winners
is included below:
Individual Grade Winners:
- Kindergarten – Frances Bohner, St. Nicholas School, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 1st Grade – Logan Gray, DuPont Elementary, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 2nd Grade – Hennessy Pell, Chattanooga Charter, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 3rd Grade – Dillon Kosik, DuPont Elementary, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 4th Grade – Aislinn Bird, Lookout Valley Elementary, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 5th Grade – Elizabeth Van Deusen, St. Peter’s Episcopal School, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 6th Grade – Jasmin Galvan, Hixson Middle School, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 7th Grade – Carmen Gonzales, Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 8th Grade – Lacey Watts, Chattanooga Christian School, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 9th Grade – Katie Oakley, Boyd Buchanan, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 10th Grade – Julia Sanderson, Boyd Buchanan, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 11th Grade – Zach Jenkins, Boyd Buchanan, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 12th Grade – Kim Dieu Tran, Ooltewah High School, $50 Walmart Gift Card
- 3rd Place – Leila Lin, Hixson High School, $60 Walmart Gift Card
- 2nd Place – Lina Ye, Boyd Buchanan, $70 Walmart Gift Card
- 1st Place – Kirsten Scholl, Boyd Buchanan, $80 Walmart Gift Card
- Best of Show – Dana Ortega, Boyd Buchanan, $100 Walmart Gift Card & Poster Displayed on Billboard
the photo: Chattanooga Mayor Ron Littlefield, Fire Chief Randy Parker,
Fire Marshal James Whitmire and the Fire Prevention Bureau staff all
pose for a group photo with the students in public and private schools
who won this year’s Fire Prevention Week poster contest.Chattanooga Fire Safety Award Week Winners Monday, October 29 2012, 02:38 PM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA wildlife refuge managers move nuisance gators
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- SC mom's arrest sparks child care debate
- UGA Pharmacy students plan tobacco cessation class
- Ports Authority reaches 3 million container mark
- Atlanta federal building reopens
- Man drowns at Lake Allatoona northwest of Atlanta
- Small plane crash on Fla. beach; 2 on ground hit
- 3 wounded by gunfire in Savannah shooting
- Pilot killed in NE Georgia plane crash identified
- Suspect dead, marshals and cop wounded in NYC
- NY mayor: Brooklyn Bridge security breach a worry
- Friend: McBride slurring during phone call
- Boehner urges US solidarity with Israel
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- Jury selected in Wisconsin kidnapping case
- Fire chief: 1 dead, 3 hurt in fish plant explosion
- Beijing, Chicago architects to design Lucas Museum
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Sea star disease strikes Washington marine centers
- Bolivian president seeks votes in the bedroom
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Syrian army casualties surge, raising death toll
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime
- Poland, Britain call for more sanctions on Russia
- Observers, investigators kept away by fighting
- Papal first: Francis visits Pentecostal church
- Rebels: C. African Republic ceasefire 'broken'
- New Spain king moves to clean up palace's image
- UN Security Council calls for Gaza cease-fire
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!