Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
Chattanooga history is about to take center stage on a national television program.
C-SPAN is coming to Chattanooga Monday to the history center to kick things off. The network plans to record and then showcase Chattanooga history and the city's literary life.
C-SPAN will be here all week to capture the important milestones of the Scenic City. Chattanooga was chosen as one of 20 U.S. communities on the network's 2013 Cities Tour.
The stories gathered this week will air January 18-19.Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia exports total $39.4 billion in 2014
- Newnan City Council votes to equip police with body cameras
- Forecasters warn that melting snow will refreeze on roads
- GA House passes $44.6 billion state budget for Senate review
- Cobb County police probe killing of man
- Colorado sheriff offers safe zones to complete online sales
- Boy, 14, wounded in 1 of 2 shootings into homes in Savannah
- Amtrak cancels trains between DC, Norfolk, Va., due to snow
- More than 6,000 without power in north Georgia
- Atlanta airport returns to normal operations after storm
- Officials: Stolen Picasso smuggled into US, labeled 'craft'
- Los Angeles police ID suspect in fatal street race
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Col. Paul Green, member of Tuskegee Airmen, dies at 91
- Grand jury: SC father strangled 4 children, beat 1 to death
- Arkansas court affirms class-action status in tobacco suit
- Official: Remains of 3 recovered from Washington state fire
- Some Mexicans to be given another chance to stay in US
- Bonds reduced for 4 accused in staged Missouri kidnapping
- Virginia sterilization program
- Gunman kills 4 in South Korean city: report
- Costa Rica says Romanian hanged himself on airline flight
- Imprisoned Mexican drug suspects complain of poor conditions
- Migrants in Puerto Rico illegally can now open bank accounts
- UN envoy heads to Damascus to pursue Aleppo truce plan
- Lawyer for Al-Jazeera journalist blasts Canadian government
- Reports say 'Jihadi John' was raised in UK, studied computers
- Chile government rejects 14 year-old's plea for euthanasia
- Ukraine, rebels start pulling back heavy weapons in East
- Detained Maldives' ex-leader denies ordering judge's arrest
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!