Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
Chattanooga history is about to take center stage on a national television program.
C-SPAN is coming to Chattanooga Monday to the history center to kick things off. The network plans to record and then showcase Chattanooga history and the city's literary life.
C-SPAN will be here all week to capture the important milestones of the Scenic City. Chattanooga was chosen as one of 20 U.S. communities on the network's 2013 Cities Tour.
The stories gathered this week will air January 18-19.Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Georgia men sentenced for robbing postal workers
- Senate sends bill detailing school takeover to governor
- Police chief: Shooting investigation to be reviewed by GBI
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss
- 3 arrested, charged in death of man who was decapitated
- Lockheed to pay $2M to settle allegations it overbilled govt
- Georgia House defeats bill preventing plastic bag bans
- Bill allowing third-party lending for solar panels to Deal
- Deal signs order requiring readiness for marijuana law
- Police: Hammer-wielding intruder shot dead inside Macon home
- Police officer wounded, suspect killed in Boston shootout
- Mystery of California hilltop piano solved
- US rescues Saudi airmen from water south of Yemen
- Oregon's pink chicken mystery solved; owner explains
- Chinese drywall company pays $3.2 million to 7 homeowners
- Alaska police officers corral grazing miniature horses
- Rosewood massacre activist dies at 72
- Jury says Silicon Valley firm did not discriminate
- Nurse reunited with injured Afghan children she helped
- Police report claims misconduct in officer body camera case
- Venezuela to present anti-US petition at summit with Obama
- Guatemala arrests gang suspect in journalist's killing
- Mexico sets 25 pct pollution cut by 2030 for climate talks
- Hezbollah leader slams Saudi intervention in Yemen
- Greek ferry reaches island port after stranded for 2 days
- Snowden meets Swedish lawmakers in Moscow
- AP Interview: Ukraine PM: Russia could spark new offensive
- Report: Cluster bomb wounds 6 boys in southern Lebanon
- UN draft resolution would not lift Libya arms embargo
- Northern Chile works to recover after floods kill 9
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!