Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
Chattanooga history is about to take center stage on a national television program.
C-SPAN is coming to Chattanooga Monday to the history center to kick things off. The network plans to record and then showcase Chattanooga history and the city's literary life.
C-SPAN will be here all week to capture the important milestones of the Scenic City. Chattanooga was chosen as one of 20 U.S. communities on the network's 2013 Cities Tour.
The stories gathered this week will air January 18-19.Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Correction: Unattended Child Campaign story
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle
- Police arrest man after car involved in 2 police chases
- 2 arrested in Savannah after car broadsides police car
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- East Point police investigate shooting of security guard
- Man found in Chattahoochee may have fallen from boat
- Police investigate suspicious death of security guard
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks
- Troubled Memphis-area cemetery reopens for family visits
- Eds: With AP Photos.
- What does Ireland vote say about US debate on gay marriage?
- Suspects charged in senior prank that released ladybug swarm
- The Latest on weather: 12 missing people from 2 families
- NFL player Ray McDonald arrested in domestic violence case
- The Latest on weather: Governor calls damage 'devastating'
- Police: 3 kids injured when waterspout uproots bounce house
- The Latest: Death toll from Mexico twister climbs to 13
- Anonymous threats against airliners prompt plane searches
- UN chief wants more options for refugees, recalls lost home
- Hundreds of taxi drivers march in Mexico against Uber
- Nigerian court orders release of senator arrested in 'Orange is the New Black'-related case
- Galapagos Island volcano erupts first time in 33 years
- Ireland's first gay marriage possible by July, minister says
- Elections in Suriname to decide gov't for next 5 years
- Independent candidate rides hated of politics in Mexico
- German protests Russia's decision to turn away Merkel ally
- Egypt official says Sinai extremists kill soldier in clashes
- Bangladesh bans Islamist group accused of killing bloggers
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!