Today: Partly to mostly sunny with an afternoon high in the low 70s. Light North wind.
Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and ... More...
Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
In preparation for the 2012-2013 academic year, Covenant has appointed seven new faculty members. These professors will strengthen a variety of programs, including computer science, education, engineering, English, linguistics, theatre, and theological studies.
Dr. Jeff Humphries, associate professor of computer science, served as assistant professor and computer science curriculum chair at the Air Force Institute of Technology. He also served on the faculty at the United States Air Force Academy as associate professor and director of information assurance education.
Dr. Sarah Donaldson, assistant professor of education, worked as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor at Covenant while finishing her Ph.D. in mathematics education at the University of Georgia. Before that, she taught for four years at Chattanooga Christian School, taught for three years at Riverside School in Prague, and spent one year at the Christian International School of Prague.
Dr. Curtis Stern, professor of engineering, taught as an associate professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University. He has authored numerous papers in major technical journals and worked as a senior research engineer at Enersyst Development Center in Dallas.
Dr. Robert Erle Barham, assistant professor of English, has taught as an instructor at the University of North Carolina since 2007, while completing his Ph.D. He also taught at Belmont University and the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Dr. Nola Stephens, assistant professor of linguistics, was a visiting assistant professor at Pennsylvania State University and worked as a research assistant at Indiana University, Stanford, and the University of California. She has been involved in various mentoring programs at Stanford and Penn State, and volunteered as a teacher of English as a second language.
Deborah Kirby, associate professor of theatre, has worked at Covenant as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor. She served as founder and producing artistic director for the Journeymen Theater Ensemble in Washington, DC, and has a wide array of teaching, producing, acting and directing experience.
Dr. Hans Madueme, assistant professor of theological studies, served as an adjunct professor of theology and bioethics at Trinity International University Graduate School, and as a research scholar for the Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity. He has published numerous journal articles, book notes and reviews, and is currently under contract with Baker Academic to co-edit and write two chapters for Adam, the Fall, and Original Sin.
These professors will be installed during the opening convocation ceremony at the beginning of the fall 2012 semester.
“Covenant College is supported by a strong faculty with members who love the Lord, are dedicated to students and have a passion for learning,” says Dr. Jeff Hall, vice president for academic affairs. “These seven faculty members are exemplary in those regards and should have a positive influence on life, both in and out of the classroom.”
Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ala court voids same-sex child visitation order
- Va. man wanted in fatal shooting caught in Georgia
- 150 students at Ga. school to be tested for TB
- Body in burned car identified as Atlanta woman
- Georgia probate judge guilty of embezzlement
- In Ga. Senate race, Nunn stumps across north Ga.
- Marietta firm proposes purchase of newspapers
- Plea deal in FAMU case is off the table
- Perdue urging conservatives in final bus tour
- Burned dogs showing up at Georgia animal hospital
- Federal officials: Dallas nurse free of Ebola
- Woman guilty of pushing husband off cliff appeals
- Some New Yorkers showing fears of Ebola
- Judge ready to bar developers from using Rocky Top
- Police: Man, 65, kicked 102-year-old woman in shin
- 1st arrest made through use of pumpkin riot photos
- Police pursuit ends in bar crash, 12 injured
- Britney Spears to get Vegas key, 'Britney Day'
- Feds probe Maryland air crash that killed 3
- Man shot by SC trooper recovering, seeks justice
- Poland strips Russian journalist of accreditation
- UN authorizes ship inspections for Somali charcoal
- Vienna honors deserters from Hitler's army
- Macedonia: Gay activists hurt in cafe attack
- Gestapo impostor tricked Nazi sympathizers in WWII
- Momentum builds in Rwanda to ban BBC
- China's president pledges $81 million in Ebola aid
- Pat Robertson comment on AIDS angers Kenyans
- Putin accuses US of undermining global stability
- US to compensate Philippines for coral reef damage
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!