CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Peterson returns to court in murder-for-hire trial
- Patients will have their say at sentencing for cancer doctor
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Storm brings flash flooding to Las Vegas
- New Orleans: Officer arrested for obstruction of justice
- Thousands of birds abandon eggs, nests on Florida island
- South Carolina Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to visit Obama at White House
- Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals Court case
- After legal fight, public path to 'Billionaires' Beach' open
- Tunisian govt defends emergency measures
BERLIN (AP) -- The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- The Latest: Germany's Schaeuble opposes Greek debt cut
- Prosecutors seek 3 1/2 years in prison for ex-Auschwitz guard
- Greek coast guard search for missing migrants after sinking
- Turkish Airlines plane diverted to New Delhi over bomb scare
- Militants attack government-held neighborhood in north Syria
- The Latest: Greece faces 'nightmarish dysfunctionality'
- Ultra-Orthodox Israeli minister slams Reform Judaism members
- 2 Americans, 1 Briton gored in 1st Pamplona bull-run
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!