CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- After escape, man faces new charge: stealing handcuffs
- Savannah-Chatham begins new police chief search
- Savannah police investigating death of Columbian man
- Ga. man sentenced to life on child molestation charges
- Atlanta planning event to commemorate Selma march
- Hardman Farm, new Georgia historic site, to open next week
- Cops: 2 shot at T.I., Young Jeezy party in N. Carolina club
- Alaska flights canceled after volcano ash reduces visibility
- A mix of weather being felt across the country
- Rand Paul wins straw poll
- Biden welcomes pending passage Ukrainian economic plan
- Homicide leads Arizona police to arrest man in 2 killings
- Officer hospitalized after she's struck, dragged by car
- Senator: Venezuela frees 4 North Dakota missionaries
- Police: Man, 60, crushed to death at Ohio machine shop
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee
- Brazil arrests US sect leader wanted on sex charges
- Venezuela to limit US diplomat number, require tourist visas
- Chile's president meets with ailing teen who asked to die
- Blasts from women suicide bombers kill 4 in north Nigeria
- Greek police arrest 2 suspected members of anarchist group
- Police in German city warn of potential extremist threat
- Sierra Leone registers rise in new Ebola cases
- Ukrainian photojournalist killed in shelling in restive east
- Iran offers to protect Iraqi artifacts after militant attack
- German-based anti-Islam group holds first rally in England
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!