CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ala. federal judge arrested last year to resign from bench
- Ga. state patrol: Teen dancing in road caused serious crash
- Ga. deputy accidentally shot during training exercise
- Officials vote to fire Ga. teacher accused of allowing sex
- Teen charged as an adult in school bus shooting
- Ga. man sentenced for unemployment fraud
- Anheuser-Busch producing canned water for flood victims
- GBI probing deadly police shooting in Carrollton
- Ga mom charged with letting son hit student on school bus
- 15 go to hospital after church bus crash in north Ga
- Latest on flooding: Homes ordered evacuated in SE Texas city
- California beaches reopen after goo cleanup
CHICAGO (AP) -- Former Illinois Congressman Aaron Schock has reimbursed the U.S. government for the cost of auto mileage, office redecoration and a flight to Chicago Bears game.
- Latest on flooding: Texas guv ask for disaster declaration
- Officials say those Boston snow piles are even more vile
- Prosecutor: Judge makes errors in acquitting Ohio officer
- Prosecutor: Ohio officer's acquittal
- Latest on flooding: Another flood victim ID'd in Texas
- Shooting death is Baltimore's 39th homicide in May
- Fire department: Hawaii man impaled, killed by fish's bill
- Pentagon chief criticizes Beijing's South China Sea moves
- Interpol: Islamic State group gains support in Africa, Asia
- Mexico: Shootout in Baja California Sur kills 2 suspects
- Canada gunman praises Allah in unedited pre-shooting video
- THE LATEST: Brazil's Del Nero denies wrongdoing
- Canada to strip citizenship of dual-national terror convicts
- UN nuke agency report shows Iran probe essentially stalled
- Russia: Rocket failure was due to vibrations
- Canada strips citizenship from dual-national terror suspects
- New Nigerian leader vows to take on Boko Haram
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!