CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 teens accused of stealing cars from valet lots arrested
- Gov. Deal announces new program to honor Vietnam veterans
- Partial skeleton found in Hall County
- Officers identified in fatal Smyrna police shooting
- Panel expected to review Ga. religious freedom bill canceled
- Spelman College names new president
- Jurors to resume deliberations in school cheating trial
- As young owls spread wings, online viewing of nest nears end
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Christie backs proposed stricter abortion regulations
- Carter says US policy on Iran-backed forces will hold
- Pentagon chief backs concept of a joint Arab military force
- Theater shooting prosecutors say unbiased jury possible
- SUV crashes into Long Island storefront, killing customer
- Parents of Colorado theater shooter pray for victims daily
- Lawyer: Mumia Abu-Jamal hospitalized for unknown reason
- Church van crashes into canal, killing 8 and injuring 10
- US offer for global climate treaty: 28 percent emissions cut
- Briton pleads guilty in NYC to trying to set up terror camp
- Prosecutors probe Moldova ex-president's son for corruption
- Azerbaijan starts trial of 6 alleged Islamic State militants
- Red Cross truck attacked in Mali; 1 dead, 1 wounded
- Palestinians, Israeli Arabs mark 'Land Day'
- Wartime land mines kill 5 Iranian border guards, shepherd
- Evo Morales' party loses La Paz in Bolivian elections
- Report: Iran journalist defects while covering nuclear talks
- UK judge: Suspect in Litvinenko death can testify at inquiry
- Pakistani, Saudi armies hold joint military exercise
- Guinea shuts border with Sierra Leone in effort to end Ebola
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!