CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Autopsy: Football player's death due to heart disease
- Man charged with raping fiancTe's 12-year-old daughter
- Judge says Georgia's gay marriage ban can't be enforced
- Savannah school deemed safe after Freon scare
- Deputies find body inside apartment after report of gunfire
- Scholars edit, compile works of poet T.S. Eliot
- Richmond County deputy resigns after family violence arrest
- Presidential 'peanut poll' opens at Georgia National Fair
- Gwinnett County instructor accused of sexual assault
- Future films top songs for BET Hip-Hop Awards' pre show
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- ZomBee Watch helps scientists track honeybee killer
- Obama touts immigration reform in speech to Hispanic leaders
- A look at recent payouts in police custody deaths nationwide
- Satellite images show scale of NKorea's anniversary parade
- California to phase out microbeads used in soaps, toothpaste
- With drones in tow, Anderson debuts 'Junun' documentary
- The Latest: Video shows knife fight that injured US airman
- Man who says he killed wife to stop suffering given 15 years
- The Latest: Education firms charged in kickback scheme
- Australia in talks to send refugees to Philippines
- Mexican army head is unhappy with law enforcement role
- Monarch butterflies begin entering Mexico on migration
- The Latest: UN: 'Christian refugees only' policy dangerous
- Associated Press count shows over 1,360 pilgrims killed in Saudi hajj crush, stampede in Mina
- Qatar royal sentenced by Prague court
- The Latest: Slovakia to help police Hungary's borders
- No-fly zone to be enforced over William and Kate's home
- Actor Daniel Craig: I'm over James Bond
- The Latest: Hungary OKs border help from EU, NATO forces
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!