CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-Atlanta principal testifies in cheating trial
- Atlanta bus driver charged in pedestrian's death
- 10 CDC staffers sent to Texas for Ebola probe
- Judge denies challenge to death penalty provision
- In Ga. visit, Romney raises cash for Perdue
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- Man struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Petition seeks charges in crash that killed 7
- Person struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- 17 people displaced by major fire in Atlantic City
- Obama dines with fundraising contest winners
- Infant's body found in California trash facility
- US student rallies support Hong Kong protesters
- Wet, wild monsoon season ends in Southwest
- Consumer group sues over Missouri insurance rates
- Trooper accidentally shot in training exercise
- Texan bids for Nuremberg stenographer's mementos
- Texas woman buys Nuremberg stenographer's mementos
- Ebola worries could keep some Dallas students home
- Mexico feds say cartel boss Beltran-Leyva caught
- Soldiers, drug gang battle in Rio de Janeiro slum
- Guatemala ex-police on trial in 1980 embassy fire
- Canada identifies long lost British explorer ship
- Russia halts student exchange program with US
- France ups military deployment against IS group
- UN says Syria vaccine deaths was an NGO 'mistake'
- Chinese government may be losing patience with protests in Hong Kong
- NATO's new chief says relations with Russia could improve
- US Navy says crew member missing in Persian Gulf
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!