Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Law officers make arrests after Augusta shooting
- NTSB: Police chopper too low, likely causing crash
- FBI seeks suspects in South Georgia bank robbery
- 1st blind hiker to trek Appalachian Trail dies
- Police seek car suspected of Savannah vandalism
- Feds tightening security at Brunswick courthouse
- Savannah police search for driver who damaged park
- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting
- Audra McDonald to perform at 4th symphony gala
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike
- California Gov. Brown makes case for re-election
- More than 360,000 remain without power in NC
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search
- Connecticut could be 1st state to curb loud movies
- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Serbs decry plans to move Tesla's ashes to church
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Arms ship captured by Israeli navy arrives at port
- EU foreign policy chief arrives in Iran for talks
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Suicide bomber uses Iraq police Humvee in attack
- Iran president criticizes hard-liners over media
- Pro-Russia forces mount pressure on Ukrainians
- 2 dozen children die in drought-hit south Pakistan
- Police: Afghan district chief killed by bomb
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!