Today: Sunny to partly sunny and hot with an afternoon high in the lower 90s. An isolated shower over the Blue Ridge Mtns. A southwest wind at 5-10mph.
Tonight: A few clouds and muggy with an overnight low in the low 70s.
Sunday: ... More...
CSL Offers New Term of Language Classes for March
The Chattanooga School of Language (CSL) will spring forward in March with a new six-week term of language and culture classes for adults and kids, beginning March 16.
Beginning level group classes for kids, grades K-5, are available on various days and times during the week. Adult classes are offered in more than ten languages at different levels of proficiency.
CSL operates with an emphasis on flexible schedules, trusted and credible instruction, cultural experiences and small classroom settings. Classes are offered as private, semi-private (2 students) or group (3-10 students) lessons. Teachers are often referred to as “language coaches” and use a variety of teaching tools, including film, music, art and food to create a holistic and comprehensive approach to language learning.
Stevens said that the school attracts people from all walks of life, including kids, adults and young professionals for a variety of motivations. CSL is expanding its reach by offering customized language classes to local organizations and schools, including the Mountain Arts Community Center on Signal Mountain, Lookout Mountain School and the City of Chattanooga.
Times and dates of March’s classes are listed on the school’s website, www.chattanoogalanguage.com. Students can register online or by calling 423.802.2040.CSL Offers New Term of Language Classes for March
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah displays maps tracing city's origins
- Excursions set for Okefenokee, Cumberland Island
- Course offered for commercial license instructors
- Hundreds of demonstrators rally in Atlanta over war in Gaza
- Dueling ethics complaints filed in Ga. gov race
- Judge approves bonds to finance new Braves stadium
- Dozens in Atlanta rally on either side of Gaza war
- Ex-secretary in Douglas Co. DA's office indicted
- Hundreds see James Brown film premiere in Augusta
- Gunman robs Athens sex shop, assaults customer
- Parents of Australian victim visit crash site
- Wildfire burns 2 structures, forces evacuations
- Evacuation order lifted in northern Utah
- Official: Hospital gunman intended to kill others
- Police hunt for 2 who carjacked SUV, killed 3 kids
- No truce, but 12-hour lull in Gaza fighting begins
- California to have 4 governors in 4 days next week
- Arizona's McCain: Execution was torture
- Defense Department employee gets 2 years in prison
- Police still investigating after burglar killed
- French minister calls on protesters to observe ban
- Hungary leader says NGOs serving foreign interests
- Diplomats call for extension of Gaza cease-fire
BEIT HANOUN, Gaza Strip (AP) -- Gaza officials now say at least 985 Palestinians have been killed and more than 6,000 wounded in 19 days of conflict with Israel. Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip have also destroyed hundreds of homes and sent tens of thousands fleeing.
- Planes fly more victims from Ukraine crash site
- 2 critics of Swaziland government sentenced
- Russia: EU sanctions weaken anti-terrorism efforts
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce efforts stall
- War crimes commission takes aim at Islamic State
- Ukrainian president: Confidence vote Thursday
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!