Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former Fulton prosecutor convicted on drug charges
- Ala man going on trial in ramming death of Ga woman
- Kennesaw State professor chosen to lead film training effort
- State officials change policy on ropes courses inspections
- Man missing in Chattahoochee is found safe after search
- Sheriff's office asks drug dealers to turn in their rivals
- Crews use boats, chopper in river search for missing man
- 2 men sentenced in pill-ring investigation
- Georgia only SEC member among top 10 party school list
- Ga education agency seeks members for student advisory panel
- 2nd Ivory Coast Special Olympics athlete goes missing
- Comedian Louis CK shadows NY mayor on municipal business
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Attorney: FBI accused San Francisco mayor of taking bribes
- 2 airmen killed during parachute training in Florida
- Ivory Coast convicts ex-leader's top security officers
- The Latest: Theater shooting victim's mom: 'I cry every day'
- A grayer Obama celebrates 54th birthday with family, friends
- Music festival deaths prompt LA County to consider a ban
- Persecution of Christians spurs charity in lieu of asylum
- Mexico prosecutor: Video has suspects in journalist killing
- Argentine authorities lure whale from Buenos Aires marina
- Guatemala court orders competency evaluation for ex-dictator
- Sudan's president, facing charges, scheduled to speak at UN
- 15 police offers dead in Colombia helicopter crash
- Amnesty International accuses Sudanese forces of war crimes
- Attackers from Nigeria kill 9, kidnap dozens from Cameroon
- Israel begins crackdown on extremists
- Russian man wanted in the deaths of his 6 children
- Human rights group: 2,000 migrants dead at sea this year
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!