EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia's transportation, overall tax collections climb
- Woman shot by driver in confrontation on Georgia highway
- Columbus police officer dies from mountain climbing accident
- Woman shot by driver in DeKalb County road rage incident
- 4 shot at Decatur apartment complex; baby critically injured
- Delta evacuates plane in Jamaica after faulty report of fire
- Ga man sentenced to 8 years in death of infant son
- Student arrested in alleged shooting threat at Ga college
- Confederate flag backers indicted in Ga confrontation
- Police: Bicyclist dies after collision with school bus
- All of Interstate 95 now open after South Carolina flooding
- Union: Chronic shortage of air traffic controllers a crisis
- Ex-head of Chicago schools pleads guilty in kickbacks scheme
- Cops: Man led police on 115 mph chase before fatal crash
- Prisoner who fled from hospital arrested with handcuff key
- Justices hear arguments over life sentences for teenagers
- New Jersey boy, 3, reported missing is found dead near home
- State wants to prosecute Charleston church shooting first
- Prominent Honduran indicted in US drug case going to NY
- Scotch whisky born at Washington's Mount Vernon unveiled
- The Latest: Czech watchdog condemns asylum conditions
- The Latest: Dutch prosecutors: Tough finding MH-17 witnesses
- Panda gives birth to 2 cubs at Toronto Zoo
- Britain scraps $9 million prison deal with Saudi Arabia
- Rescuers find passenger alive after Indonesia chopper crash
- Pakistan executes 9, including 4 brothers
- Taliban withdraw from northern Afghan city
- The Latest: Norway prepared to take a share of refugees
- Turkey bans rally by activists mourning colleagues
- China says Russia, US must avoid fighting proxy war in Syria
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!