Tonight: Clear and cool with an overnight low in the mid 50s.
Wednesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
Beautiful ... More...
EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fox Theatre thanks Atlanta for saving it
- Burning smell prompts evacuations at hospital
- Part of hospital evacuated as crews battle fire
- Plane, 2 men still missing after weeklong search
- Man found stabbed to death in south Fulton County
- Symphony postpones concerts amid labor dispute
- Coast Guard and Navy to conduct exercise off Ga.
- UGA to unveil portrait of former president Adams
- Suspect in Atlanta-area shooting arrested in Miami
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Minuteman 3 test missile launches from California
- Filmmaker: Ambush suspect was in my documentary
- Pentagon says Khorasan group was nearing attack
- Ohio college student killed by falling tree
- Pentagon: Strikes on Islamic militants to continue
- Countries, companies pledge to end deforestation
- Woman bound with duct tape found in car's trunk
- Fire destroys Michael Brown memorial in Ferguson
- Fire destroys Michael Brown memorial in Missouri
- Arkansas cowers under Senate advertising barrage
- Azerbaijan nabs 26 alleged militants
- World trade body cuts forecasts
- UN to leaders: Set 'new course' on climate change
- President: "foreign plot" behind Shiites' advances
- Assad backs efforts to fight terrorism
- Eds: Updates with details. With AP Photos.
- Jeep veers off mountain road in Nepal; 11 dead
- Australian counterterror officer shoots man dead
- Albania destroys marijuana worth $8.2 billion
- PKK leader: Kurds should mobilize against IS
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!