EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bobby Brown's sister vows family feud is just beginning
- William S. Morris IV named CEO of Morris Communications Co.
- Confederate flag support rally held at Stone Mountain Park
- The Latest: Memorial service for Bobbi Kristina Brown ends
- The Latest: Controversy erupts at service for Bobbi Kristina
- Standing desks starting to catch on at Robins Air Force Base
- The Latest: Mourners arrive for funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins jackpot worth $222,949.83
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $1.8 million
- The Nation's Weather
- Photos of endangered animals shine on Empire State Building
- Woman gets probation in boyfriend's death by neglect
- Dr. Dre announces release of first album in 15 years
- NYC health official expects more Legionnaires' disease cases
- Verizon strike possible as contract deadline looms
- Q&A on possible extradition for dentist who killed lion
- Firefighter killed, hundreds flee as California blazes burn
- Officials: 4th NYC person with Legionnaires' disease dies
- Obama gets early start on 54th birthday celebration
- Afghan Taliban issues statement quoting Haqqani group leader
- 2 soldiers dead, 24 wounded in suicide attack in Turkey
- China to close Beijing's airports during military parade
- Mexico news photographer found slain in capital
- US presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley visits Puerto Rico
- Peru government reports Shining Path captives rescued
- Researcher in Zimbabwe doubts report of 2nd lion killing
- Kerry in Cairo for Egypt security talks
- 1,300 march in Berlin in support of 2 journalists
- Doctors in South Africa assess infection of Desmond Tutu
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!