Tonight: Clear skies with a low in the low/mid 40s. 30s possible north and mountains. North wind 5-10.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, breezy and a little cooler with a high in the mid 60s. Wind from the North 10-15 mph.
Wednesday ... More...
EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Body of eastern Georgia teen found in wooded area
- Furniture retailer building west Georgia facility
- More than 206,600 early ballots cast in Georgia
- Correction: Couple Slain-Death Penalty story
- Judge declares mistrial in Burrell Ellis case
- Ga. Ebola response team to meet at state Capitol
- South Ga. man sentenced on child porn charges
- Prosecutors meet to discuss gun violence
- 2 arrested in fatal Coweta County shooting
- NTSB: Pilot errors, lack of sleep led to crash
- Ebola victim's sister says hospital denied request
- Coach of football team charged in hazing suspended
- Pakistani Nobel laureate honored in Philadelphia
- Elusive bobcat again escapes from New Jersey home
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
- Church official pleads guilty in looting case
- Colorado newspaper removed for campaign photo
- Hospital: American video journalist free of Ebola
- Backpage.com ask high court to throw out lawsuit
- US says head of Gulf Cartel in custody
- Australian officials deny elite troop shortage
- US agrees to put Marine to Philippine detention
- UN: Assault on Yazidis may be genocide attempt
- Mexican rights agency says army executed 15 of 22
- Australian runaway teenager reportedly in IS video
- Congo doctor Mukwege wins EU human rights prize
- Ancient Greek well yields rare wooden statue
- Submarine hunt exposes Swedish readiness gap
- IAPA: press freedom deteriorating in the Americas
- Police find dead infants in Winnipeg locker
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!