Today: Sunny with below average temperatures for mid April. An afternoon high from the around 63 degrees. ESE wind at 10-15 mph.
Tonight: A clear sky and still chilly. But, most areas locally should be above freezing. An overnight ... More...
EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man sentenced to hard labor for indecent exposure
- Heavy rain leads to sewage problems in Valdosta
- Thieves steal House clerk's car outside Capitol
- Public memorial for Herb Emory set for Saturday
- Labor officials form Georgia safety partnership
- US energy secretary to tour Georgia Tech
- Live fire exercise scheduled at Fort Knox
- US transportation secretary to visit Atlanta
- Delta evacuates jet in Atlanta due to cabin smoke
- Smoke reported in plane's cabin at Atlanta airport
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans
- Jill Biden promotes Post-9/11 GI Bill website
- Obama, Biden to announce $600M for job grants
- Marathon suspect seeks dismissal of some charges
- At Boston Marathon, a chance to finally finish
- Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- Obama seeks inmates worthy of commutation power
- A year after background check defeat, modest goals
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- End of NYPD Muslim surveillance program applauded
- Army: Jordan air force strikes cars near Syria
- Parliament to elect Lebanon president on April 23
- UK lawmakers slam lax security in Taliban attack
- Gunmen kill 9 on bus in Ethiopia near dam project
- South Korea says nearly 300 missing in ferry disaster
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes kill 4 in rebel town
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse riot
- Russian FM: Russia still to meet with Ukraine
- Official: Iran will not discuss missile program
- Royal couple arrive in Sydney for Down Under tour
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!