Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Feds tightening security at Brunswick courthouse
- Savannah police search for driver who damaged park
- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting
- Audra McDonald to perform at 4th symphony gala
- Audra McDonald performs at 4th symphony gala
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races
- Candidate fields set for GA May primary elections
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal
- Daylight saving time: Move clocks ahead 1 hour
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Army won't disclose punishment of soldier
- Sheriff: Snowmobiler dies in avalanche in Utah
- Child sex abuse suspect dies at Boston hospital
- Head of white supremacist gang admits guilt
- Obama, Germany's Merkel discuss Ukraine
- LA police officer killed in crash identified
- Border Patrol releases use-of-force guidelines
- Suicide bomber uses Iraq police Humvee in attack
- Iran president criticizes hard-liners over media
- Pro-Russia forces mount pressure on Ukrainians
- 2 dozen children die in drought-hit south Pakistan
- Police: Afghan district chief killed by bomb
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Letter bombs found at N Ireland post offices
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!