EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- Police seek emails from DeKalb CEO in fraud investigation
- Medical examiner: Man shot himself in police confrontation
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school
- AM Prep-Kickers
- On Arctic voyage, Obama banks on power of his celebrity
- Iran deal will survive in Congress despite GOP opposition
- AM Prep-Cooler Copy
- AM Prep-Cyber Corner
- AM Prep-Segue
- AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- Specially trained dogs help out farmers with disabilities
- Judge may set murder trial in San Francisco pier shooting
- 3 to be sentenced for rock throwing that injured teacher
- Afghanistan hosts regional economic forum
- UN rights chief alleges French soldier sexually abused girl
- Turkish embassy skeptical Bangkok bomb suspects are Turks
- Tamil leader becomes opposition leader in Parliament
- Seoul prosecutors seek 15-year term for US envoy attacker
- China pledges to cut 300,000 troops from its massive army
- China marks Japan WWII defeat, shows rising power in parade
- Mexico Senate ratifies academic as next ambassador to US
- Lost Australian sheep yields 42 kilos (93 pounds) of fleece
- UNICEF: 40 percent school dropouts in Mideast conflict areas
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!