Free Workshop on College Financial Aid
PEF & partners will host a free college financial aid workshop titled "College Goal Tennessee 2014" on Saturday, January 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the UTC University Center at 615 McCallie Avenue. High school students, parents and educators are invited to learn how students can succeed in college and how to apply for financial aid. There will be volunteers on site to help fill out FAFSA forms (Free Application for Student Aid) - the federal financial aid form that students/parents are required to file for students to be eligible to receive any state or federal aid.
A free lunch will be provided, so participants must register at http://youngandwiser.org.
This free workshop is sponsored by PEF, UTC, Young & Wiser, Inc., College Goal Tennessee & SACAC (Southern Association for College Admission Counseling)
For more information, contact PEF VP of College & Career Success Stacy Lightfoot at email@example.com or 423-648-4443.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New president chosen for Southeastern Technical College
- Georgia releases first results of new standardized test
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- Authorities say man's body found after fire at Canton home
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- The Latest: Most deputy clerks agree to marriage licenses
- More North Carolina officials refuse to perform marriages
- PM Prep-Segue
- Booker, Warner, Heitkamp to support Iran nuclear deal
- Officer charged in fatal shooting in a Wal-Mart parking lot
- Grand jury to examine wounding of man by Mississippi deputy
- Ethics panel investigating Rep. Honda
- The Latest: Police to examine video in cop shooting probe
- Pastor: Mass baptism on school football field was voluntary
- 3 charged with impeding probe of sisters' murder get lawyers
- Pope pops out of Vatican, stop to get new glasses
- American students attacked with firebomb in West Bank
- Nigerian army reinstates more than 3,000 soldiers fired
- Official: 9,500 Nigerian refugees return from Cameroon
- UN to vote on lifting some secrecy around choosing top job
- Lebanon activists stage hunger strike, want minister to quit
- Uganda: 12 soldiers killed in Somalia attack
- Egypt sentences 2 women to 6 months for racy music videos
- Boat overturns on Mali lake, killing at least 18 people
- Iran Parliament speaker expects heated debate on nuke deal
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!