Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny with an afternoon high in the low/mid 80s. Southeast wind at 5-10mph.
Saturday Night: A fair to partly cloudy sky and comfortable ... More...
Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary
The Hamilton County School Board unanimously approved a plan Thursday evening to build a new East Brainerd Elementary School.
The Board approved a $23 million plan that must still go before the county commission.
TWH Architects were chosen as the builders. A representative for the company said they would hope to break ground in early February. The company's bid was 10 percent lower than others.
Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary Thursday, December 19 2013, 06:18 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police say UGA student arrested for threat
- Travelers asked to avoid ambush suspect hunt area
- Warning lifted after threat at UGA campus
- Building on UGA campus evacuated after threat
- Univ. of Georgia on pace for record enrollment
- Police investigate shooting death of Augusta man
- Residents asked to help search for missing plane
- Autopsy set for Friday in fatal shooting by police
- Large Ga. school system to change attendance zones
- Judge sides with Fulton County in tax hike dispute
- Keyshia Cole arrested on suspicion of battery
- Driver of stolen van that hit dog gets prison time
- US, Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft
- After 2 weeks, search still on for 2 Maryland kids
- Prosecutor: Charges weren't ready in casino crash
- Suspect in 1998 bombings pleads to lesser charges
- DNC raises $7M in August, has $11M banked
- Tech entrepreneur seeks license plate scan data
- Ex-diner manager gets 8 years for murder plot
- Police appeal to public in search for Va. student
- Buffer zone agreed on in Ukrainian peace talks
- Voters go to the polls in New Zealand election
- Ex-Salvador leader sent to prison to await trial
- France joins US against Islamic State over Iraq
- Pre-Hispanic codex returns to Mexico from London
- Virus toll nears 500,000 in Dominican Republic
- Lawyer: EU court agrees to hear Berlusconi appeal
- Paraguay: 3 guerrillas die in clash with troops
- 2 Iranians arrested in Kenya with forged passports
- Pro-independence Scots saddened by vote outcome
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!