Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary
The Hamilton County School Board unanimously approved a plan Thursday evening to build a new East Brainerd Elementary School.
The Board approved a $23 million plan that must still go before the county commission.
TWH Architects were chosen as the builders. A representative for the company said they would hope to break ground in early February. The company's bid was 10 percent lower than others.
Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary Thursday, December 19 2013, 06:18 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Flash flood warnings issued in north Georgia
- Feds to retain oversight of Ga. behavioral health system
- Zoo Atlanta acquires bald eagle from Auburn Raptor Center
- Second teen charged in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Effort to remove GA prosecutor from jail death case blocked
- No injuries reported in Savannah truck explosion
- Man shot to death in southwest Atlanta nightclub identified
- 2 charged in slaying of Fayetteville restaurant manager
- Arrest made in 2013 shooting of south Georgia mayor
- Major leaves Fort Benning for new assignment at Fort Stewart
- Estate of 'Untouchables' Ness in legal fight over old stock
- Alligator kills 28-year-old Texas man during late-night swim
- Official sued in landmark marriage case reads at gay wedding
- Police identify motel intruder shot by ex-CNN reporter
- Marathon bomber's friend drops appeal on obstruction charges
- Man killed in Texas alligator attack during late-night swim
- Woman shot to death at busy San Francisco tourist attraction
- US airline probe would need proof beyond business as usual
- Police say armed man at NC mall is soldier
- Ex-funeral director indicted on additional charges
- Court rejects bid by victims' kin to clear Lockerbie bomber
- UN rights body backs call for accountability in Gaza war
- Slovak agency: Russian spies increase activities in EU, NATO
- China says 6 killed, thousands of buildings collapse in mag-6.5 quake in far western region
- Ugandan bill targeting civic groups raises alarm
- S Africa: Opposition files charges against deputy president
- The Hague hit by riots after death of man in police custody
- Dutch back UN tribunal for Malaysia Airlines crash
- Spain to ask Venezuela to extradite wanted ETA member
- Bangladesh police questioning 12 al-Qaida suspects
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!