Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith says the first day enrollment for Hamilton County Schools increased by 890 students compared to the first day in 2011.
That represents a 2.25 percent increase.
The largest increase is in elementary which the superintendent said was expected due to the impact of business and industry coming to Hamilton County.
CLICK HERE for a detailed enrollment report.Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Death of middle Georgia girl ruled homicide
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Suspected Jacksonville bus shooter arrested in Georgia
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta
- Prosecutor to seek indictment in jail death of Savannah man
- Macon woman's index finger bitten off during fight
- Arrest made in 2012 slaying of Augusta security guard
- Atlanta man dies after being shot in leg during argument
- Congress passes 2-month highway, transit aid extension
- Hundreds mourn NYC college dean killed in Amtrak crash
- Naked Florida man rescued after getting stuck on drawbridge
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Biker group gets proclamation
- Man released from Guantanamo in December dies in Kazakhstan
- Oil shouldn't spoil vacations for California beach tourists
- Man convicted of killing ex-wife whose 911 call was bungled
- Strangulation of child with blinds cord ruled a homicide
- Navy says pilot safely ejected when plane went off runway
- Attorneys: Probe faults truck driver in fatal bus collision
- Islamic State group radio claims Saudi mosque suicide attack
- Roadside bomb kills 2, including Afghan district chief
- Japan pledges climate change aid to Pacific island nations
- China contributing experts, troops to disaster relief drills
- AP Interview: Steinem says isolating N. Korea not working
- China says 2 schoolchildren die amid heavy flooding
- Colombian paramilitary warlord wanted in US freed from jail
- 2 dead in grenade explosion in Burundi market
- Mexico officials: Bacterial infections sickened children
- US rejects nuclear disarmament document over Israel concerns
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!