Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith says the first day enrollment for Hamilton County Schools increased by 890 students compared to the first day in 2011.
That represents a 2.25 percent increase.
The largest increase is in elementary which the superintendent said was expected due to the impact of business and industry coming to Hamilton County.
CLICK HERE for a detailed enrollment report.Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- More than 22,000 had lost power, mostly in NE Georgia
- Georgia man dies in weather-related accident in NC
- GBI investigating shooting incident involving MARTA officer
- Cancer patients complete 5K race inside hospital due to rain
- The Latest: Power restored in rain-soaked New Jersey
- 3 former jail workers to stand trial in death of Georgia man
- Georgia native among 6 service members killed in Afghanistan
- Trooper fired for driving fast in crash that killed 2 teens
- Georgia man among 6 airmen killed in Afghanistan
- DA: Officer charged for fatally striking pedestrian with car
- The Latest: 'Concentrated' search-rescue operations Monday
- The Latest: South Carolina capital, more water main breaks
- Fan collapses during Chiefs-Bengals game, pronounced dead
- Pastor's sermon: "Violence will not have the last word
- Man arrested in freeway shooting in Phoenix suburb
- California governor signs bill closing ivory sales loophole
- The Latest: Motorist dies in South Carolina floodwaters
- University of Connecticut serving up crickets at food truck
- IAPA reports 11 journalists killed in Americas since March
- Authorities: Surfer, 14, bitten by shark in Florida waters
- Canadian university head proposed rocket spaceflight in 1861
- Pentagon chief: Afghan situation `confused and complicated'
- Belarusian protesters decry planned Russian air base
- Fighting rages on Yemen's Red Sea coast
- Erdogan: Turkey taught world a 'lesson in humanity'
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after airstrike
- The Latest: Search resumes for ship missing off the Bahamas
- Suicide bomber in Niger attacks near police station
- Bermuda next up to feel the effects of Hurricane Joaquin
- The Latest: Israeli-Palestinian tensions soar after attacks
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!