Hamilton County PTA Award Winners
The Hamilton County Council of PTAs (HCC of PTAs) hosted its annual Principals and PTA Awards Dinner Tuesday night. The organization handed out 11 awards to different Hamilton County public schools and educators, including:
-- Hamilton County PTA Elementary School Principal of the Year - Dr. Shane Harwood, Nolan Elementary (pictured left)
-- Hamilton County PTA Middle School Principal of the Year - Sandra Barnwell - Hixson Middle School (pictured, print jacket)
-- Hamilton County PTA High School Principal of the Year - Dr. Tom McCullough - Signal Mountain Middle High School (pictured, red tie)
-- Hamilton County Elementary School PTA of the Year - Westview Elementary - PTA President Ashlie Henderson
-- Hamilton County Middle School PTA of the Year -Hixson Middle School - PTA President Leigh Ann Goebel (pictured, green jacket)
-- Hamilton County High School PTA of the Year - Signal Mountain Middle High School - PTA Co-Presidents Jill Steelman & Sally Boals
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a magnet school - CSAS
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a non-magnet school - Wallace A. Smith Elementary
-- Largest PTA membership according to enrollment - Signal Mountain Middle High School
-- Largest PTA percentage membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Largest PTA numerical membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Friend of PTA award - Samevelyn Rock - Teacher & Former Hamilton County Education Association PresidentHamilton County PTA Award Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Emory, CDC team up to train hospitals in Ebola treatment
- GBI investigates shooting of man by Sandy Springs police
- Beverly Hall lawyers say she's still too sick to stand trial
- Gwinnett man gets 5 years for stealing insurance premiums
- Cobb County jury convicts man for helping girlfriend steal
- Judges appointed in Northern, Waycross and Coweta circuits
- Gingrey appointed to Georgia World Congress Center board
- Kennesaw State offers free tuberculosis testing
- Employee charged with stealing gifts during Macon weddings
- Police: Atlanta area man shot dead trying to rob dog breeder
- After historic balloon journey, crew plans landing Saturday
- NYC to pay $5M to kin of man killed in 'Mafia cops' case
- San Francisco police detain man in human remains case
- Bill Cosby's show in Ohio draws a few protesters
- Prison for NYC duo accused of abusing partly paralyzed woman
- Air Force instructor gets 20 years in prison for rapes
- City will pay $3.9M in 2012 NY police shooting of Bronx teen
- Finished: Pit to access broken Seattle tunneling machine
- Motorcycle crash victim meets donors whose blood saved him
- Venezuela uses detained reporter in tourism promo
- Iraqi libraries ransacked by Islamic State group in Mosul
- Officials say bombings kill 9 people around Iraq's capital
- German World War II panzer ace Otto Carius dies at 92
- Test of gun finds only DNA of deceased Argentine prosecutor
- Venezuela allows security forces to use firearms in protests
- Thousands protest right-wingers at Vienna ball, 38 detained
- Kurd allies fighting IS in north Iraq hampered by rivalries
- 5 may face preliminary charges over jihadi network in France
- Venezuela confirms it downed plane near Aruba
- Ukraine to ask UN states to call Russia a terrorism sponsor
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!