Today: Rain ending and clearing skies. An afternoon high in the upper 50s to near 60.
Tonight: A fair sky and seasonably cold with a low in the mid/upper 30s.
Saturday: Sunny early, then a mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon ... More...
Hamilton County PTA Award Winners
The Hamilton County Council of PTAs (HCC of PTAs) hosted its annual Principals and PTA Awards Dinner Tuesday night. The organization handed out 11 awards to different Hamilton County public schools and educators, including:
-- Hamilton County PTA Elementary School Principal of the Year - Dr. Shane Harwood, Nolan Elementary (pictured left)
-- Hamilton County PTA Middle School Principal of the Year - Sandra Barnwell - Hixson Middle School (pictured, print jacket)
-- Hamilton County PTA High School Principal of the Year - Dr. Tom McCullough - Signal Mountain Middle High School (pictured, red tie)
-- Hamilton County Elementary School PTA of the Year - Westview Elementary - PTA President Ashlie Henderson
-- Hamilton County Middle School PTA of the Year -Hixson Middle School - PTA President Leigh Ann Goebel (pictured, green jacket)
-- Hamilton County High School PTA of the Year - Signal Mountain Middle High School - PTA Co-Presidents Jill Steelman & Sally Boals
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a magnet school - CSAS
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a non-magnet school - Wallace A. Smith Elementary
-- Largest PTA membership according to enrollment - Signal Mountain Middle High School
-- Largest PTA percentage membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Largest PTA numerical membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Friend of PTA award - Samevelyn Rock - Teacher & Former Hamilton County Education Association PresidentHamilton County PTA Award Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Taxis, limos upset over rules for tech competition
- Federal storm aid being offered to 39 GA counties
- Gay hiring fears hurt Baptist agency fundraising
- Ga. members of Congress sign letter on harbor snub
- Porsche's hybrid sports car arrives via Ga. port
- Mayors to discuss issues facing big US cities
- Ga. revenues in February total nearly $838 million
- Study shows Ga. pre-K improves school readiness
- Georgia Senate backs $42B budget plan
- TVA completes retaining wall around coal ash
- A snapshot of US job market on eve of Feb. data
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Putin
- Kansas high court to rule in school funding suit
- Experts: Case of burned Texas boy problematic
- Obama, Japanese PM discuss Ukraine in phone call
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Judge dismisses FAA fine against small drone user
- Obama tells Putin Russia's moves are violation
- Obama vacation plan in doubt because of Ukraine
- Massachusetts OKs bill outlawing 'upskirt' photos
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube
- Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from new virus
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid
- 2 people shot, wounded near Thai protest site
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack
- Malaysia bans Ultraman book over use of Allah
- Power says Crimea referendum risks escalation
- A Gadhafi son is extradited to Libya
- Defrocked Puerto Rico priest charged
- In Crimea, old fears combine with new propaganda
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!