Saturday: Cloudy and drier through the afternoon. An afternoon high in the upper 40s to lower 50s.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and seasonably cold with a low in the low/mid 30s.
Sunday: A mix of clouds and sun, then cloudy through the ... More...
Hamilton County PTA Award Winners
The Hamilton County Council of PTAs (HCC of PTAs) hosted its annual Principals and PTA Awards Dinner Tuesday night. The organization handed out 11 awards to different Hamilton County public schools and educators, including:
-- Hamilton County PTA Elementary School Principal of the Year - Dr. Shane Harwood, Nolan Elementary (pictured left)
-- Hamilton County PTA Middle School Principal of the Year - Sandra Barnwell - Hixson Middle School (pictured, print jacket)
-- Hamilton County PTA High School Principal of the Year - Dr. Tom McCullough - Signal Mountain Middle High School (pictured, red tie)
-- Hamilton County Elementary School PTA of the Year - Westview Elementary - PTA President Ashlie Henderson
-- Hamilton County Middle School PTA of the Year -Hixson Middle School - PTA President Leigh Ann Goebel (pictured, green jacket)
-- Hamilton County High School PTA of the Year - Signal Mountain Middle High School - PTA Co-Presidents Jill Steelman & Sally Boals
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a magnet school - CSAS
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a non-magnet school - Wallace A. Smith Elementary
-- Largest PTA membership according to enrollment - Signal Mountain Middle High School
-- Largest PTA percentage membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Largest PTA numerical membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Friend of PTA award - Samevelyn Rock - Teacher & Former Hamilton County Education Association PresidentHamilton County PTA Award Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 bodies found in northwest Atlanta house
- Name stories: Tum Tum, God's Wonder, Shady Eden
- No struggling Ga. hospitals create stand-alone ERs
- TVA backs off controversial tree-cutting policy
- UGA vet school to host shelter medicine conference
- Hearings delayed in officials' suits against Columbus
- Savannah city employees donate 25,204 cans of food
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Congress finishes up, its members still grumbling
- Immigrants build document trails to remain in US
- Obama's Cuba moves reflect Florida political shift
- Megabus crashes on I-65 in southern Indiana
- Air Force admits nuke flaws, but will fixes work?
- Federal court finds protesters in contempt for ignoring order to halt anti-whaling campaign
- Obama touches down in Hawaii for annual vacation
- San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- Cubans imprisoned in US appear before parliament
- Kidnapped Mozambican businessman released
- Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- Extremists in Nigeria lining up elderly and shooting them
- Bahrain 'terror blast' wounds 3 police
- Russia dismisses new US sanctions as useless
- Liberia holds Senate vote amid Ebola fears
- Pakistan officials: US drone strike in northwestern tribal area kills 5 militants
- Bombings kill 10 in Iraq
- 2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!