Monday: Isolated showers ending early then partly cloudy and warmer with highs in the 60s.
Gradually cooler Tuesday and Wednesday with highs ... More...
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tornado warning issued in central Georgia
- Boy dies after being hit by car in Alabama
- 12-year-old boy fatally shot in Savannah
- Forecasters warn of heavy rain, damaging wind in Georgia
- State details project list of affordable housing
- Atlanta's Fernbank Museum set to expand
- EPA proposes plan to clean contaminated Ga. marshland
- GA lawmaker wants schools to go digital by 2020
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- Veteran journalist, educator Michael Shanahan dies
- Joey Chestnut devours turkey to win eating contest
- DA to dismiss ticket in wreck that killed family
- San Jose police arrest man after airport chase
- Admiral denies role in counterfeiting casino chips
- Rhodes scholars for class of 2015 announced
- Evacuation plans readied as Buffalo flooding looms
- Governor says evacuation, shelter plans being made in case of flooding
- Thruway fully open after western NY snow cleared
- Crew blasts off for International Space Station
- Burkina Faso military gets key posts in Cabinet
- Tunisia polls give ex-regime figure the edge
- Evacuations in Cape Verde after volcano erupts
- Muslim clerics meet in Iran to counter extremists
- Iran releases British-Iranian woman on bail
- Tunisians hold landmark presidential election
- Nigeria: Dozens dead in suspected extremist attack
- Egypt willing to send troops to future Palestine
- Kenya's deputy president condemns extremist attack
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!