Thursday Night: Clearing and much colder with a low near 25.
Dry ... More...
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Park continues with Snow Mountain, Christmas event
- US adult smoking rate dips just under 18 percent
- Dispute between Ga youth coaches ends in stabbing
- Budget could force Coast Guard changes at Eufaula
- Crews repair damage after Atlanta protests
- GA roads, airport to see 1.3 million travelers
- Man sent to prison for killing woman, wounding man
- Savannah police task force makes dozens of arrests
- Child protective services teams to work overtime
- 21 arrested during Ferguson protests in Atlanta
- Liver transplant recipient marks 25th anniversary
- Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies
- No. 21 West Virginia beats VMI 103-72
- Autopsy suggests beheading victim fought back
- 4 people shot at Pennsylvania mall barbershop
- Homeless man beaten to death in San Francisco
- Police identify man found after Ferguson car fire
- Affidavit: Minn. man kept Syria travel plot secret
- Researchers discover 'pre-cancers' in blood
- Boy's family: Cleveland officers reacted quickly
- Israel says it busted Hamas cell planning attacks
- Spanish premier: Corruption is exception, not rule
- Syrian troops kill 30 rebels near Damascus
- Afghan attack targets British embassy car, 5 dead
- Pro-Western Ukraine parliament holds first session
- Malaysia leader nixes pledge to scrap sedition law
- N. Korean leader's sister named as senior official
- China hit by second deadly mine blast in 2 days
- S. Korea starts trial for Japanese journalist
- Group reports uptick in Haiti cholera patients
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!