Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA wildlife refuge managers move nuisance gators
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- SC mom's arrest sparks child care debate
- UGA Pharmacy students plan tobacco cessation class
- Ports Authority reaches 3 million container mark
- Atlanta federal building reopens
- Man drowns at Lake Allatoona northwest of Atlanta
- Small plane crash on Fla. beach; 2 on ground hit
- 3 wounded by gunfire in Savannah shooting
- Pilot killed in NE Georgia plane crash identified
- Suspect dead, marshals and cop wounded in NYC
- NY mayor: Brooklyn Bridge security breach a worry
- Friend: McBride slurring during phone call
- Boehner urges US solidarity with Israel
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- Jury selected in Wisconsin kidnapping case
- Fire chief: 1 dead, 3 hurt in fish plant explosion
- Beijing, Chicago architects to design Lucas Museum
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Sea star disease strikes Washington marine centers
- Bolivian president seeks votes in the bedroom
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Syrian army casualties surge, raising death toll
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime
- Poland, Britain call for more sanctions on Russia
- Observers, investigators kept away by fighting
- Papal first: Francis visits Pentecostal church
- Rebels: C. African Republic ceasefire 'broken'
- New Spain king moves to clean up palace's image
- UN Security Council calls for Gaza cease-fire
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!