Tonight: Remaining cloudy this eventing with sprinkles and light rain showers slowly coming to an end. Overnight, expect decreasing clouds as lows drop to around 52. East winds at 5-10mph, becoming light.
Easter Sunday: Sunny, and BEAUTIFUL from sunrise service to ... More...
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- Search launched for dean of UGA Graduate School
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental
- Woman says beau stole her dog, TV on 1st date
- California man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
- 4 dead, 2 hospitalized after car hits taxi near Houston
- Texas search group, FAA, at odds over drone use
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Golden eagle found dead in Wyoming ties for second-oldest
- NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
- Attacks kill 16 across Iraq
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- Colombia hopes to share Garcia Marquez remains
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
- Confirmed death toll climbs to 33; about 270 missing
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa; three still missing
- Man arrested over murder of ex-IRA leader
- Al-Qaida chief blesses attacks on Egypt security
- Iran general urges Tehran to make new UN pick
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!