Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Chatham County sheriff hires consultants after jail death
- Navy sub sailor pleads guilty to videotaping female officers
- Armed robbers invade Buckhead home, threaten family
- $2M for beating death of girl, 5, by former soldier father
- Fire destroys Mexican restaurant in Marietta
- Forecasters tracking severe thunderstorms in Georgia
- High court to consider appeal over exclusion of black jurors
- Severe thunderstorms possible as rain moves into Georgia
- Cellphone thieves targeting college students in Atlanta
- Person of interest in Macon woman's death found dead
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Eds: Trims information on number of missing. With BC-US--Severe Weather and BC-US--Severe Weather-The Latest. With AP Photos.
- By the numbers: Severe weather in Texas, Oklahoma, Mexico
- Judge orders State to release more Clinton emails in June
- FBI agent wounded while searching for 9-year-old girl
- Agent who shot into Mexico, killed teen wants case dismissed
- Penn State frat linked to nude photos sidelined for 3 years
- 1 of 2 girls charged in Slender Man case called model inmate
- The Latest: Victim recounts being shot in adjacent theater
- 911 tapes released about NFL defensive end Ray McDonald
- 4 militants killed in attack on guesthouse in upscale neighborhood of Afghan capital
- China coal production falls in first 4 months of year
- Police catch 175 looters in China's biggest artifact find
- Militants lay siege to guesthouse in Afghanistan's capital
- Envoys from S. Korea, US and Japan discuss N. Korean threat
- Australia warns children of foreign fighters risk charges
- Puerto Rico lawmakers give final nod to sales tax increase
- Heavy gunfire, explosions are heard in an upscale neighborhood in Afghanistan's capital, Kabul
- Irish government agrees to sell its Aer Lingus stake to IAG
- Mexican rights agency condemns violence, probes shootout
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!