Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- Public input sought on plan for Fort Yargo State Park
- Atlanta streetcar to continue offering free rides
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list
- Ga. officials beginning water safety campaign
- Fireworks bill resurrected, passes Georgia Senate
- Some key facts about Georgia lawmakers' budget plan
- Blaze that killed firefighter in porch collapse was accident
- Court papers: Student drank 60-ounce vodka bottle in hazing
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Man who sued Aaron Hernandez due to testify in murder trial
- New Jersey school cancels Common as commencement speaker
- Ads featuring Hitler, Arab leader to appear on Philly buses
- Former FBI agent pleads guilty in drug tampering case
- Police: Fight over $500 lottery win led to murder-suicide
- 2 NYC Jewish cultural institutions to form partnership
- Obama congratulates President-elect Buhari of Nigeria
- Questions continue about reported cell phone video
- Nemtsov suspects tells court he was pressured to confess
- Ex-husband of Canadian diplomat says their son killed in US
- Moldova president won't go to Moscow for WWII event
- Jordan closes border with Syria amid heavy clashes
- Italy, Vatican make financial pact, as Holy See cleans house
- Morocco: Militant cell recruiting IS fighters is dismantled
- Nigerian civic groups suggest rigging in election
- Francis recalls John Paul II's suffering decade after death
- Ukraine refuses to extradite Georgia's ex-president
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!