Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-APS official says district ordered documents destroyed
- 2 loaded guns, 2 inert grenades recovered at Atlanta airport
- Alabama gay couple wants court victory to take effect
- Suit says DeKalb court practices unjustly target the poor
- Black breast-feeding gatherings battle troubling health gaps
- Ga. Senate passes bill requiring coverage for autism therapy
- Work begins to raise Confederate warship from Savannah River
- MLK children working to settle dispute over Bible, prize
- Tuscaloosa VA director moving to Augusta VA hospital
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- What red ink? As deficits dip, all sides seek more spending
- Media ask judge to unseal warrants in family's deaths
- Federal prosecutors drop 2 dozen stash house sting charges
- NASA moisture satellite launch scrubbed due to winds
- 35 years after boy Etan Patz vanished, murder trial to open
- Lawyer says Suge Knight was behind wheel in deadly crash
- Most of Hawaii's coral recover from mass bleaching
- 1 of 4 remaining World War II Doolittle Raiders dies at 94
- John Kerry fined $50 for failing to shovel snow outside home
- Elderly Massachusetts residents found dead after blizzard
- Twin bombing at Baghdad market kills 8 people
- Teen who demanded airtime on Dutch TV in police custody
- US-backed Mexico dam project triggered protest, rare defeat
- Philippines mourn 44 police commandos; terror suspect hunted
- China education minister demands rejection of Western values
- Jamaica preparing to extradite lottery scam suspect to US
- Wife of imprisoned Saudi blogger asks Canada PM to intervene
- New Saudi king reshuffles cabinet
- At least 2 dead, more than 50 hurt in gas explosion at children's hospital,
- Several simultaneous attacks in Egypt's Sinai kill 6
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!