Today: Sunny with below average temperatures for mid April. An afternoon high from the around 63 degrees. ESE wind at 10-15 mph.
Tonight: A clear sky and still chilly. But, most areas locally should be above freezing. An overnight ... More...
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Up to 100 students hit by blast of pepper spray
- Moniz raised MOX alternatives with Russia
- SC seeks ruling in nuclear fuel funding lawsuit
- Pedestrian struck by car, killed in Cobb County
- Man sentenced to hard labor for indecent exposure
- Heavy rain leads to sewage problems in Valdosta
- Thieves steal House clerk's car outside Capitol
- Public memorial for Herb Emory set for Saturday
- Labor officials form Georgia safety partnership
- US energy secretary to tour Georgia Tech
- Judge stays most of Ohio gay marriage ruling
- Death toll in Washington mudslide rises to 39
- Man charged with marathon hoax due in court
- Driver killed in 1 car accident near Erwinville
- Cargo ship grounded in windy Chesapeake Bay
- Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans
- Jill Biden promotes Post-9/11 GI Bill website
- Obama, Biden to announce $600M for job grants
- Marathon suspect seeks dismissal of some charges
- UN deploys Ugandan guard unit in Somali capital
- 20 killed as Islamic extremists rampage in Nigeria
- NKorea complains over barber's Kim Jong Un poster
- Venezuelan crisis talks show signs of progress
- Tanzanian president warns Congo rebels to disarm
- Ex-editor admits hearing hacked voicemails in 2004
- Army: Jordan air force strikes cars near Syria
- Parliament to elect Lebanon president on April 23
- UK lawmakers slam lax security in Taliban attack
- Gunmen kill 9 on bus in Ethiopia near dam project
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!