Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Ga. men sentenced to life in fatal armed robbery
- 2 men found fatally shot in west Ga. house
- Georgia criminal justice council given 8 grants
- UNLV president search narrows to 3 candidates
- Authorities bust Ga. heroin smuggling operation
- Nunn debuts another Bush ad in Georgia Senate race
- Georgia soldiers being deployed to West Africa
- Georgia governor details Ebola Response Team
- Ebola patient released from Atlanta hospital
- Pilot identified in fatal Ga. small plane crash
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Oklahoma Guard: No injuries after midair collision
- Closing arguments set in trial of Tsarnaev friend
- Reports: Televangelist urged vasectomies, abortion
- Finding victims in Indiana case a lengthy process
- Survey shows media differences due to politics
- America makes 'Wasabi Ginger' favorite new Lay's chip
- Standing ovation at Met Opera despite protest
- No bail for man in Washington shooting spree
- 13 injured in Missouri school bus collision
- Head of Iran's chief clerical body dead at 83
- Few hopes of success in Hong Kong talks
- Taliban attack kills 4 Afghan soldiers in Kabul
- Harvard student stuck in Mexico gets new US visa
- Driver shot dead after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- Panama suspends Supreme Court judge for corruption
- Former Australia Prime Minister Gough Whitlam dies
- Driver shot after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- EU foreign ministers reject travel ban
- Rehydration was a key in ridding Nigeria of Ebola
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!