Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- Police: Man accidentally shoots himself at gun show
- Atlanta pedestrian struck by vehicle, killed in Savannah
- Tough topics face Ga. lawmakers in session's final week
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Teen pilot killed in small plane crash in VA
- Boston officer improving after surgery to remove bullet
- Oregon police kill cougar above popular hiking trail
- Montana ski area back in operation after Saturday evacuation
- Official: Debris from NYC blast going to secure location
- Indiana governor: 'We're not going to change this law'
- Obama golfs with big money, oil moguls in Florida
- Library of Congress acquires rare trove of Civil War images
- Institute honoring the late Sen. Kennedy to open in Boston
- Northeast, despite highest gas costs, resists more pipelines
- Arab leaders say military strikes in Yemen will continue until rebels withdraw, surrender arms
- Pastor in co-pilot's German hometown says co-pilot, family 'belong to our community'
- Thousands protest voting problems in Nigerian oil capital
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Activists: Syrians flee city seized by al-Qaida, rebel factions, fearing government reprisals
- Israel installs solar panels at parliament to save energy
- Air Canada plane skids off runway on 'abrupt' landing in Halifax; 23 taken to hospital
- Boko Haram advance on northern city as Nigerians vote
- Nigerians continue voting Sunday, after technical hitches and despite extremist violence
- Egypt prosecutor names Brotherhood leaders as terrorists
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!