Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Judge refuses dismissal motion in 2007 killing
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson
- Only small increase in US girls getting cervical cancer shot
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas
- Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in America
- The Latest: Family vows to continue private search for boys
- Boy who went missing from Georgia home is found safe
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags
- Confederate flags placed at Ebenezer church near MLK Center
- The Latest: 911 call reporting teen boaters missing released
- The Latest: Jurors deliberate in theater shooting sentencing
- Teen accused of suffocating newborn son, then going shopping
- Man gets 80-year term after killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane
- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility
- The Latest: Outburst interrupts theater shooting trial
- Sandra Bland's death may bring new screenings in Texas jails
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls
- Man gets 80-year term for killing of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Blue moon? Friday's celestial event comes with a catch
- Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack
- FSB: US, Georgia helped prevent attacks at Sochi Olympics
- Mexico issues warrant for extradition of escaped El Chapo
- Man attacks Jerusalem gay pride parade, weeks after release from prison for similar attack
- Ukraine will try again for Malaysia Airlines crash tribunal
- New Nigerian general to head multinational Boko Haram fight
- Guatemala court lifts immunity for 3 lawmakers in graft case
- Nigerian soldiers rescue 71 children, women from Boko Haram
- Mexico ups dollar auction to $200 million to boost peso
- The Latest: Wing part may arrive in French city on Saturday
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!