Today: Increasing clouds with some scattered light rain late this afternoon. High in the low to mid 80s. East wind around 5 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with some light rain at times. The low in the mid 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Gov. Deal meets with Latino leaders on immigration
- Driver says she was nearly killed by sledgehammer
- Police: Georgia man had 174 pounds of marijuana
- School principal resigns after 2 DUI arrests
- Husband: Wife faces long recovery after attack
- Husband: Wife unrecognizable after attack on trail
- Ga. included in human trafficking training program
- GDOT suspending construction during GA tax holiday
- Nearly 1,400 eligible for UGA summer commencement
- New editor chosen to lead Valdosta Daily Times
- Divided House moves toward vote on border crisis
- White House decries House vote on deportations
- Prize-winning goat disappears from Colorado fair
- Key prosecution witness heard in ex-Va. gov trial
- Expert in porch shooting case talks about hand cut
- Gay couples denied marriage licenses in S.Carolina
- Sudan woman who faced death over faith heads to US
- Fired band director says he fixing vulgar culture
- Man suspected in Irish soldiers' deaths in court
- Virginia, student settle lawsuit over arrest
- China accuses 3 radicals of killing leading imam
- Libya Islamic militias declare control of Benghazi
- Afghan electoral officials to restart vote audit
- Greece to help 'hundreds' of Chinese leave Libya
- Floods submerge south Romania, 2nd person drowns
- Ex-Senegal leader's son starts corruption trial
- Hezbollah commander killed in Iraq
- UK judge opens inquiry into Litvinenko killing
- Pillay: Israel, Hamas committing war crimes
- Dad of jailed reporter: Son a victim of injustice
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!