Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible late. An overnight low in the upper 30s. The rain could fall as a light wintry mix at higher elevations and north during the overnight hours. Rainfall amounts should be light.
Saturday: Some light rain ... More...
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
By: Brannon Roberts
Lee University communication arts students recently won eight Student ADDY awards at the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) Competition in Chattanooga.
The AAF Student ADDY Awards Competition provides college students an opportunity to submit their design work to be judged on a professional level. Work entered at the local level can move up to regional and national judging. It is one of the most prestigious awards in the advertising world, similar to an Oscar for film or an Emmy for television.
Individually submitted designs by Randi Vasquez earned her a Gold for her “Lady of the Marketplace” photograph and a Silver for a logo design.
"Receiving an ADDY helped me realize how far I've come in my career during the past few years, however it also taught me to never settle and strive for the best," Vasquez said.
Hannah Alamo’s personal submission of an annual report, "How Things Work," won her a Silver award.
A team of three including Nathan Bivens, Jordan Dickenson and Josh Wical earned a Silver for a Vindagua yearbook advertisement.
Plasso Creative Group, a team of 11, won a Silver for their commercial "Don't Be Vulterized" created for the Deacon Jones Auto Group in an Advertising Campaigns class. Plasso includes students Monica Alward, Suzie Burkett, Amanda Downey, Steven Holt, Brooks Hungate, Paul Hutson, Steven Morgan, Jessica Reynolds, Mabia Shadel, Caitlin Warrick and Jonathan Williams.
“The ADDY awards ceremony is a great chance for my students to meet professionals in this field,” said Dr. Megan Moe, associate professor of communication at Lee. “Two years ago one of our graduating seniors won a Gold ADDY and met his future employer at the competition.”
Lee’s Publications office brought home the Gold ADDY for the Insider Magazine along with three Silvers for their Alumni Calendar, Parade of Favorites Program, and Charisma Metallic Flame Advertisement.
The publications team included students Ani Abrahamyan, Bivens, Jason Moore, Steven Morgan, Brent Shedd, Olivia Theodore, Cilla Tran and Vasquez.
Winners of Gold ADDYs will have the opportunity to advance to AAF’s regional competition which will take place in Nashville.
Lee Students Bring Home ADDY Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Dublin VA chief says waits still too long
- Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- 3rd person dies after shooting at Macon nightclub
- Ex-Cub Scout leader sent to prison in child molestation case
- Dalton police officer faces child molestation charge
- Gwinnett County school board approves new attendance zones
- Ga. police offer holiday shipping safety tips
- San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- NY pain doctor gets prison in manslaughter case
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- Bob Simpson, co-developer of Saffir-Simpson scale, dies
- Obama calls on women only at news conference
- Lava could reach Hawaii shopping center in 8 days
- Lawyer: Child molester won't testify in 1979 case
- Attorneys for jailed ex-billionaire seek his release
- China leader cautions against external forces
- Franciscan religious order in `grave' financial crisis
- North Korea denies connection with Sony hacking
- UN urging Taliban to reduce Afghan civilian casualties
- German Amazon strikes to last until Christmas Eve
- Brazil to study legalization of medical marijuana
- Israeli military says Gaza rocket hits Israel
- Little-known book by pope outlines views, hopes for Cuba
- Suspected bomb found under N. Ireland soldier's car
- 9 migrants drown off Morocco coast
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!