Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Second teenager in 2 days shot to death in Union City
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Ex-Macon officer sentenced for sex with shoplifting suspect
- Lawyer: White New York officer targeted black NBA player
- State Sen. Tolleson retires after Alzheimer's diagnosis
- Atlanta elementary school burglarized a fourth time
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- McCarthy's pledge to conservatives: 'I'm not John Boehner'
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise
- 3 'persons of interest' sought in hiking trail killing
- US, Japan museums united on Missouri, Yamato battleships
- Assisted suicide opponents vow to fight California law
- New auto safety technologies leave some drivers bewildered
- Golden Gate Park slaying victim was a Canadian woman
- Harvard's prestigious debate team loses to NY inmates
- Judge tosses conviction in NYC tourist killing; man freed
- Fighting erupts in central Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- Palestinian shot after stabbing Israeli in Jerusalem
- Pakistani court upholds death sentence in blasphemy killing
- MSF seeks fact-finding mission over deadly Kunduz strike
- With 500 French in Syria, new anti-jihadi ad campaign starts
- Guatemala to investigate for those responsible for mudslide
- Bank of China ordered to release counterfeiters' records
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought terrorist buyers
- UN envoy says peace process is `back on track' in Mali
- 5 arrested in connection with Sydney police worker's killing
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!