Friday: Mostly cloudy with some rain at times again. Even a thundershower possible. High in the low to mid 80s.
Showers and a few storms ... More...
Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia woman charged in widespread tax fraud case
- Dog fatally shot after attacking Ga. boy, officer
- Gov. Deal meets with Latino leaders on immigration
- Driver says she was nearly killed by sledgehammer
- Police: Georgia man had 174 pounds of marijuana
- School principal resigns after 2 DUI arrests
- Husband: Wife faces long recovery after attack
- Husband: Wife unrecognizable after attack on trail
- Ga. included in human trafficking training program
- GDOT suspending construction during GA tax holiday
- Dionne Warwick knows her way to San Jose
- Driver in Vegas eatery crash gets 6 to 20 years
- First lady expands effort to end vet homelessness
- Suit filed over Muslim citizenship denials, delays
- Study traces dinosaur evolution into early birds
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
- Ex-Blackwater guard says he didn't feel threatened
- Michigan woman: Lion at zoo bit off part of finger
- State senator pleads not guilty to racketeering
- GOP chairman: Party competing for black votes
- US launches charm offensive against wary India
- French forces arrest Mali jihadist ex-leader
- Norway calls off terror alert, says threat gone
- Travel ban for Sierra Leone players over Ebola
- Snowden's asylum status in Russia ending
- French experts in Burkina Faso to ID victims
- Paris riot police deployed for pro-Israel rally
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in video
- Female suicide bomber kills at least 6 in Nigeria
- Palestinians mull war crime charges against Israel
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!