Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bobby Brown's lawyer: Bobbi Kristina Brown has opened eyes
- Georgia high court upholds ruling tossing murder conviction
- Severe weather moves through north Georgia
- 2 ex-inmates in Georgia accused of Pennsylvania jury scam
- Weather advisories issued for north Georgia
- 2 ex-inmates in Georgia charged in Pennsylvania jury scam
- Man charged in 4 deaths waives arraignment in 1 case
- Weather advisories issued for north, central Georgia
- Gov. Nathan Deal to sign education reform legislation
- GA GOP district conventions support 'religious freedom' bill
- Wife of ex-Virginia governor: Corruption trial was unfair
- Spokesman: Alabama woman left to join Islamic State group
- Ex-Va. governor's wife: Corruption trial was unfair
- Annual Jefferson Muzzles awards released, spotlighting those who snuffed or punished free speech
- Woman who designed "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign dies
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Sapling planted in Michael Brown's memory destroyed
- Developments in tensions between police and communities
- Questions, answers about federal anti-radicalization effort
- Clinton pushes back against foundation criticism
- Afghan official: At least 2 dead in car bomb explosion
- Fierce storm lashes southeast Australia; 3 feared dead
- Japan PM sends offerings to criticized war shrine
- Australia: EU needs tough border control after boat tragedy
- S. Korea's prime minister offers to resign amid scandal
- Mother of Ukraine pilot jailed in Russia seeks global help
- Captain, crew member of shipwrecked immigrant vessel jailed
- Canada to issue Al-Jazeera journalist a passport
- UN urges $30 million for Palestinian refugees in Syria camp
- Syria's Assad cites 'contacts' with French intelligence
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!