Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. gov candidates talk ethics during 2nd debate
- Georgia Gov. Deal forming Ebola response team
- Researchers seek to combat bat disease
- Boston man pleads guilty to LA, GA drug charges
- UGA postpones visit from Liberian journalist
- Ga. agency upgrading phone system to meet demand
- Doraville tops list of traffic fines per capita
- County performer Dustin Lynch hit by beer can
- 19-year-old NC A&T student killed at party
- Car chase leads to fatal crash in East Point
- Obama keeps his schedule clear to focus on Ebola
- Lawyers due in court in marathon bombing case
- NY Gov. Cuomo raises profile -- but for what?
- Survey: Pay raises rarer despite strong US hiring
- Ana downgraded to tropical storm; Hawaii relaxes
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Hawaii residents relax as hurricane threat eases
- 3-year-old girl beaten to death in NYC, police say
- Robotic device helps paralyzed groom walk aisle
- Super drunk woman arrested, mistook jail for bar
- Attacks on Afghan checkpoints kill 4 troops
- Expelled Nazis paid millions in Social Security
- Federal police take control of 13 towns in Mexico
- China's ruling party opens meeting on rule of law
- Kerry seeks Asia's help in anti-Islamic State push
- Mudslides from rains kill 6 in southern Mexico
- Australia's Parliament House lifts face veil ban
- Australia to deploy 200 special forces in Iraq
- Sweden: 3 credible sightings in submarine search
- Kenya: 5 terrorists killed, car bomb recovered
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!