Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Officials warn of firecrackers' impact on veterans with PTSD
- 3 sentenced in metro Atlanta tax fraud scheme
- Billy Dilworth --veteran Georgia, SC journalist -- dies at 80
- 2-year-old girl drowns in south Georgia river
- Atlanta DUI suspect jumps 30 feet from overpass
- Fleeing suspect runs to law enforcement training center
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia
- Event set to honor Declaration of Independence signers
- Security heightened for Fourth of July events, travel
- Flash flood warnings issued in north Georgia
- Fireworks shoot into Colorado crowd; 9 suffer minor burns
- Some troops overseas are getting pizzas as a holiday treat
- 66 riders safely evacuated after 400-foot Ferris wheel stops
- America ushers in July 4
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- America welcomes July 4 with hot dogs, cool music, cold beer
- America ushers in July 4 with hot dogs, hot music, cool beer
- Medical helicopter crashes in Frisco; 3 escape
- 400-foot Ferris wheel stops: All 66 riders safely taken off
- Another 1700s Massachusetts home hit by vehicle
- Benedict XVI is honored for keen devotion to church music
- Spain's weather stations warn of extended heat wave
- Senator McCain: US must reassess Afghan troop withdrawal
- Mosque bombing kills 15 al-Qaida fighters in Syria
- Egypt's president visits troops in embattled north Sinai
- Murder complaints filed over capsized Philippine ferry
- Taiwan stands up to China with World War II military parade
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to make first US visit
- UN says children being killed in Burundi's violence
- Mexico set to free founder of Michoacan vigilante movement
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!