Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New director named for Atlanta's High Museum of Art
- The Latest: Coast Guard: Search for missing boaters ongoing
- Police: Murder-suicide led to deaths of 2 people in Norcross
- Atlanta police chief to head state police chiefs association
- Coast Guard continues search for missing Florida boys
- Man, 71, shot to death outside Family Dollar store
- Coast Guard plane's crew spends long days searching for boys
- Georgia back-to-school tax holiday begins Friday
- Officials: Thieves targeting Atlanta firefighters' vehicles
- Police release photos of movie theater gunman's car
- Florida governor orders inspections of Planned Parenthoods
- The Latest: Ohio governor expresses condolences in slaying
- The Latest: Theater shooter's mom recalls son's happiness
- Cathay Pacific departs Aleutians after emergency landing
- Feds: New York man tried to support Islamic State group
- The Latest: Congressman's wife mentioned in indictment
- On Capitol Hill, GOP fighting itself, instead of Democrats
- Police: Prison escapee still cooperating month after capture
- GOP presses Planned Parenthood aid ban, faces long odds
- House GOP pushes bill to make it easier to fire VA workers
- Argentina's foreign minister questions Iran nuclear deal
- Orphanage founder returns to Haiti as lawyers pursue trial
- Russia vetoes Security Council proposal on MH17 tribunal
- French, German tank makers sign tie-up agreement
- Hunters in court amid growing outrage over lion's death
- Jordan court sentences 8 in alleged Hezbollah attack plot
- Security checkpoint extortion costs Ivory Coast millions
- Outrage grows in Africa and U.S. over killing of protected lion
- Hungary speeding up fence to stop migrants, done by Aug. 31
- Russia formally declares US foundation 'undesirable'
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!