Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency
- Former sheriff's major convicted in corruption trial
- 3 convicted in anti-government militia plot receive 12 years
- 3 men sentenced to prison in anti-government militia plot
- Police investigate murder-suicide of parents in Georgia
- Georgia man guilty for 2nd time of stealing sea turtle eggs
- The Latest: Florida, South Carolina prepare as storm nears
- Budget on Georgia nuclear plant level, uncertainty remains
- Illinois will be first state to lock painkiller pill bottles
- Miami security guard shot at Metrorail station dies
- The Latest: Parade in Lower 9th Ward commemorates Katrina
- Hearing set for mom who drove 3 kids into ocean
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest
- Bystander dies after being shot by NYPD undercover officer
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field
- Hometown names school for teacher killed at Newtown
- FBI investigates after international flight diverted
- Police sometimes turn on the citizen with a smartphone video
- Burkina Faso court rejects candidate of former ruling party
- Pakistan army kills 14 suspected militants near Afghanistan
- Young migrant found suffocated in boat off Greek island
- Storm dissipates after killing at least 20 in Caribbean
- The Latest: Lebanese group threaten to escalate protests
- Iran president opposes parliament vote on nuclear deal
- Russia denounces Latvian ban on news agency
- The Latest: Thousands march in Lebanon for government reform
- Officials: 7 die in Nigeria air force plane crash
- Leaders discuss possible new Ukraine summit, France says
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!