Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Chattanooga will award 47 students each with a $1,000 scholarship during the annual Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Scholarship Banquet on June 24, 2014. Part of a yearly initiative, local McDonald’s Owners have donated more than $400,000 in scholarships in the last ten years.
McDonald’s Owners present this scholarship to students in the Greater Chattanooga area based on their all-around excellence in areas of citizenship, leadership, scholarship and extracurricular activities. Students began the application process for this award in November. Five volunteer judges reviewed each application and the top 60 students were then invited for a personal interview before a panel. Once the 47 students were chosen by the selection committee, the RMHC Board of Directors ratified the award recipients. Local McDonald's Franchise Owners Award $47,000 in Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Dispute between Ga youth coaches ends in stabbing
- Budget could force Coast Guard changes at Eufaula
- Crews repair damage after Atlanta protests
- GA roads, airport to see 1.3 million travelers
- Man sent to prison for killing woman, wounding man
- Savannah police task force makes dozens of arrests
- Child protective services teams to work overtime
- 21 arrested during Ferguson protests in Atlanta
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision
- Met Museum gets major gift of African-American art
- Police ID officers involved 12-year-old's shooting
- Missing model-restaurateur B. Smith found in NYC
- 58 arrested in 2nd night of Ferguson-area protests
- Girl, 12, saves 4-year-old sister from house fire
- Suspect in deadly assault charged with murder
- Trooper: Driver is lucky dog food didn't crush him
- Obama defends legal authority -- to pardon turkeys
- Ferguson protesters storm St. Louis City Hall
- Pregnant woman shot, killed in NYC; baby survives
- Panama diplomat killed in Belize; suspect detained
- Gangster 'Mad' Frankie Fraser dies at 90
- Bulgaria imam charged with terrorism incitement
- Spy balloons give police new view of Jerusalem
- Israeli leader seeks to revoke rights of inciters
- AP's Euler wins French presidential photo prize
- Boko Haram kills 20 villagers in near Chibok
- UN humanitarian chief Valerie Amos to step down
- Undeclared cash lands pilot in jail in Puerto Rico
- Spanish judge rules no crime in killing Ebola dog
- Central African rebels release several hostages
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!