My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Woman killed in Clayton County stabbing
- Feds indict 1 after noose put on Ole Miss integration statue
- 2 Georgia men sentenced for robbing postal workers
- Senate sends bill detailing school takeover to governor
- Police chief: Shooting investigation to be reviewed by GBI
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss
- Utility found 'hazardous situation' months before NYC blast
- Pence: Effort to 'clarify' religious objections law underway
- Wildfire grows in Montana, but ski area evacuation lifted
- Painstaking search continues after NYC blast, but hope dims
- 7 shot and injured at Florida spring break house party
- Chicago universities study astronaut on 1 year space mission
- Wildfire threatens Montana ski area, forcing evacuation
- LA commuter train hits car, partially derails; 21 hurt
- LA commuter train hits car, partially derails; 22 hurt
- Alabama DB Geno Smith arrested on DUI charge
- Kerry cancels plan to return to US to stay at Iran talks
- France's far-right breakthrough expected in local elections
- Pakistan sending plane to evacuate those stranded in Yemen
- Eiffel Tower goes dark in symbolic move for Earth Hour
- Australia signs up to negotiations on Chinese-led bank
- 4 killed while trying to recover gasoline after Mexico crash
- Afghan court sentences AP journalist's killer to 20 years
- Signs of discord as more joint Iran nuclear talks with deadline nearing
- Guinea deploys police as Sierra Leoneans flee Ebola lockdown
- Crash victim's father calls for more focus on pilot welfare
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!