My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga mom charged with letting son hit student on school bus
- 15 go to hospital after church bus crash in north Ga
- Georgia Hooters waitress donates kidney to longtime regular
- New lab can create hurricane conditions on demand
- Ga man gets life in slaying linked to embezzlement
- GBI probing deadly police shooting in Carrollton
- Atlanta police chief named to association board
- Ga. man sentenced to 17 1/2 years on child porn charges
- Henry County family of 8 undergoing rabies treatments
- 1 arrested, others sought after gunfire at Ga. Army base
- Sentencing Friday for parents who caged autistic son
- Stocks open slightly lower after economic data disappoints
- California beaches could reopen after cleanup of oily goo
- Request for probe of handling of Ferguson case back in court
- TV actor Dustin Diamond to testify during trial over brawl
- White House fence jumper sentenced for high-speed chase
- 3rd of 3 suspects in Oklahoma officer's shooting is captured
- Latest on flooding: Oklahoma troopers rescue, arrest man
- Protesters occupying church for 11 years pray for reprieve
- Latest on flooding: Flash flood watch in Arkansas
- THE LATEST: Sierra Leone thanks FIFA for support amid Ebola
- THE LATEST: Netanyahu urges FIFA not to suspend Israelis
- Hungary's Orban reaffirms country's EU and NATO membership
- Eternal love dashed: Paris lovers' locks to be dismantled
- Spain makes US rapid force at Moron base permanent
- Polish election winner officially named president-elect
- In South Africa, killer of anti-apartheid leader gets parole
- UN nuke agency report shows Iran probe essentially stalled
- Turkish paper probed over images of spy agency trucks
- Japan, EU agree to step up defense, economic ties
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!