My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Soldier charged in the death of fellow soldier in home
- Police's mobile app hopes to assist during holiday weekend
- New president chosen for Southeastern Technical College
- Georgia releases first results of new standardized test
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- Authorities say man's body found after fire at Canton home
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- 3 shot, 1 killed, gunman sought on Sacramento college campus
- Metrolink evaluating train car safety in wake of accident
- Missing tarantula not dangerous, prof says, but it can bite
- Judge: Suspect's confession OK in California pier shooting
- Here's the oath taken by clerk jailed over gay marriage
- 2 soldiers still hospitalized after Black Hawk accident
- Forest Service spends a record $243M last week on wildfires
- Army suspends operations at labs due to anthrax probe
- The Latest: Prosecutors have called final witnesses in trial
- The Latest: Mississippi River oil spill not affecting port
- The Latest: Guatemala ex-leader escorted to jail
- Pope pops out of Vatican, stop to get new glasses
- American students attacked with firebomb in West Bank
- Nigerian army reinstates more than 3,000 soldiers fired
- Official: 9,500 Nigerian refugees return from Cameroon
- UN to vote on lifting some secrecy around choosing top job
- Lebanon activists stage hunger strike, want minister to quit
- Uganda: 12 soldiers killed in Somalia attack
- Egypt sentences 2 women to 6 months for racy music videos
- Boat overturns on Mali lake, killing at least 18 people
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!