My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Convictions tossed for 9 South Carolina men who integrated lunch counter in 1961
- Relatives of GA teen found in gym mat sentenced to probation
- Clergy speak out on 'religious freedom' bill proposed in GA
- Police seek answers in deaths of woman, 3 children
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- 3 sentenced in fraud scheme that used homeless people
- Macon woman trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Alabama man accused of statutory rape involving girl, 15
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Famed SC civil rights protesters to have records erased
- At farewell, Obama praises Hagel as 'true American patriot'
- Moderate earthquake strikes Northern California coast
- Group's ad featuring 911 call grabs attention at Super Bowl
- Detroit officer won't go on trial 3rd time in girl's death
- Officers shoot, kill man who hit police dog with a hammer
- Lawmaker again takes aim at NFL tax status
- NFL players who started young show more thinking problems
- Census: 1 in 5 children on food stamps
- Penn State president criticizes Freeh report, NCAA penalties
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Raul Castro: US must return Guantanamo for normal relations
- Russia urged to free Ukrainian officer on hunger strike
- Group: Israel violated rules of war in strikes on Gaza homes
- Brazil's biggest city may cut water service to 2 days a week
- Jordan looks for assurances on pilot
- Israel: UN must live up to mission of war against genocide
- Controversial French comic tells court he seeks peace
- Aide says Argentine prosecutor didn't trust security detail
- Pet reptile not a lizard, Lithuanian student finds out
- Iran names new UN envoy after earlier pick blocked
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!