My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Numbers show US women rarely executed
- Numbers show rarity of female executions in US
- Attorney: Ex-superintendent charged in cheating scandal dies
- New medical marijuana bill in Senate weaker than House form
- Mother of Georgia man killed by police denies he was armed
- Fort Carson female soldier advances to Ranger training
- Ala. authorities say Ga. man dies beneath overturned trailer
- Tybee Island council, mayor may get 1st pay raise in years
- Court hearing set in crash that killed Savannah jazz bassist
- Electrical short in van blamed for fire at Albany body shop
- Franken skipping Netanyahu speech
- Well-liked photo teacher found dead in California classroom
- Italian tourist killed when hit by piece of Alaska glacier
- Cleveland leaders apologize over blaming boy for own death
- Fiery crash kills 4, closes highway in Jacksonville, Florida
- Plea deal for second suspect in Spokane beating death
- Bipartisan letter in House raises concerns over Iran talks
- Lawyer for media fights gag order in mine disaster case
- Connecticut man accused of raping woman he met on dating app
- Boston commuter rail system operator fined over snow delays
- Australia expected to announce more troops bound for Iraq
- Watchdog: 2 Syrian chemical weapons facilities destroyed
- Syria's opposition, rebels reject UN envoy's plan for Aleppo
- New attack in disputed region claimed by Sudan, South Sudan
- UN warns against complacency as Ebola fight enters new phase
- Egypt names Cuper from Argentina to lead its soccer team
- Iran's Guard monitored 8 million Facebook users
- Romanian parliament approves new spy chief
- Reporter jailed in Iran gets lawyer after more than 7 months
- Iraqi military not yet in Tikrit
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!