Friday: Mostly cloudy with some rain at times again. Even a thundershower possible. High in the low to mid 80s.
Showers and a few storms ... More...
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia woman charged in widespread tax fraud case
- Dog fatally shot after attacking Ga. boy, officer
- Gov. Deal meets with Latino leaders on immigration
- Driver says she was nearly killed by sledgehammer
- Police: Georgia man had 174 pounds of marijuana
- School principal resigns after 2 DUI arrests
- Husband: Wife faces long recovery after attack
- Husband: Wife unrecognizable after attack on trail
- Ga. included in human trafficking training program
- GDOT suspending construction during GA tax holiday
- Dionne Warwick knows her way to San Jose
- Driver in Vegas eatery crash gets 6 to 20 years
- First lady expands effort to end vet homelessness
- Suit filed over Muslim citizenship denials, delays
- Study traces dinosaur evolution into early birds
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
- Ex-Blackwater guard says he didn't feel threatened
- Michigan woman: Lion at zoo bit off part of finger
- State senator pleads not guilty to racketeering
- GOP chairman: Party competing for black votes
- US launches charm offensive against wary India
- French forces arrest Mali jihadist ex-leader
- Norway calls off terror alert, says threat gone
- Travel ban for Sierra Leone players over Ebola
- Snowden's asylum status in Russia ending
- French experts in Burkina Faso to ID victims
- Paris riot police deployed for pro-Israel rally
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in video
- Female suicide bomber kills at least 6 in Nigeria
- Palestinians mull war crime charges against Israel
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!