My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks
- Crews pull boater's body from Chattahoochee River
- DeKalb fire officials color coding hydrants
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts
- Fire officials probing blaze at Gwinnett shopping center
- Mississippi hospital whistleblower gets $3.5M in settlement
- School funding question top task for Deal's education panel
- Ga. officials launching child vehicle safety campaign
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- WWII vet to receive honorary diploma from Ohio high school
- Navy says submarine being built to be named USS New Jersey
- A head scratcher: 9 brains found next to train tracks
- Forgotten for decades, fallen NY soldier finally honored
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home
- Saved from Sandy: Shorebird efforts are declared a success
- In the coalfields, dilapidated sites make way for renewal
- Officials: $1M spent on medical care for jailed Chicago teen
- The Latest in Cleveland: Ohio governor praises protests
- Fuel tanker truck explodes on Detroit interstate
- Ex-Pakistani PM: Son's kidnappers want militants released
- Official: Syrian army preparing for counterattack on IS
- Iraqi lawmaker slams US criticism of Iraqi military
- Dutch prime minister thanks American liberators
- Russians celebrate the saints who gave them their alphabet
- Nigerian cell phone provider needs fuel to prevent shut-down
- Thousands attend funeral of killed Burundi opposition figure
- 60th birthday for Cannes' Palme d'Or top film trophy
- Saudi Arabia says suicide bomber was Islamic State operative
- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!