My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Governor says he will sign transportation funding proposal
- Jury begins Day 8 of deliberations in school cheating trial
- Couple suspected in 1992 death to be extradited to Kansas
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- Public input sought on plan for Fort Yargo State Park
- Atlanta streetcar to continue offering free rides
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list
- Scientists say polar bears won't thrive on land food
- SUV crashes into shed, killing sleeping man, pregnant woman
- Convicted drug dealer testifies against 6 former officers
- Ohio man gets 110 years for 4 rapes found through DNA tests
- Retired NYC detective drowns while saving boy in Puerto Rico
- Rocky first year for the new GED and other equivalency tests
- The latest developments on religious objection laws
- Prosecutor: Clemson fraternity death declared unsolved case
- US auto sales tap the brakes in March, but outlook strong
- Protesters disrupt Supreme Court proceedings
- Israel reports successful test of missile-defense system
- Macedonian intel chief accused of bribery in Israel deal
- In Jamaica, man hurls 'suspicious package' at US embassy
- Polish priest shows beheading video to high school class
- Iran talks continue, amid disagreement over today's goals
- Romanian court limits movements of ex-Moldova leader's son
- British couple win a million in lottery for 2nd time
- Trial to begin quickly for man charged in slashing attack on ambassador
- 35 dead in Yemen after airstrikes hit factory
- Collection of human remains from crash site ends
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!