Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta
- Prosecutor to seek indictment in jail death of Savannah man
- Macon woman's index finger bitten off during fight
- Arrest made in 2012 slaying of Augusta security guard
- Atlanta man dies after being shot in leg during argument
- Senior invites soldier who rescued family to graduation
- Dog found dead, hanging on a chain off bridge in Atlanta
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Ga. police to carry portable defibrillators, Naloxone
- California man charged with murder in crash that killed 2
- Illinois mom takes son's place at graduation after he dies
- Husband, wife plead not guilty in bourbon theft ring
- Lawyer: Ex-NFLer Aaron Hernandez, now in prison, low on cash
- Drew Peterson granted trial delay in murder-for-hire case
- US, Cuba close round of talks with no embassy announcement
- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation
- 2 California men arrested in helping terrorism group
- No indictment for Texas City officer in fatal shooting
- 1st batch of Clinton emails to be released around 12:30 p.m.
- Currency tumbles as Venezuelans look to offload bolivars
- EU chief Juncker calls Hungary's Orban 'dictator' -- in jest
- UN concerned over human rights, democracy in Macedonia
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Dutch government plans limited ban on face-covering clothing
- Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Muhammad
- Suspect in Tunisia attack claims innocence at 1st hearing
- UN says Hungarian questionnaire risks spreading xenophobia
- Nepal assesses if quake-hit villages are at risk before rain
- Kremlin spokesman: Russia wants to free 2 held in Ukraine
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!