Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New director named for Atlanta's High Museum of Art
- The Latest: Coast Guard: Search for missing boaters ongoing
- Police: Murder-suicide led to deaths of 2 people in Norcross
- Atlanta police chief to head state police chiefs association
- Coast Guard continues search for missing Florida boys
- Man, 71, shot to death outside Family Dollar store
- Coast Guard plane's crew spends long days searching for boys
- Georgia back-to-school tax holiday begins Friday
- Officials: Thieves targeting Atlanta firefighters' vehicles
- Police release photos of movie theater gunman's car
- Florida governor orders inspections of Planned Parenthoods
- The Latest: Ohio governor expresses condolences in slaying
- The Latest: Theater shooter's mom recalls son's happiness
- Cathay Pacific departs Aleutians after emergency landing
- Feds: New York man tried to support Islamic State group
- The Latest: Congressman's wife mentioned in indictment
- On Capitol Hill, GOP fighting itself, instead of Democrats
- Police: Prison escapee still cooperating month after capture
- GOP presses Planned Parenthood aid ban, faces long odds
- House GOP pushes bill to make it easier to fire VA workers
- Argentina's foreign minister questions Iran nuclear deal
- Orphanage founder returns to Haiti as lawyers pursue trial
- Russia vetoes Security Council proposal on MH17 tribunal
- French, German tank makers sign tie-up agreement
- Hunters in court amid growing outrage over lion's death
- Jordan court sentences 8 in alleged Hezbollah attack plot
- Security checkpoint extortion costs Ivory Coast millions
- Outrage grows in Africa and U.S. over killing of protected lion
- Hungary speeding up fence to stop migrants, done by Aug. 31
- Russia formally declares US foundation 'undesirable'
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!