Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- FBI: Hunt continues for suspect in bomb threats against jets
- Ga. inmate who's come close to death 3 times to die Tuesday
- Husband and wife found dead in their home outside Rome
- Man shot to death in Clayton County
- Police ID driver in wrong-way crash that shut down I-85
- Bomb threat against 2 planes at Atlanta's main airport
- Fire crews battling blaze at Douglasville apartment
- South Georgia police search for missing Cobb County couple
- Atlanta mayor: Better transit reduces income inequality
- Police investigate crash that shut down I-85 for 4 hours
- What you need to know about the snow headed to the Northeast
- Airlines prepare to shut down in Northeast for snowstorm
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Federal judge stays Ala. gay marriage ruling
- 2 planes evacuated in Seattle, 3rd flight diverted to Dallas
- 2 planes evacuated on arrival at Seattle-Tacoma airport
- Boehner's State of Union survival tip: Stare at Obama's head
- Officials: 4 children fall through ice into pond in Maryland
- Final victim hasn't been found in Md. mansion fire
- Senators: More special ops troops may be needed in Mideast
- Japan logs record trade deficit in 2014 on weakening yen
- Obama: Counterterrorism operations in Yemen not affected
- UK reviewing security after hoax call to Cameron
- Tunisia's Islamists will not back new coalition govt
- Iranian lawmakers honor Guard commander over IS victories
- Venezuela blocks meeting of former leaders, opposition chief
- Iran foreign minister summoned to explain stroll with Kerry
- 15 killed in clashes on anniversary of 2011 uprising
- Bombings kill at least 15
- France finds bodies of 6 skiers buried by avalanche in Alps
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!