Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- Police: Man accidentally shoots himself at gun show
- Atlanta pedestrian struck by vehicle, killed in Savannah
- Tough topics face Ga. lawmakers in session's final week
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Teen pilot killed in small plane crash in VA
- Boston officer improving after surgery to remove bullet
- Oregon police kill cougar above popular hiking trail
- Montana ski area back in operation after Saturday evacuation
- Official: Debris from NYC blast going to secure location
- Indiana governor: 'We're not going to change this law'
- Obama golfs with big money, oil moguls in Florida
- Library of Congress acquires rare trove of Civil War images
- Institute honoring the late Sen. Kennedy to open in Boston
- Northeast, despite highest gas costs, resists more pipelines
- Arab leaders say military strikes in Yemen will continue until rebels withdraw, surrender arms
- Pastor in co-pilot's German hometown says co-pilot, family 'belong to our community'
- Thousands protest voting problems in Nigerian oil capital
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Activists: Syrians flee city seized by al-Qaida, rebel factions, fearing government reprisals
- Israel installs solar panels at parliament to save energy
- Air Canada plane skids off runway on 'abrupt' landing in Halifax; 23 taken to hospital
- Boko Haram advance on northern city as Nigerians vote
- Nigerians continue voting Sunday, after technical hitches and despite extremist violence
- Egypt prosecutor names Brotherhood leaders as terrorists
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!