Today: Mostly sunny and less humid. Hot, with an afternoon high in the upper 80s to near 90. A Northwest wind at 5 mph.
Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid/upper 60s.
Saturday: Sunny ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man shot in Sandy Springs dies at hospital
- UGA seeking vice president for instruction
- Atlanta federal offices to reopen after outage
- Man injured in Sandy Springs apartment shooting
- Ga. governor chides president over young migrants
- Teen's complaint seeks schooling during pregnancy
- Ga. investigated complaint against Dalton plant
- Ga. teen sues for in-home classes during pregnancy
- Casino company offers apology after boat got stuck
- Construction worker dies after falling from tower
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Va. Gov. McAuliffe to tour tornado damage
- Deadly fungus spreads in Everglades, killing trees
- Little sunlight as Obama raises super PAC dollars
- Central American leaders convening at White House
- Pot may be legal, but homeowner agreements can ban
- APNewsBreak: Gun law based on flawed estimate
- Cause sought for gunfight between patient, doctor
- Ohio State band marches on after director's firing
- Exoneration hearing set for convicted rapist
- Jordan shoots down 'aerial target' near Syria
- Philippine soldiers clash with militants; 5 dead
- German airlines cancel more Tel Aviv flights
- Australia readies 90 police for Ukraine crash site
- Surgeons in India remove 232 teeth from teen
- Ukraine reports overnight rebel attacks on border
- Official: Israel Cabinet to discuss cease-fire
- Black boxes from Taiwan air crash investigated
- Chicken off McDonald's HK menu after food scandal
- S.Korea lab fails to find out how ferry owner died
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!