Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Severe thunderstorms possible as rain moves into Georgia
- Cellphone thieves targeting college students in Atlanta
- Person of interest in Macon woman's death found dead
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US after Liberia trip
- Correction: Unattended Child Campaign story
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle
- Police arrest man after car involved in 2 police chases
- 2 arrested in Savannah after car broadsides police car
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- Defense in Slender Man case say adult charges unwarranted
- Taco Bell, Pizza Hut: Artificial ingredients getting booted
- Gunman, 1 other, killed in North Dakota Wal-Mart shooting
- Author of Pamela Smart-inspired book asks for her parole
- Media CEOs dominate ranks of top-paid executives
- The Latest on IS: Fighting, strikes near Iraq's Ramadi
- The Latest on flooding: Houston floodwaters strand motorists
- The Latest on IS: US promises 2,000 rockets to Iraq
- Police: Dog mauls boy to death on Chicago's South Side
- Bad training invalidates 170 Ohio concealed weapons licenses
- Sweltering temperatures in India leave 750 dead in 5 weeks
- Rights group says Libya civilians trapped in eastern city
- Malaysia refuses entry to teen leader of Hong Kong protests
- Greece mulls levy on undeclared deposits to raise cash
- Former trader goes on trial in UK for market manipulation
- UN says alarming spike in female suicide bombings in Nigeria
- Murder trial opens for French farmer who shot truffle thief
- Moldovan president: We prefer European Union orbit to Russia
- Attack on UN vehicle in Mali's capital, 1 dead
- Russia: No date yet for Iran's S-300 air defense missiles
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!