Today: Windy and cold. Some flurries and snow showers ending. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 40s. A north wind creating a Wind Chill in the 30s. Wind North 15-30 mph.
Tonight: Clearing and much colder with freezing ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Freeze watch across north and central Georgia
- Clinton: Ga. Senate race vote on promise of future
- Old DeKalb County jail burns again
- Jury deliberations begin in band hazing trial
- Clinton: Ga. Senate race about 'growing together'
- Ashes from Ebola victim's apartment in limbo
- Woman who set off pipe bombs appears before judge
- Police search for suspect after high-speed chase
- Freeze watch issued in north Georgia
- Early voting deadline quickly approaching
- Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits
- It's time to fall back an hour, get extra shut-eye
- 2 children, woman hit by car in Halloween crash
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- Nurse free to move about as restrictions eased
- 'We just had a hunch': US marshals nab Eric Frein
- Lake Michigan waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- NYC worker suspended for using 'robotic voice'
- Girl barred over Ebola fears returns to school
- 88-year-old Missouri man charged with killing wife
- Commander: 18 Islamist fighters killed in Libya
- New US general seeks China air safety dialogue
- China experimental moon orbiter returns
- Ecuador top court endorses re-election for Correa
- UN expresses 'deep outrage' at Islamic State group
- UN resolution urges Myanmar to drop identity plan
- Cyclists kidnapped, ransomed near Mexico City
- Suspected ETA member arrested in Germany
- Canada restricts visas amid Ebola scare
- Gentiloni named new foreign minister of Italy
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!