Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man sentenced for shooting stepfather in eye with flare gun
- Georgia-Pacific to close Wisconsin plant
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency
- Former sheriff's major convicted in corruption trial
- 3 convicted in anti-government militia plot receive 12 years
- 3 men sentenced to prison in anti-government militia plot
- Police investigate murder-suicide of parents in Georgia
- Georgia man guilty for 2nd time of stealing sea turtle eggs
- Pawn shop sells Jack Kevorkian's assisted suicide van
- Strong winds blamed for 2 deaths in Seattle area
- The Latest: Clinton: Celebrate progress but continue work
- Hammerhead shark sighting prompts California beach closure
- Police: NY mom killed baby girl, lived with body for months
- Missing hiker found alive after 9 days lost in Sierra Nevada
- Police: Mom shot answering front door was likely targeted
- On-Air Ambush: TV crew's killing unfolds in real time
- The Latest: Nancy Pelosi praises New Orleans' progress
- Police: NY woman killed infant, lived with body for 3 months
- Afghan official says forces retake district from Taliban
- El Salvador officials deactivate powerful car bomb
- Dominica digs out from storm damage that killed at least 20
- Lawmakers urge lifting immunity of Guatemalan president
- The Latest: Lebanese group threaten to escalate protests
- Burkina Faso court rejects candidate of former ruling party
- Pakistan army kills 14 suspected militants near Afghanistan
- Young migrant found suffocated in boat off Greek island
- Storm dissipates after killing at least 20 in Caribbean
- Iran president opposes parliament vote on nuclear deal
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!