Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man faces murder charge in killing of taxi driver's son
- Sleet, freezing rain possible in north Georgia
- Fulton County police officer shot and killed in line of duty
- Georgia attorney general to launch food drive competition
- Man killed in confrontation with police detectives
- Lawyers: Georgia waffles on execution with cloudy drug
- Emory's Alzheimer's Disease Research Center to get $25M
- Columbus State University to open lab, lounge for military
- Mississippi Power notes new Kemper overrun amid uncertainty
- 5 St. Paul adults charged in multistate sex trafficking ring
- Court hears major fight over health law subsidies
- Mayor: NYC public schools to close on 2 Muslim holidays
- Sheriff calls for changes after 4th teen riot in 4 months
- Carter, Rice to honor Notre Dame's Hesburgh at funeral
SEATTLE (AP) -- It's a job that might make you flush: Find easily accessible restrooms for Seattle-area bus drivers and get paid nearly $100,000 a year.
- Police: Maryland shootings suspect arrested near 1st scene
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- `Guardians of the Galaxy' tops MTV Movie Awards nominations
- Latest on Boston bombing trial: Prosecutor gives openings
- Police: Officer shot and killed in 'ambush' outside Atlanta
- 2 in UK arrested in fraud case linked to Syria extremism
- Claim of 'dirty money' in politics provokes uproar in Iran
- Merkel warns Russia to live up to Ukraine peace deal
- UN envoy to Yemen disappointed by Shiites rebels' stance
- Greek police guidelines on migration control spark confusion
- Suspected German member of Islamic State group arrested
- Russian court keeps Ukrainian pilot behind bars
- Top French court approves extradition of Kazakh banker
- UN: World eating too much sugar; cut to 5-10 percent of diet
- Kenya: Businessmen, ex-officials charged for fraud
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!