Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fire crews find body while dousing blaze at mobile home
- Residents say sweltering heat persists at Atlanta apartments
- Stray bullet kills woman, 81, as she played cards on porch
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater
- Augusta VA employee jailed, accused of violating bond
- Funeral set for Naval officer slain in Tennessee attack
- Police: 2 dead bodies found inside Norcross home
- Precautionary boil water advisory lifted in DeKalb County
- Police: Landlord finds 2 dead bodies in Norcross home
- Woman's body found in creek at Ga. campsite
- 7 killed in 2 small plane crashes in Wisconsin, Minnesota
- Man's pit bull attacks his wife; part of her arm amputated
- 300 years after shipwreck, treasure hunters find $1M in gold
- Police: Officer shoots, wounds man in Baltimore
- The Latest on missing teens: Search area expands
- ATM workers forget bag of cash, man drives off with $150K
- Union raffling gun to benefit officer who shot unarmed man
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Obama ivory crackdown leaves open California loopholes
- Theater shooting: No red flags reported at time of gun sale
- The Latest: Syrian militants: Turkish-US deal helps beat IS
- The Latest: Saudi King voices support for Turkey's actions
- French archaeology students find 560,000-year-old tooth
- Boko Haram kill 29 villagers in northeast Nigeria
- The Latest: NATO exec: Turkey told not to use undue force
- Iran says will hold 'high-level talks' with EU
- Zimbabwe: 2 to appear in court for killing Cecil the lion
- The Latest: Turkey: Kurdish peace process can resume
- Bosnian government adopts EU reforms plan
- German doctor declared woman dead, she later woke up
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!