Tonight: A fair sky and cooler with an overnight low in the mid/upper 50s.
Thursday: Sunny to partly sunny with an afternoon high in ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
- UGA to draft preservation plan for school property
- Man found dead in suspicious fire south of Atlanta
- UGA garden to host Shakespeare's plants lecture
- Sale of Rogers' Rangers New York site nearly done
- Jimmy Carter speaks on Islamic State at forum
- 23 arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Army National Guard troops return from Afghanistan
- Mystery substance prompts tests of Ga. river water
- Woman found guilty, mentally ill in deputy attack
- Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
- List of 2014 MacArthur 'genius grant' recipients
- Obama: Ebola one day, extremist threat the next
- Benghazi select committee holding 1st open hearing
- Ebola survivor: No time to waste as Obama ups aid
- Wary lawmakers ready to OK arms for Syrian rebels
- Senator wants to authorize ground troops in fight against IS...Peterson can't play for now...More rain expected for Arizona's desert region
- Big break in ambush probe: suspect's abandoned SUV
- Tulsa sheriff's deputy accused of sexual assault
- Marijuana industry battling stoner stereotypes
- Japan wants North Korea abductions report soon
- Pakistan army says airstrikes kill 40 militants
- Pope OKs canonization for Sri Lanka's 1st saint
- Pakistan: Airstrikes kill 40 militants
- Milestones of Scots' journey to independence vote
- Thailand conducts autopsies on slain Britons
- Swedish king involved in car crash, unhurt
- France arrests 5 in militant women recruiting ring
- Shelling in eastern Ukraine, at least 1 dead
- New IS video warns US over Iraq deployment
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!