Today: A mix of clouds and sun with an afternoon high in the upper 40s to near 50. A light north wind.
Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible late. An overnight low in the upper 30s. The rain could fall as a light wintry mix at higher ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. man arrested in insurance fraud scheme
- Ga. official picked for president's task force
- Ga. Guard troops home from Afghanistan in time for holidays
- Ga. audit highlights questionable state spending
- UGA paid more than $40,000 for Gurley's legal help
- Ga. entrepreneur convicted of hiding income abroad
- Logistics company building plant in west Ga.
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Hearing set for restrictive NYC jail dorm
- Weird weather lingers in Alaska's largest city
- China's wealth finds home in Washington state
- Marathon bombing survivor in 'Yes to Dress' finale
- US agriculture has big appetite for Cuba trade
- Federal judge considering Oklahoma's death penalty
- Dog saves man from Sacramento home fire
- Lava slows but still on track to hit Hawaii market
- Ed Dept. releases 'framework' to rate colleges
- Minnesota links caramel apples, 2 listeria deaths
- Sri Lankan opposition pledges war crime inquiry
- Pakistan to appeal bail for Mumbai attacker
- Ex-worker at China's Forbidden City gets death
- Filipino family wants US Marine in local jail during trial
- Japan, US delay update to defense cooperation
- SKorea court orders dissolution of leftist party
- Report: Australian lawmaker's adviser detained
- UN Experts: Taliban radicals against peace gain prominence
- World War II bomb defused in German city
- Suspected Islamic extremists kidnap 185 in Nigeria
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!