Tonight: Clear skies with a low in the low/mid 40s. 30s possible north and mountains. North wind 5-10.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, breezy and a little cooler with a high in the mid 60s. Wind from the North 10-15 mph.
Wednesday ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Body of eastern Georgia teen found in wooded area
- Furniture retailer building west Georgia facility
- More than 206,600 early ballots cast in Georgia
- Correction: Couple Slain-Death Penalty story
- Judge declares mistrial in Burrell Ellis case
- Ga. Ebola response team to meet at state Capitol
- South Ga. man sentenced on child porn charges
- Prosecutors meet to discuss gun violence
- 2 arrested in fatal Coweta County shooting
- NTSB: Pilot errors, lack of sleep led to crash
- Pakistani Nobel laureate honored in Philadelphia
- Elusive bobcat again escapes from New Jersey home
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
- Church official pleads guilty in looting case
- Colorado newspaper removed for campaign photo
- Hospital: American video journalist free of Ebola
- Backpage.com ask high court to throw out lawsuit
- US says head of Gulf Cartel in custody
- 'Girlfriend' crack makes Obama voting all laughs
- Blackwater jurors talk about possible agreement
- UN: Assault on Yazidis may be genocide attempt
- Mexican rights agency says army executed 15 of 22
- Australian runaway teenager reportedly in IS video
- Congo doctor Mukwege wins EU human rights prize
- Ancient Greek well yields rare wooden statue
- Submarine hunt exposes Swedish readiness gap
- IAPA: press freedom deteriorating in the Americas
- Police find dead infants in Winnipeg locker
- Oil CEO in sad toll of famed plane crash victims
- Anti-government cleric ends protest in Islamabad
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!