Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Augusta VA employee jailed, accused of violating bond
- Funeral set for Naval officer slain in Tennessee attack
- Police: 2 dead bodies found inside Norcross home
- Precautionary boil water advisory lifted in DeKalb County
- Police: Landlord finds 2 dead bodies in Norcross home
- Woman's body found in creek at Ga. campsite
- 'Megaload' to slow traffic along Ga. interstates, highways
- Man arrested in shooting aboard Atlanta commuter train
- Experts: Time is an enemy in solving Bobbi Kristina's death
- Bobby Brown feels 'completely numb' after death of daughter
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Obama ivory crackdown leaves open California loopholes
- Theater shooting: No red flags reported at time of gun sale
- Few clues emerge on fate of teens missing on fishing trip
- Dozens of brilliant bronze works on display at Getty Museum
- Cabinet secretaries on Capitol Hill again to sell Iran deal
- Short-term highway extension may be way out for Congress
- Man killed by escort possibly linked to missing women
- Police: Body believed to be missing California girl found
- Cleared narcotics officers sue city officials for defamation
- Spanish firefighters bring major forest blaze under control
- The Latest: Turkish leader appeals for NATO help
- Rwanda park releases lions into wild after quarantine
- The Latest: NATO chief extends sympathy to Turkey
- The Latest: UN panel meets on foreign fighter issue
- Moldova's president designates lawmaker to form new gov't
- The Latest: NATO meets in emergency session
- Bahrain: 2 police officers killed, 6 wounded in bomb attack
- Spain summons Venezuelan ambassador over president's remarks
- Detained Post reporter's lawyer in Iran asks for his release
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!