Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Fire officials probing blaze at Gwinnett shopping center
- Mississippi hospital whistleblower gets $3.5M in settlement
- School funding question top task for Deal's education panel
- Ga. officials launching child vehicle safety campaign
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Death of middle Georgia girl ruled homicide
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Suspected Jacksonville bus shooter arrested in Georgia
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- California governor pitches amnesty on traffic debt for poor
- Senate Republicans block changes to NSA surveillance
- Freed from death row: 'I refuse to give them my joy'
- Congress' familiar path: short-term solutions
- Congress passes 2-month highway, transit aid extension
- Hundreds mourn NYC college dean killed in Amtrak crash
- Naked Florida man rescued after getting stuck on drawbridge
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Biker group gets proclamation
- Man released from Guantanamo in December dies in Kazakhstan
- Oil shouldn't spoil vacations for California beach tourists
- Joyful Burundi refugees leave disease-stricken camp
- Somalia: 18 killed in extremist attack in rural Somalia
- Top US commander says IS actively recruiting in Afghanistan
- Congo electoral commission updates voter list
- Myanmar president signs off on controversial population law
- AP Interview: Top UN official says Europe must open borders
- Egypt court acquits 17 in protest that saw mother shot dead
- Syrian official: Islamic State militants in Palmyra's museum
- Islamic State group radio claims Saudi mosque suicide attack
- Roadside bomb kills 2, including Afghan district chief
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!