Tonight: Becoming cloudy Showers possible late. An overnight low near 60. A south wind at 10mph.
Friday: Showers likely ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal signs bill restricting some abortion coverage
- Gov. Deal signs 'medical amnesty' bill
- Ga. governor approves referendum on dorm taxes
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker
- Parents of infant found dead held on drug charges
- Miss. girl, 2, found unharmed in south Georgia
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate drops to 6.8 percent
- Ga. transit police plan Detroit recruitment event
- Georgia Tech to host health care partnership forum
- Woman charged in NC kidnap to have bond hearing
- New Yorker who faked drowning gets 7-year sentence
- Slain TSA agent's family files claim for $25M
- Stocks mostly higher on earnings gains; Apple up
- Management, safety cited for radiation release
- Measles off to a fast start, as cases trend up
- Christie says he would have stopped lane closings
- Big riders mean big horses on Western trails
- NRA seeks universal gun law at national meeting
- Florida school stops serving soda before tests
- Philadelphia newspaper guild won't bid for company
- London school says students abused by US teacher
- Ukraine FM: We are ready to fight Russia
- Mali coup leader faces possible death penalty
- Mexico rescues 44 kidnapped Guatemalan migrants
- Jokes, parties, concerts are out as South Korea mourns ferry victims
- Sub completes 90 percent of search
- Uruguay to limit pot buyers to 10 grams a week
- Puerto Rico govt seeks to lure wealthy investors
- Classes resume at South Korean school
- Families of ferry's lost confront South Korean officials
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!