Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- Police seek emails from DeKalb CEO in fraud investigation
- Medical examiner: Man shot himself in police confrontation
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- 2 soldiers injured after Black Hawk helicopter hard landing
- Son of man convicted in Jewish site shootings testifies
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed
- Police cruiser hit by gunfire, crashes, catches fire
- Obama's fish tale: salmon spawning on his shoes
- The Latest: Protesters demand justice for Gray and others
- Indonesia extradites ex-police officer sought in US murder
- The Latest: Protester to face assault against officer
- Autopsy: Football player shot by police had drugs in system
- Mexico Senate ratifies academic as next ambassador to US
- Lost Australian sheep yields 42 kilos (93 pounds) of fleece
- UNICEF: 40 percent school dropouts in Mideast conflict areas
- Russia delays new body to assign blame for Syrian attacks
- El Salvador sets new murder milestone with deadly August
- Russia: Security Council addressing Europe's migrant crisis
- Mexico's president acknowledges distrust, fear
- France dismisses inquiry into Yasser Arafat's death
- SodaStream chief accuses boycotters of anti-Semitism
- Mali, neighboring countries plan force to fight extremists
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!