Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible, especially over the southern part of the viewing area. An overnight ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah woman sentenced in death of newborn
- Georgia daycare ordered closed after child in van
- Man wanted in Georgia killing arrested in Alabama
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in Iowa man's death
- Girl critically injured after being struck by car
- Man sentenced after threat to eat judge's kids
- Pedestrian struck, killed by minivan in east Ga.
- Authorities seek to identify skeletal remains
- Water main break again prompts street closure
- Atlanta residents object to planned priests' home
- White House makes economics focus of Asia trip
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty
- Court reinstates lawsuit over Marine's suicide
- Wyatt Earp gun sells for $225K at auction
- Border Patrol arrests at least 80 immigrants at Texas encampment, 132 more at stash house
- Prosecutor: Body fits description of missing boy
- Clinton sought GOP support for health care
- American identifies cleric in US terrorism case
- Obama presents Navy with football trophy, again
- Boston prepares for huge wave of marathon visitors
- Pope leads torch-lit Good Friday procession
- N. Korea criticizes 'human rights racket' of US
- Belfast IRA figure killed in splinter-group feud
- 57-nation OSCE plays key Ukraine monitoring role
- UN says 58 killed in attack on UN base in SSudan
- Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land
- At least 12 Everest guides killed, four missing in avalanche
- Investigators probe crew's actions, as well as alterations made to the ferry
- Ferry now totally submerged
- Ukraine government pledges reforms as insurgents reject call to quit buildings
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!