Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
- Police say teenager hit, killed 2-year-old Georgia boy
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
- Lawyer in Atlanta cheating case previews new support group
- Family says Georgia man missing after Nepal earthquake
- Singer Jamie Barton wins the 'Heisman Trophy' of music
- At Civil War's end, a steamboat disaster that history forgot
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission
- Police say Lil Wayne tour bus struck by bullets
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Reconstruction cost $5 billion
- Thousands expected at Monday's funeral for Freddie Gray
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Foreign tourists out in the cold
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
- Deadly Nevada prison brawl stokes mystery about guards, guns
- Long odds for insanity defense in theater shooting trial
- Japan's prime minister kicks off US visit in Boston
- Deaths rise, aid flown in after Nepal quake: Things to Know
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Gorkha toll could change picture
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Entire army involved in rescue
- Malaysia: ASEAN to avoid confronting China in S. China Sea
- Syrian insurgents capture military base in northwest
- Rescuers struggle to reach remote Nepal areas, as toll rises
- Deutsche Bank to drop locations, streamline operations
- Bomb kills 5 in southern Afghanistan, clashes in north
- Sri Lanka's Parliament debates presidential powers
- Soldiers clear ash from around Chile's Calbuco volcano
- Thailand seizes 3 tons of elephant tusks smuggled from Kenya
- By BINAJ GURUBACHARYA and KATY DAIGLE
- Australia says Indonesia gave 72 hours notice of executions
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!