Saturday Night: A fair to partly cloudy sky and comfortable with an overnight low in the low 60s.
Sunday: A mix of clouds and sun with a chance ... More...
Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police say UGA student arrested for threat
- Travelers asked to avoid ambush suspect hunt area
- Warning lifted after threat at UGA campus
- Building on UGA campus evacuated after threat
- Univ. of Georgia on pace for record enrollment
- Police investigate shooting death of Augusta man
- Residents asked to help search for missing plane
- Autopsy set for Friday in fatal shooting by police
- Large Ga. school system to change attendance zones
- Judge sides with Fulton County in tax hike dispute
- Driver of stolen van that hit dog gets prison time
- Keyshia Cole arrested on suspicion of battery
- US, Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft
- After 2 weeks, search still on for 2 Maryland kids
- Prosecutor: Charges weren't ready in casino crash
- Suspect in 1998 bombings pleads to lesser charges
- DNC raises $7M in August, has $11M banked
- Tech entrepreneur seeks license plate scan data
- Ex-diner manager gets 8 years for murder plot
- Police appeal to public in search for Va. student
- Buffer zone agreed on in Ukrainian peace talks
- Voters go to the polls in New Zealand election
- Ex-Salvador leader sent to prison to await trial
- France joins US against Islamic State over Iraq
- Pre-Hispanic codex returns to Mexico from London
- Virus toll nears 500,000 in Dominican Republic
- Lawyer: EU court agrees to hear Berlusconi appeal
- Paraguay: 3 guerrillas die in clash with troops
- 2 Iranians arrested in Kenya with forged passports
- Pro-independence Scots saddened by vote outcome
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!