Tonight: A few clouds with an overnight low in the mid 30s
Saturday: Increasing clouds and a little warmer with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. considers funding for $1B in transportation needs
- Burglars fail in attempt to smash into computer store
- New leader chosen for Atlanta economic development agency
- Samford professor honored by national educators' group
- Emory, Ga. Tech to build joint library service center
- Deliberations to continue in case of slain Ga. preacher
- Woman hit by truck, dragged in Johns Creek
- 6-year-old girl shot during domestic dispute in Savannah
- Atlanta mayor dissects elections, path forward for Democrats
- Ala. teacher linked to Ga. cheating scandal placed on leave
- Snowstorm death toll hits 12; flood threat looms
- Man shot, killed by Centenary College officer
- 5 family members killed on 'dream trip' to Disney
- Florida State shooter went from liked to troubled
- Newtown shooter's history reviewed in new report
- Obama sets off on a sales mission on immigration
- For Obama, a bumpy road to immigration orders
- Republicans scramble for response to Obama
- Prosecutors drop charges for 3 men 40 years later
- Ruling expected on New Jersey sports betting
- Inmates rampage in Greek prison hospital
- Strong undersea earthquake hits eastern Indonesia
- Lebanon PM cancels independence day celebrations
- Sri Lanka leader to face health minister in polls
- Polish PM: no repeat of bungled local elections
- Gambia leader approves law jailing gays for life
- Jordan arrests Islamist figure over op-ed piece
- Spanish singer goes to jail for money laundering
- Iran talks: Kerry to meet UK, French diplomats
- Ousted Burkina Faso president arrives in Morocco
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!