Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Firefighters rescue puppy from 75-foot well north of Atlanta
- 2 men killed in pair of Fourth of July shootings in Columbus
- Man drowns in Chattahoochee River northwest of Atlanta
- Girl, 16, killed by stray bullet that enters her home
- Police: Vet steals Humvee from Ga. base, runs from SC cops
- Off-duty police officer, infant killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Drone supporters say ban around Georgia Capitol goes too far
- Augusta nonprofit helping students gets accreditation
- Demolition work begins on homes near Robins Air Force Base
- Study: Ga. teachers, state workers pay more for health care
- Illegal fireworks suspected in factory, grass fires
- 6 injured in 4th of July lightning strike at RV park
- Arizona prison to relocate more than 350 additional inmates
- Boy, 7, killed during violent July 4 celebrations in Chicago
- Police: 3 found dead in coastal Maine town were parents, son
- Deteriorating nails blamed for North Carolina deck collapse
- The Latest: Crowds await Pope Francis' arrival in Ecuador
- Arraignment in officer slaying case
- Arizona prison completes relocation of hundreds of inmates
- 'Trombone Shorty' takes main stage at Essence Festival
- Saskatchewan to get military help to fight wildfires
- The Latest: Pope took time during flight to greet press
- 3 dead, 13 hurt after bomb blast at checkpoint in Kandahar
- Bomb attacks on Shiite districts kill 15 people in Iraq
- A royal milestone: Britain's Princess Charlotte christened at church on queen's estate
- Indian coast guard seizes Iranian boat, arrests 12 crew
- Israeli Cabinet reverses bill easing conversion to Judaism
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case
- Israeli Cabinet reverses policy easing conversion to Judaism
- US-led coalition carries out series of deadly strikes targeting IS militants in Raqqa
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!