Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks
- Crews pull boater's body from Chattahoochee River
- DeKalb fire officials color coding hydrants
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts
- Fire officials probing blaze at Gwinnett shopping center
- Mississippi hospital whistleblower gets $3.5M in settlement
- School funding question top task for Deal's education panel
- Ga. officials launching child vehicle safety campaign
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- WWII vet to receive honorary diploma from Ohio high school
- Navy says submarine being built to be named USS New Jersey
- A head scratcher: 9 brains found next to train tracks
- Forgotten for decades, fallen NY soldier finally honored
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home
- Saved from Sandy: Shorebird efforts are declared a success
- In the coalfields, dilapidated sites make way for renewal
- Officials: $1M spent on medical care for jailed Chicago teen
- The Latest in Cleveland: Ohio governor praises protests
- Fuel tanker truck explodes on Detroit interstate
- Ex-Pakistani PM: Son's kidnappers want militants released
- Official: Syrian army preparing for counterattack on IS
- Iraqi lawmaker slams US criticism of Iraqi military
- Dutch prime minister thanks American liberators
- Russians celebrate the saints who gave them their alphabet
- Nigerian cell phone provider needs fuel to prevent shut-down
- Thousands attend funeral of killed Burundi opposition figure
- 60th birthday for Cannes' Palme d'Or top film trophy
- Saudi Arabia says suicide bomber was Islamic State operative
- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!