Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Conditions of hikers injured in ice cave collapse improve
- Woman arrested after calling 911 with Chinese food complaint
- Man convicted in murder, dismemberment seeks new trial
- Teen catches math error in golden ratio at Boston museum
- NY to expand 'yes means yes' policy to private colleges
- SpaceX close to figuring out rocket failure during launch
- US military chiefs face tough questioning from senators
- Little information released on shooting deaths of 4 in SC
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Hospital: Nurse who dropped newborn disciplined, not fired
- Thousands endure heavy rains while awaiting pope in Ecuador
- Nuke deal remains elusive after deadline, but talks continue
- Pope's 2nd full day in Ecuador filled with meetings, Mass
- Police: Man breaks into Berlin restaurant, drinks Tabasco
- Italy holds funeral for 13 migrants killed in shipwreck
- UN chief highlights need for children's education worldwide
- UN rights chief worried by breadth of China security law
- Tunisian govt defends emergency measures
BERLIN (AP) -- The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- The Latest: Germany's Schaeuble opposes Greek debt cut
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!