Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Jimmy Carter speaks on Islamic State at forum
- 23 arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Army National Guard troops return from Afghanistan
- Mystery substance prompts tests of Ga. river water
- Woman found guilty, mentally ill in deputy attack
- Death certificate: Rapper Tim Dog died last year
- Obama: Ebola outbreak 'spiraling out of control'
- Boat manufacturing company expanding in south Ga.
- Bipartisan demilitarization bill introduced
- Self-help book has more teams riding 'Energy Bus'
- Lava on Hawaii continues moving through vacant lot
- Search for Md. sisters missing since 1975 resumes
- House passes 'no welfare for weed' bill
- House passes bills highlighting IRS controversy
- Atlas V rocket launches, taking satellite aloft
- Clergy seek pardon of inmate freed 90 years early
- Penn. editor, Conn. newspaper get diversity award
- Man accused of trying to aid Islamic State group
- Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage
- Lumber town takes stock after wind-driven wildfire
- S. Korea detain US man in waters near border
- US organizing summit on UN peacekeeping next week
- UN leader begins term during period of 'tumult'
- Doctor to provide medical update on Toronto mayor
- Brazil removed from UN World Hunger Map
- Ban: UN 'taking lead' on global fight of Ebola
- Russian billionaire placed under house arrest
- Tracing the rise of Ebola in West Africa
- Egypt minister projects 6% growth in 3 years
- Syrian aircraft crashes in city held by IS group
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!