Friday: Very hot and humid with an afternoon high in the mid to upper 90s. A Heat Index above 100. Only a slight chance for an afternoon t-shower.
Friday Night: A fair ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Heat prompts changes in routines for police horses
- Fugitive squad to search for shooting suspect
- GA man gets life sentence in teen's shooting death
- American Ebola doc urges help fighting outbreak
- New leadership chosen for Ga. transportation board
- Search for man accused of shooting at Ga. officer
- Ga. woman shoots suspected burglar through door
- Police search for man in officer-involved shooting
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Senate forum
- 2 Georgia men sentenced in robbery, assault
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Slaying of American reopens debate on ransoms
- Obama faces options in Iraq and Syria
- National Guard to withdraw from a quieter Ferguson
- Israel, Palestinians trade fire; 2 killed in Gaza
- Mud, slides close roads, trap motorists in Wash.
- Vermont dignitaries expected for Jeffords funeral
- 2 men face charges in suburban Chicago standoff
- Oklahoma policeman accused of sex assaults on duty
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68
- 2 French teen girls probed as would-be jihadis
- China's Xi courts public opinion in Mongolia
- German policeman on trial in dismemberment killing
- Europe, US mull UN resolution on Gaza truce
- Ukraine claims wins over rebels but progress slow
- Malaysia prepares to receive bodies from M17 crash
- Mexico nabs suspects with 10,000 sea turtle eggs
- Charges dropped against Venezuelan protesters
- Police tear gas, water cannons at Chilean protest
- Liberia distributes food in slum sealed to stop Ebola
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!