Today: Sunny to partly sunny and hot with an afternoon high in the lower 90s. An isolated shower over the Blue Ridge Mtns. A southwest wind at 5-10mph.
Tonight: A few clouds and muggy with an overnight low in the low 70s.
Sunday: ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah displays maps tracing city's origins
- Excursions set for Okefenokee, Cumberland Island
- Course offered for commercial license instructors
- Hundreds of demonstrators rally in Atlanta over war in Gaza
- Dueling ethics complaints filed in Ga. gov race
- Judge approves bonds to finance new Braves stadium
- Dozens in Atlanta rally on either side of Gaza war
- Ex-secretary in Douglas Co. DA's office indicted
- Hundreds see James Brown film premiere in Augusta
- Gunman robs Athens sex shop, assaults customer
- Parents of Australian victim visit crash site
- Wildfire burns 2 structures, forces evacuations
- Evacuation order lifted in northern Utah
- Official: Hospital gunman intended to kill others
- Police hunt for 2 who carjacked SUV, killed 3 kids
- No truce, but 12-hour lull in Gaza fighting begins
- California to have 4 governors in 4 days next week
- Arizona's McCain: Execution was torture
- Defense Department employee gets 2 years in prison
- Police still investigating after burglar killed
- French minister calls on protesters to observe ban
- Hungary leader says NGOs serving foreign interests
- Diplomats call for extension of Gaza cease-fire
BEIT HANOUN, Gaza Strip (AP) -- Gaza officials now say at least 985 Palestinians have been killed and more than 6,000 wounded in 19 days of conflict with Israel. Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip have also destroyed hundreds of homes and sent tens of thousands fleeing.
- Planes fly more victims from Ukraine crash site
- 2 critics of Swaziland government sentenced
- Russia: EU sanctions weaken anti-terrorism efforts
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce efforts stall
- War crimes commission takes aim at Islamic State
- Ukrainian president: Confidence vote Thursday
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!