Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency
- Former sheriff's major convicted in corruption trial
- 3 convicted in anti-government militia plot receive 12 years
- 3 men sentenced to prison in anti-government militia plot
- Police investigate murder-suicide of parents in Georgia
- Georgia man guilty for 2nd time of stealing sea turtle eggs
- The Latest: Florida, South Carolina prepare as storm nears
- Budget on Georgia nuclear plant level, uncertainty remains
- Illinois will be first state to lock painkiller pill bottles
- Miami security guard shot at Metrorail station dies
- The Latest: Parade in Lower 9th Ward commemorates Katrina
- Hearing set for mom who drove 3 kids into ocean
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest
- Bystander dies after being shot by NYPD undercover officer
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field
- Hometown names school for teacher killed at Newtown
- FBI investigates after international flight diverted
- Police sometimes turn on the citizen with a smartphone video
- Burkina Faso court rejects candidate of former ruling party
- Pakistan army kills 14 suspected militants near Afghanistan
- Young migrant found suffocated in boat off Greek island
- Storm dissipates after killing at least 20 in Caribbean
- The Latest: Lebanese group threaten to escalate protests
- Iran president opposes parliament vote on nuclear deal
- Russia denounces Latvian ban on news agency
- The Latest: Thousands march in Lebanon for government reform
- Officials: 7 die in Nigeria air force plane crash
- Leaders discuss possible new Ukraine summit, France says
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!