Monday: Increasing Clouds and warm with highs in the upper 70s to around 80. Winds out of the south at 5-10mph.
Monday Night: Mostly cloudy with a few scattered ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fundraising begins for university campus in Newnan
- NC authorities: 10-month-old girl abducted by dad
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Sheriff: Log rolls over, kills boy in Washington
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party
- 4-year-old half siblings die in accidental NY fire
- Memorial for 11 serial-killing victims needs $250K
- Obama, family cause a small stir at Easter service
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon
- Anti-junta Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after gear fails
- 8 killed in Finland parachutist plane accident
- 8 dead in northern Mexico plane crash
- Kuwait court shuts 2 newspapers over coup articles
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help; sub continues search for missing plane
- 4 French journalists freed from Syria captors home
- Egypt gunmen kill intelligence officer near Cairo
- Road accident kills 36 in southern Pakistan
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!