Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Man dies after Ga. deputy uses Taser on him
- Cause of Cobb County apartment fire under investigation
- Immigrants with disputed status sue for GA driver's licenses
- Tropical Storm Fred moving away from Cape Verde Islands
- Georgia sheriff expects 'rapid' probe over racist graffiti
- More mosquitoes test positive for West Nile virus in DeKalb
- Seattle-based frozen seafood producer opens Georgia plant
- Ga. DOT to pause interstate construction for holiday weekend
- Explosion investigated at burning Marietta apartment complex
- Archery hunter recovering after Idaho grizzly bear attack
- Police officer facing arrest for burglary kills himself
- Man accused of harassing American Indian students cleared
- Pope adds Central Park to list of New York City stops
- Man dies after Georgia deputy uses stun gun on him
- The Latest: Clerk called to hearing over marriage licences
- Police: Teen impersonates officer, tries to stop real cop
- Alabama county must pay attorney fees in civil rights case
- Justice Department sides with Planned Parenthood in lawsuit
- WWII vet transmitted news of Japanese surrender 70 years ago
- Dutch government to appeal landmark climate change ruling
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Helen Mirren lead London Film Fest
- Kuwait refers 26 to court following major weapons bust
- Somali militants overrun base of African Union forces
- UN agency predicts El Nino to be among strongest since 1950
- Nigeria ex-security adviser denies weapons charge
- UNESCO chief: IS destruction of Syrian temple 'intolerable'
- Extremists attack Malian army checkpoint, killing 2 soldiers
- IMF head: Global growth likely to be weaker than expected
- Lawyer: Turkey arrested journalist to deter foreign media
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!