Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GBI investigates shooting of man by Sandy Springs police
- Beverly Hall lawyers say she's still too sick to stand trial
- Gwinnett man gets 5 years for stealing insurance premiums
- Cobb County jury convicts man for helping girlfriend steal
- Judges appointed in Northern, Waycross and Coweta circuits
- Gingrey appointed to Georgia World Congress Center board
- Kennesaw State offers free tuberculosis testing
- Employee charged with stealing gifts during Macon weddings
- Police: Atlanta area man shot dead trying to rob dog breeder
- Flu hospitalizations of elderly hit record high, CDC says
- City will pay $3.9M in 2012 NY police shooting of Bronx teen
- Air Force instructor gets 20 years in prison for rapes
- Finished: Pit to access broken Seattle tunneling machine
- Motorcycle crash victim meets donors whose blood saved him
- Venezuela uses detained reporter in tourism promo
- More measles cases found in California
- Ow, ow, owl: Birders ID culprit in Salem jogger attacks
- Brandeis University president to step down, take job at Yale
- Judge to rule on motion to end veterans parade crash trial
- Jury deliberations break for weekend in Toyota Camry case
- German World War II panzer ace Otto Carius dies at 92
- Test of gun finds only DNA of deceased Argentine prosecutor
- Venezuela allows security forces to use firearms in protests
- Thousands protest right-wingers at Vienna ball, 38 detained
- Kurd allies fighting IS in north Iraq hampered by rivalries
- 5 may face preliminary charges over jihadi network in France
- Venezuela confirms it downed plane near Aruba
- Ukraine to ask UN states to call Russia a terrorism sponsor
- African Union postpones report on South Sudan atrocities
- EU antiterror chief calls for common laws against jihadis
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!