Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid/upper 60s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and hot with an afternoon high in the lower 90s. An isolated shower over the Blue Ridge Mtns. A southwest wind at 5-10mph.
Saturday ... More...
SPEAK OUT Conference Announced
Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith announced the Hamilton County Board of Education and the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC) will host the 11th Annual Student SPEAK OUT Conference on Friday, February 1, 2013, at The Chattanoogan from 8:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The SSAC is an organization comprised of students representing every high school who meet regularly with the Superintendent. The conference is sponsored by the Federal Character Education Partnership Grant. The entire conference will be student led.
Each high school selected five students to attend the conference. They will engage in the following focus group discussions led by student members of the SSAC:
-- Has bullying risen to a new low for peer interaction? What solutions can make a difference?
-- What rights do students have when it comes to religious expression in the schools?
-- How will e-books improve student achievement?
-- How does self-esteem/confidence improve student achievement?
-- What are the pros and cons of internet usage and social networking?
-- Do schools effectively deal with drugs, alcohol and tobacco?
-- How does character development impact decision making in schools today?
SPEAK OUT Conference Announced
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-secretary in Douglas Co. DA's office indicted
- Hundreds see James Brown film premiere in Augusta
- Gunman robs Athens sex shop, assaults customer
- Airport plan prompts pollution, noise concerns
- Ethics complaint filed over New York fundraiser
- Jury convicts man of killing pregnant girlfriend
- Woman shot, killed by police south of Atlanta
- Man shot in Sandy Springs dies at hospital
- UGA seeking vice president for instruction
- Atlanta federal offices to reopen after outage
- Big family hit by Sandy to share lottery winnings
- House Ethics panel investigating 2 congressmen
- Argentina debt talks deadlocked as default looms
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii copter crash
- Justice Dept. monitoring NYC police death probe
- 7th Circuit sets hearing on gay marriage ban
- House, Senate chairs resume talks on VA
- Comic-Con gets first look at 'Mockingjay' trailer
- No verdict yet in Ventura case; jury back Monday
- Women define trauma to share $190M Hopkins payout
- Ukrainian president: Confidence vote Thursday
- Russia: McDonald's food has 'too many calories'
- Nigeria confirms first Ebola death
- French investigators head to Mali crash site
- Venezuela official seeks immunity in Aruba ruling
- Afghan Taliban leader warns against pact with US
- US fighter jets escort plane back to Toronto
- Hezbollah leader vows to support Gazans
- Oil company worker from Malta is abducted in Libya
- Top German court rejects suit on Eichmann files
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!