Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible late. An overnight low in the upper 30s. The rain could fall as a light wintry mix at higher elevations and north during the overnight hours. Rainfall amounts should be light.
Saturday: Some light rain ... More...
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
St. Peter’s Episcopal School’s board of Trustees is pleased to announce the appointment of Donna S. Mallett, Ed. S. as the new Head of School.
Mrs. Mallett brings more than 20 years of education experience to St. Peter’s. Most recently, she served as Principal at Tattnall Square Academy in Macon, Georgia and also Head of School at St. George’s Episcopal School, Milner, Georgia. Her broad prior experience also includes serving as Accreditation Team Chairperson for the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Mrs. Mallett succeeds Kathy Lanza who is retiring after serving St. Peter’s for an amazing 31 years.
Bill Winchester, chair of St. Peter’s Board of Trustees, offers “Donna's resume, while most impressive, does little to exemplify the traits, skills, and characteristics she brings with her to St. Peter's. After just a few short weeks, students, staff, and parents are all raving about her! Her desire to reach out to make every child at St. Peter's feel special is driven by her love for education and for the future of these children. St. Peter's future is here and her name is Donna Mallett!”
The announcement concludes a long search process by a search committee composed of members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, parents and parents of alumni guided by consultants from the Independent School Counsel (ISC), the Southeast's leading independent school consulting group and one of the fastest-growing school resource firms in the United States. After considering an outstanding group of candidates, Mrs. Mallett was chosen to guide, to inspire, and to lead St. Peter’s School during the next exciting phase of our future. Todd Tindall, Chair of the Search Committee, adds “replacing a high quality individual like Kathy Lanza certainly was a daunting task, but the search committee and our consultants believe we have found a dynamic leader to continue the wonderful culture and traditions of St Peters. Donna Mallett is an enthusiastic educator with outstanding qualifications with a nurturing nature. She represents all the traits you could want in a leader and is focused on putting our children's needs first.”
Mrs. Mallett earned her B.S. in Early Childhood Education from Mercer University, her Masters in Educational Leadership (M. Ed.) and her Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed. S.) from Georgia College and State University. She began her career in the classroom teaching various K-8th grade classes before assuming an administrative role as Academic Dean. She will begin her tenure at St. Peter’s Episcopal School on January 1, 2013.
“The past two weeks have been filled with indescribable excitement as I have embraced the future as Head of School at St. Peter’s Episcopal School. My family and I view the opportunity to live and learn in this exemplary school and in the Chattanooga community as a gift of great value, one which we will cherish more and more in the days and years to come. The opportunity to lead and to serve at St. Peter’s Episcopal School allows me to pursue my passion for the education of students in an extraordinary school that has clarity of mission and a purposeful vision. The future is brimming with possibility as we begin the next chapter at St. Peter’s Episcopal School!”
Founded in 1965, St. Peter’s Episopal School is an independent, coeducational PreK through 5th grade elementary school. Guided by the vision that all children are unique, faculty and staff strive to create a space where children can discover their gifts and fulfill the school motto of “Learning to Love, Loving to Learn. For more information, please contact Rana Hill, email@example.com.
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Dublin VA chief says waits still too long
- Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- 3rd person dies after shooting at Macon nightclub
- Ex-Cub Scout leader sent to prison in child molestation case
- Dalton police officer faces child molestation charge
- Gwinnett County school board approves new attendance zones
- Ga. police offer holiday shipping safety tips
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- NY pain doctor gets prison in manslaughter case
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- Bob Simpson, co-developer of Saffir-Simpson scale, dies
- Obama calls on women only at news conference
- Lava could reach Hawaii shopping center in 8 days
- Lawyer: Child molester won't testify in 1979 case
- Attorneys for jailed ex-billionaire seek his release
- US nurse exposed to Ebola released from DC hospital
- China leader cautions against external forces
- Franciscan religious order in `grave' financial crisis
- North Korea denies connection with Sony hacking
- UN urging Taliban to reduce Afghan civilian casualties
- German Amazon strikes to last until Christmas Eve
- Brazil to study legalization of medical marijuana
- Israeli military says Gaza rocket hits Israel
- Little-known book by pope outlines views, hopes for Cuba
- Suspected bomb found under N. Ireland soldier's car
- 9 migrants drown off Morocco coast
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!