Sunday Night: Isolated showers with temperatures holding steady in the lower to mid 50s. Winds from the southeast ... More...
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
St. Peter’s Episcopal School’s board of Trustees is pleased to announce the appointment of Donna S. Mallett, Ed. S. as the new Head of School.
Mrs. Mallett brings more than 20 years of education experience to St. Peter’s. Most recently, she served as Principal at Tattnall Square Academy in Macon, Georgia and also Head of School at St. George’s Episcopal School, Milner, Georgia. Her broad prior experience also includes serving as Accreditation Team Chairperson for the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Mrs. Mallett succeeds Kathy Lanza who is retiring after serving St. Peter’s for an amazing 31 years.
Bill Winchester, chair of St. Peter’s Board of Trustees, offers “Donna's resume, while most impressive, does little to exemplify the traits, skills, and characteristics she brings with her to St. Peter's. After just a few short weeks, students, staff, and parents are all raving about her! Her desire to reach out to make every child at St. Peter's feel special is driven by her love for education and for the future of these children. St. Peter's future is here and her name is Donna Mallett!”
The announcement concludes a long search process by a search committee composed of members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, parents and parents of alumni guided by consultants from the Independent School Counsel (ISC), the Southeast's leading independent school consulting group and one of the fastest-growing school resource firms in the United States. After considering an outstanding group of candidates, Mrs. Mallett was chosen to guide, to inspire, and to lead St. Peter’s School during the next exciting phase of our future. Todd Tindall, Chair of the Search Committee, adds “replacing a high quality individual like Kathy Lanza certainly was a daunting task, but the search committee and our consultants believe we have found a dynamic leader to continue the wonderful culture and traditions of St Peters. Donna Mallett is an enthusiastic educator with outstanding qualifications with a nurturing nature. She represents all the traits you could want in a leader and is focused on putting our children's needs first.”
Mrs. Mallett earned her B.S. in Early Childhood Education from Mercer University, her Masters in Educational Leadership (M. Ed.) and her Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed. S.) from Georgia College and State University. She began her career in the classroom teaching various K-8th grade classes before assuming an administrative role as Academic Dean. She will begin her tenure at St. Peter’s Episcopal School on January 1, 2013.
“The past two weeks have been filled with indescribable excitement as I have embraced the future as Head of School at St. Peter’s Episcopal School. My family and I view the opportunity to live and learn in this exemplary school and in the Chattanooga community as a gift of great value, one which we will cherish more and more in the days and years to come. The opportunity to lead and to serve at St. Peter’s Episcopal School allows me to pursue my passion for the education of students in an extraordinary school that has clarity of mission and a purposeful vision. The future is brimming with possibility as we begin the next chapter at St. Peter’s Episcopal School!”
Founded in 1965, St. Peter’s Episopal School is an independent, coeducational PreK through 5th grade elementary school. Guided by the vision that all children are unique, faculty and staff strive to create a space where children can discover their gifts and fulfill the school motto of “Learning to Love, Loving to Learn. For more information, please contact Rana Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 12-year-old boy fatally shot in Savannah
- Forecasters warn of heavy rain, damaging wind in Georgia
- State details project list of affordable housing
- Atlanta's Fernbank Museum set to expand
- EPA proposes plan to clean contaminated Ga. marshland
- GA lawmaker wants schools to go digital by 2020
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Accounting oversight triggers Ga. hospital layoffs
- Georgia State to create media production center
- Evacuation plans readied as Buffalo flooding looms
- Governor says evacuation, shelter plans being made in case of flooding
- Thruway fully open after western NY snow cleared
- Hunter dies after accidentally shooting himself
- Mother who shot children dies from her injuries
- Vatican prosecutor didn't report abusive priest
- Man ID'd who lit house on fire, ambushed officers
- Iggy Azalea, Taylor Swift set for 2014 AMAs
- Relatives question honor for civil rights workers
- Obama expresses sadness at death of Marion Barry
- Evacuations in Cape Verde after volcano erupts
- Muslim clerics meet in Iran to counter extremists
- Iran releases British-Iranian woman on bail
- Tunisians hold landmark presidential election
- Nigeria: Dozens dead in suspected extremist attack
- Egypt willing to send troops to future Palestine
- Kenya's deputy president condemns extremist attack
- Syrian rebels attack besieged Shiite villages
- Iran: Nuclear talks may focus on an extension
- All Malaysia flight wreckage recovered in Ukraine
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!