Today: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s. A lighter breeze from the north at 10-15.
Tonight: A clear sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s (30s possible again mountains and away ... More...
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
St. Peter’s Episcopal School’s board of Trustees is pleased to announce the appointment of Donna S. Mallett, Ed. S. as the new Head of School.
Mrs. Mallett brings more than 20 years of education experience to St. Peter’s. Most recently, she served as Principal at Tattnall Square Academy in Macon, Georgia and also Head of School at St. George’s Episcopal School, Milner, Georgia. Her broad prior experience also includes serving as Accreditation Team Chairperson for the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Mrs. Mallett succeeds Kathy Lanza who is retiring after serving St. Peter’s for an amazing 31 years.
Bill Winchester, chair of St. Peter’s Board of Trustees, offers “Donna's resume, while most impressive, does little to exemplify the traits, skills, and characteristics she brings with her to St. Peter's. After just a few short weeks, students, staff, and parents are all raving about her! Her desire to reach out to make every child at St. Peter's feel special is driven by her love for education and for the future of these children. St. Peter's future is here and her name is Donna Mallett!”
The announcement concludes a long search process by a search committee composed of members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, parents and parents of alumni guided by consultants from the Independent School Counsel (ISC), the Southeast's leading independent school consulting group and one of the fastest-growing school resource firms in the United States. After considering an outstanding group of candidates, Mrs. Mallett was chosen to guide, to inspire, and to lead St. Peter’s School during the next exciting phase of our future. Todd Tindall, Chair of the Search Committee, adds “replacing a high quality individual like Kathy Lanza certainly was a daunting task, but the search committee and our consultants believe we have found a dynamic leader to continue the wonderful culture and traditions of St Peters. Donna Mallett is an enthusiastic educator with outstanding qualifications with a nurturing nature. She represents all the traits you could want in a leader and is focused on putting our children's needs first.”
Mrs. Mallett earned her B.S. in Early Childhood Education from Mercer University, her Masters in Educational Leadership (M. Ed.) and her Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed. S.) from Georgia College and State University. She began her career in the classroom teaching various K-8th grade classes before assuming an administrative role as Academic Dean. She will begin her tenure at St. Peter’s Episcopal School on January 1, 2013.
“The past two weeks have been filled with indescribable excitement as I have embraced the future as Head of School at St. Peter’s Episcopal School. My family and I view the opportunity to live and learn in this exemplary school and in the Chattanooga community as a gift of great value, one which we will cherish more and more in the days and years to come. The opportunity to lead and to serve at St. Peter’s Episcopal School allows me to pursue my passion for the education of students in an extraordinary school that has clarity of mission and a purposeful vision. The future is brimming with possibility as we begin the next chapter at St. Peter’s Episcopal School!”
Founded in 1965, St. Peter’s Episopal School is an independent, coeducational PreK through 5th grade elementary school. Guided by the vision that all children are unique, faculty and staff strive to create a space where children can discover their gifts and fulfill the school motto of “Learning to Love, Loving to Learn. For more information, please contact Rana Hill, email@example.com.
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal, Carter discuss gun laws, reforms at forum
- Group blocks Atlanta freeway in police protest
- Authorities in Ga. arrest 18 in child porn raids
- Body recovered from burned out car in Clarke Co.
- Fort Stewart deploying 32 soldiers to fight Ebola
- Georgia Aquarium says beluga whale is pregnant
- Ga. hospital to pay $8.4 million in settlement
- Feds find no violations at SC nuke fuel plant
- Deal promises review of Georgia's school funding
- Rome leaders consider trail to link area colleges
- 3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings
- AP-GfK Poll: Many doubt hospitals can handle Ebola
- Police track Indiana slaying suspect's movements
- PTSD argued in case of Marine jailed in Mexico
- Chicago jail escapee sentenced to 36 years
- GOP Sen. Collins, Democrat Bellows debate in Maine
- 4 candidates for NY governor debate
- Man apprehended after jumping White House fence
- Obama invites Afghanistan's new leaders to US
- AP-GfK Poll: Public wants tighter Ebola screening
- Police: Gunmen kill 8 Shiite Muslims in Pakistan
- Canada's PM says shooting rampage was terrorism
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- No motive cited in Ottawa attack
- Gunman, soldier dead after shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Mexico: Mayor linked to deadly attack on students
- Tourists watch solar alignment in Egypt temple
- Canada had raised domestic terror threat level yesterday
- Ottawa hospital says it treated 3 shooting victims
- Witness describes shooting of soldier at Canadian war memorial
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!