Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah school deemed safe after Freon scare
- Deputies find body inside apartment after report of gunfire
- Scholars edit, compile works of poet T.S. Eliot
- Richmond County deputy resigns after family violence arrest
- Presidential 'peanut poll' opens at Georgia National Fair
- Gwinnett County instructor accused of sexual assault
- Future films top songs for BET Hip-Hop Awards' pre show
- Wiz Khalifa, De La Soul, 2 Chainz headline A3C festival
- Clinton racks up elected Dems in Georgia
- Burke County football player dies 2 weeks after collapsing
- Air Force: French train hero stabbed in California
- The Latest: Columbia works on new plan to secure water
- FBI director say US has gotten better at screening refugees
- The Latest: VW exec denies that top officials knew of cheat
- Warden resigns at jail where inmate murder suspect escaped
- Police: Officer accidentally wounds man while shooting dog
- Devastating coral bleaching spreads across globe; scientists blame climate change, El Nino
- Habitat for Humanity cancels Jimmy Carter build in Nepal
- Police find suspect after stolen car crashes at Fort Meade
- Punkin Chunkin pumpkin flinging event canceled in Delaware
- Qatar royal sentenced by Prague court
- The Latest: Slovakia to help police Hungary's borders
- No-fly zone to be enforced over William and Kate's home
- Actor Daniel Craig: I'm over James Bond
- The Latest: Hungary OKs border help from EU, NATO forces
- The Latest: Attacker killed after Tel Aviv stabbing
- The Latest: Hayatou says he won't stand in FIFA election
- Hamburgers might be on the menu for Russian astronauts
- Regional bloc: South Sudan factions violated truce 53 times
- The Latest: Swedish police remove Palestinian migrant camp
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!