Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia sues over distribution of state law annotations
- Ex-Georgia deputy sheriff pleads not guilty in botched raid
- GA sues nonprofit over distribution of state law annotations
- Ex-Ga. deputy sheriff pleads not guilty in botched raid
- `I am an American' says man who tried to join Islamic state
- Ex-prison guard accused of forcing inmates to have sex
- Fire crews find body while dousing blaze at mobile home
- Residents say sweltering heat persists at Atlanta apartments
- Stray bullet kills woman, 81, as she played cards on porch
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater
- End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation and alarm
- Christian retreat official 'heartbroken' over stabbings
- Lottery to be held for regional rail passes for papal visit
- The Latest: Colorado gunman's dad: He was 'excellent kid'
- Ex-officer pleads not guilty in raid that hurt toddler
- Goodell upholds Brady suspension, says Brady had his cell phone destroyed
- If USOC finds a new city, Boston debacle will be forgotten
- Officials: No connection between Pollard parole and Iran nuclear deal
- Scott Walker orders American on cheesesteaks, avoiding gaffe
- Lawyer: Mitchell acknowledges 'horrible mistake'
- Shooting in Lebanon refugee camp leaves 2 dead, 3 wounded
- Last wild horse dies on Bahamas' Great Abaco island
- The Latest: UN official voices concern about Syria safe zone
- Chile dictatorship burning attack victim: justice arrived
- Mexico national soccer coach fired after journalist's claim
- Canadian military commander facing 10 sex-related charges
- 2 Canadian men get 12-year sentences in Ponzi scheme
- The Latest: Iraqi PM speaks out against Turkish airstrikes
- Critically endangered northern white rhino dies at Czech zoo
- Jordan court sentences 12 in alleged Hamas plot
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!