Tonight: A fair sky and comfortable with an overnight low near 60 (50s away from the city)
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny with ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police dog missing since manhunt is found alive
- Man found shot to death in driveway of home
- Georgia's jobless rate rises to 8.1 percent
- 3 Fantasy 5 players win $73,862.46 jackpots
- Florida Lotto jackpot rises to $27 million
- Jury won't consider deaths in Ga. salmonella trial
- Zoo Atlanta offering Pre-K discount
- Investigator: 28 forged docs in registration probe
- GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
- Sale of Rogers' Rangers New York site is completed
- Judge doubts Oklahoma ready for Nov. 13 execution
- NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
- Police: Officers fatally shoot man near St. Louis
- NY man denies plotting to aid Islamic State group
- Missouri officer smelled pot before Taser incident
- Report: Progress 'modest' on upping embassy safety
- Federal charges for pair in Amish kidnapping case
- House veterans divided on Syria measure
- Slain trooper eulogized as impeccable officer
- Couple in Craigslist slaying sentenced to life
- Greece: March to honor slain rapper turns violent
- Israeli museum unveils ancient Jewish prayer book
- British hostage appears in new video
- Scots decide whether to declare independence
- Islamic State fighters capture 21 Kurdish villages in northern Syria near Turkish border
- Turkey says it plans to stop flow of IS fighters
- NATO to fast-track rapid-reaction force
- Leading Bahrain activist released from jail
- US: Syrian rebel training may start in 3 months
- Pakistan rescues thousands as floods hit south
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!