Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Singer Jamie Barton wins the 'Heisman Trophy' of music
- At Civil War's end, a steamboat disaster that history forgot
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission
- Police say Lil Wayne tour bus struck by bullets
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 2 Savannah policemen among Reservists going to Middle East
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- The Latest: Facebook activates Safety Check for Nepal
- US gas prices jump 13 cents a gallon; could go slightly up
- Family, friends in Baltimore mourn death of arrested man
- Union: Judge won't dismiss officer's manslaughter case
- Kerry to see Iranian FM as nuke talks hit end phase
- Professor 'mortified' after sending porn link to students
- Elvis Presley's planes to remain at Graceland
- Dog reunited with Utah family after 2 years apart
- Girl with leukemia dismissed from school offered return
- Japan's prime minister kicks off US visit in Boston
- Soldiers clear ash from around Chile's Calbuco volcano
- By BINAJ GURUBACHARYA and KATY DAIGLE
- Australia says Indonesia gave 72 hours notice of executions
- Official: Palestinian operatives helped free Syria hostages
- Palestinian official skeptical about next Israeli government
- Saudi Arabia: Military training aircraft crashes, killing 2
- France detains second suspect in thwarted attack probe
- Saudi-led airstrikes hit Yemen rebels in capital, south
- Putin accuses US of supporting separatists in Russia
- Nigeria recalls diplomats from South Africa over attacks
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!