Today: Mostly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s.
Tonight: Clouds returning and not as cold with an overnight low in the mid to upper 40s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent
- Atlanta to host jazz concert, party in cemetery
- Funerals scheduled for 2 Atlanta firefighters
- Georgia State appoints first innovation officer
- Ex-Ga. sheriff's deputy convicted of battery
- Deal signs medical school scholarship regulation
- GA insurance commissioner releases enrollment data
- 2 charged in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father
- Thousands using new Ga. online voter registration
- US transportation secretary visits Atlanta
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before US appeals court
- Little government response to bombing a year later
- Texas town recovering year after deadly blast
- Owners end legal fight, sell land to Summit County
- Blast at Tennessee plant kills 1, injures 3
- Number of missing in Washington mudslide drops
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Troopers issue report on fatal Fla. day care crash
- Rights groups ask Nepal to scarp amnesty bill
- Journalists charged with defaming Thailand's navy
- Moderate earthquake jolts southern Iran
- India struggles with rebel threats during election
- Ukraine, US to alternately cajole, threaten Russia
- Conditions hampering search of South Korea ferry
- Malaysian lawmaker and lawyer Karpal Singh dies
- Lawyers in 9/11 at Gitmo case seek to question FBI
- uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- Nigerian military: 100+ kidnapped students free
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!