Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Couple in Ga. shot dead after responding to Craigslist offer
- High court won't halt Georgia execution
- Woman, 3 children found dead in suburban Atlanta apartment
- Metro Atlanta areas picked for high speed Google Internet
- Tyson Foods planning $110 million expansion of Ga. plant
- 3 ex-Ga. court reporters sentenced on racketeering charges
- Train derails, chemical spills in Allendale County
- Obama floats offering first-ever drilling lease in Atlantic
- Norfolk Southern to close Roanoke building, move 500 jobs
- Ga. man who killed a fellow prisoner to be executed Tuesday
- Fed is expected to remain 'patient' about a first rate hike
- Govt tells agents to ID which immigrants not to deport
- Ex-Los Alamos scientist in nuke spy sting to be sentenced
- Senate to begin hearings for Obama attorney general nominee
- How much snow fell vs. how much was forecast
- Freedom House sees disturbing global decline in democracy
- Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast 2nd-guessing
- Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett among duets set for Grammy Awards
- More potential jurors released from theater shooting trial
- The latest on the Northeast snowstorm
- Israel military says its airstrikes target Syrian army posts
- Lawyers, activists demand Sri Lankan chief justice to resign
- Communist cadres in Tibet punished for helping Dalai Lama
- Mother makes emotional appeal to Japanese leader to save son
- Vietnam helicopter crashes, killing 4 soldiers
- Court rules Australia held 157 Sri Lankans at sea legally
- Australian leader vows to consult more widely on knighthoods
- Mexico AG: Captured drug lord 'Chapo' Guzman to stay put
- Obama, Merkel discuss increased violence in Ukraine
- Somali prime minister appoints new Cabinet
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!