Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 arrested, others sought after gunfire at Ga. Army base
- Judge: No juror misconduct in Ga. peanut trial convictions
- Judge delays sentencing for Ala woman in daughter's slaying
- Guns, training gun found where police say sheriff shot woman
- Dredging of Savannah harbor won't start until December
- Third Ga. man pleads guilty in anti-government militia plot
- Thunderstorms, high winds expected in north, central Ga.
- Man fatally shot by central Ga. sheriff's deputy
- Phillip Lucas appointed AP reporter in Birmingham, Alabama
- Suspect arrested in 2002 death of Georgia college professor
- Latest on flooding: Body pulled from Houston Ship Channel
- At least 20 years in prison awaits Silk Road founder
- Manhunt underway in Kansas after officer shot in head
- USS Arizona Memorial dock repairs expected to take a week
- 1st tropical storm of Pacific season strengthens off Mexico
- Timeline of the career of ex-US House Speaker Dennis Hastert
- Latest on flooding: River below flood stage in North Texas
- Man gets 50 years in shooting at National Guard armory
- Search dogs aiding efforts after Texas floods need care
- Latest on flooding: Body found along Central Texas riverbank
- Ex-Guatemala vice president's properties raided amid scandal
- Volcano erupts on southern Japanese island
- Thai official warns of 'alarming level' of boat people
- Asian nations meet to discuss Rohingya migrant crisis
- THE LATEST: US will vote for Prince Ali in FIFA election
- 200,000 shark fins seized at Ecuadorean port
- THE LATEST: Brazilian soccer federation head leaves Zurich
- THE LATEST: FIFA scandal has big implications in Brazil
- South Africa's 2010 World Cup bid implicated in corruption probe
- 2 ex-Guantanamo Bay detainees to tie the knot in Uruguay
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!