Tonight: Some high clouds moving through, but mostly a fair sky with an overnight low in the low/mid 40s (30s possible again mountains and away from the city)
Friday: Morning clouds, then sunny to partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Body in burned car identified as Atlanta woman
- Georgia probate judge guilty of embezzlement
- In Ga. Senate race, Nunn stumps across north Ga.
- Marietta firm proposes purchase of newspapers
- Plea deal in FAMU case is off the table
- Perdue urging conservatives in final bus tour
- Burned dogs showing up at Georgia animal hospital
- Homeowner kills man during shootout near Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7.3 percent
- Metro Athens has lowest jobless metro jobless rate
- Missouri police preparing for grand jury decision
- Obama offers federal help to NY with Ebola case
- NY doctor back from Guinea has Ebola
- Police: Hatchet-wielding suspect shot by officers
- Judge dismisses cases in IRS political controversy
- Tornado rips roofs in Washington state
- Police: Officers in Arizona shoot man with machete
- Nebraska students charged in alcohol death
- NCAA asks court to end Penn State legal battle
- ACLU: Kansas court hearing on gay marriage is off
- Poland's Tusk denies claim on partition offer
- 1st Ebola case in W. African nation of Mali
- Jailed Bangladesh ex-Islamist leader dies
- Protesters in HK to vote on staying in streets
- Malaysian man crawls for 3 days after car smash
- China launches experimental moon orbiter
- Student's mysterious death sparks Mexico protests
- Mexican governor steps aside over disappearances
- Gestapo impostor tricked Nazi sympathizers in WWII
- 1 killed, 11 injured in German gas pipe explosion
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!