Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Person of interest in Macon woman's death found dead
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US after Liberia trip
- Correction: Unattended Child Campaign story
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle
- Police arrest man after car involved in 2 police chases
- 2 arrested in Savannah after car broadsides police car
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- East Point police investigate shooting of security guard
- Man found in Chattahoochee may have fallen from boat
- Egypt allows Gazans to return home through border crossing
- NFL player Ray McDonald posts bail after California arrest
- Horses return to Mackinac Island in rite of spring
- 3 burglars share tips of trade in crime prevention video
- Bones in SF Bay Area found to be student missing since 1982
- Reported tornado leaves 1 dead, 4 hurt in Texas
- The Latest: Reported tornado leaves 1 dead, 4 hurt in Texas
- Roller coaster fan notches 5,000th ride on historic coaster
- Rough surf off Florida creates dangerous swimming conditions, complicates rescues
- The Latest: Search suspended in flood-ravaged Texas county
- More migrants reach Greece, approaching 1,200 in 2 days
- Report: Israeli leader offers talks over settlement blocs
- Iran begins trial of detained Washington Post reporter
- Report: Iran summons Saudi envoy over Yemen strike
- Australia to pass law to strip citizenship for terror crimes
- China downplays South China Sea island development
- Galapagos Island volcano erupts first time in 33 years
- Taiwan proposes plan to ease South China Sea tensions
- Australia rejects Vietnamese refugee claims in 40 minutes
- Brazil prison riot leaves 8 dead, officials say
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!