Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Teenager charged with hitting, killing 2-year-old nephew
- Police: Malnourished Doberman weighed only 33 pounds
- Dead man found naked in Georgia river identified
- 17-year-old drowns after saving friend in Georgia lake
- 2 injured when Amtrak train hits car in North Carolina
- Ga. hospital agrees to $20 million false billing settlement
- Director of state agency that investigates judges steps down
- Trial begins for woman accused in convenience store slaying
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- Police: School shooter said he didn't plan to hurt students
- Miss Piggy is recipient of prestigious New York museum award
- Texas A&M Galveston professor fails entire class
- Obama welcomes Abe to White House with high ceremony
- NY Little Italy museum, Italian-American elder reach deal
- Demonstrators on gay marriage issue gather outside court
- Tyson Foods hopes to rid US chicken of antibiotics by 2017
- Latest on police-custody death: Governor heads to Baltimore
- Proposal: Free sunscreen dispensers in Boston public parks
- Boy found in basement after 11-day search could testify
- EU officials seek major changes to face security challenges
- Palestinian who clashed with Israeli troops dies of wounds
- Finnish navy drops depth charges onto suspected submarine
- Burundi: 3rd day of protests against president
- UN says it will try to identify all Ebola cases by June
- Burundi protests against president enter third day
- Ethiopia ponders stiffer penalties for human smuggling
- Witnesses: Hundreds of bodies in town held by Boko Haram
- UK man accused of killing US soldier with bomb in Iraq
- Auschwitz survivor: Trial of ex-Nazi guard is 'satisfaction'
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!