Today: Partly cloudy and warm. Highs in the low to middle 80s. North wind 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the lower 60s.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. Rain chances increase ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bibb Co. deputy facing child molestation charges
- NTSB releases report in fatal east Ga. plane crash
- Braves announce mixed-used site development team
- Jurors told salmonella trial may exceed 2 months
- Woman found badly beaten on Silver Comet Trail
- Minnesota robbery suspect arrested in Georgia
- Car plunges into pond; divers search for person
- Mayor: Atlanta should welcome immigrant children
- Theater apologizes after kids see 'Sex Tape' clips
- More than $20,000 in NASCAR collectibles stolen
- Minnesota archbishop won't resign amid criticism
- Judge orders evidence preserved in Skakel case
- Colorado man dies when trailer collapses in wind
- Man finds calico lobster, gives it to aquarium
- Africa summit to proceed despite Ebola outbreak
- VA wants to fire 2 accused of manipulating data
- Killer of Kelsey Grammer's sister denied parole
- Justice Dept. weighs in on OH, WI voting cases
- Figure in '80s payola probe faces NY gambling case
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- Turkish women protest deputy PMs no laughter quip
- Vatican taking action in divisive Paraguay diocese
- Crop circle in Germany attracts many visitors
- Iraq offers aid to those displaced by militants
- Tunisia army chief resigns after soldier deaths
- 'Spider-Man' fights Dubliner in street, goes viral
- UN chiefs outraged at attack on Gaza school
- More deaths anticipated from massive landslide in India
- 13 killed in mosque bombings in Nigeria
- UN chief: halt violence around Ukraine crash site
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!