Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low 30s.
Friday: Cloudy, the a mix of clouds and sun with an afternoon high in the upper 40s to near 50. A light north wind.
Friday Night: Cloudy with some rain possible late. ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. man arrested in insurance fraud scheme
- Ga. official picked for president's task force
- Ga. Guard troops home from Afghanistan in time for holidays
- Ga. audit highlights questionable state spending
- UGA paid more than $40,000 for Gurley's legal help
- Ga. entrepreneur convicted of hiding income abroad
- Logistics company building plant in west Ga.
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Arson caused $30 million downtown Los Angeles fire
- Police: Man hid gun parts in luggage at NY airport
- Day care owner pleads in boy's death in murky pool
- Police sketch of meteorologist shooting suspect released
- Phoenix police chief fired after union strife
- Family wants officer prosecuted for scuffle with man, 76
- Veteran AP trial reporter Linda Deutsch to retire
- NYPD: Brooklyn man arrested in assault on officers
- Dog injures Wyoming man in accidental shooting
- Woman sues over elevator shaft fall at Fenway Park
- SKorea court orders dissolution of leftist party
- Report: Australian lawmaker's adviser detained
- UN Experts: Taliban radicals against peace gain prominence
- World War II bomb defused in German city
- Suspected Islamic extremists kidnap 185 in Nigeria
- Video claims responsibility for Tunisia killings
- Pope Benedict got ball rolling with Cuba on Gross
- Canada woman stops for ducks; sentenced in 2 deaths
- Ireland repays $11 billion to IMF years early
- India's Sonia Gandhi hospitalized for infection
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!