Easter Sunday: Sunny, and BEAUTIFUL from sunrise service to the afternoon egg hunt! Highs in the mid 70s with light winds. (Sunrise is 7:03am)
Becoming partly ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- NC authorities: 10-month-old girl abducted by dad
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- In Colorado, a pot holiday goes mainstream
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Man detained after LA Times building lockdown
- Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy
- US weighing military exercises in Eastern Europe
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental
- Woman says beau stole her dog, TV on 1st date
- California man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
- 4 French journalists freed from Syria captors home
- Egypt gunmen kill intelligence officer near Cairo
- Road accident kills 36 in southern Pakistan
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals
- Attacks kill 16 across Iraq
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- Colombia hopes to share Garcia Marquez remains
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!