Tonight: A fair sky and comfortable with an overnight low near 60 (50s away from the city)
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny with ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal calls for more help to high-demand students
- Ex-Ala. officer resentenced for abuse of power
- GBI probing fatal police shooting in Savannah
- Wig designer's suit against Nicki Minaj dismissed
- Candidates for Ga. governor spar over jobless rate
- Police dog missing since manhunt is found alive
- Man found shot to death in driveway of home
- Georgia's jobless rate rises to 8.1 percent
- 3 Fantasy 5 players win $73,862.46 jackpots
- Florida Lotto jackpot rises to $27 million
- Final tally: 143 homes burned in California fire
- Hurricane Edouard right environment for drone test
- Murder suspect wears 'Crime Pays' T-shirt to court
- Spending bill leaves out immigration courts
- Brother of man charged in Bobo case arrested
- Administration offers new assurances, as Senate vote nears
- Obama nominates US envoys to Mexico, India
- Dog found in Oregon heading back to Pennsylvania
- Ukraine's pleas for lethal aid from US go unmet
- Emergency landing for JetBlue flight in California
- Yemen's Shiite rebels attack state TV building
- UN calls Ebola a threat to international peace
- UN chief calls for about $1 billion to fight Ebola
- Mexico boosts Los Cabos security after looting
- New center-left Slovenian govt voted into office
- Nigeria's ruling party wants Jonathan as president
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- Belgium arrests Liberian ex-rebel commander
- France dismisses accusations it pays ransoms
- Roadside bombs kills 4 UN peacekeepers in Mali
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!