Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Army Corps: Savannah harbor expansion taking big steps ahead
- GOP proposes protections for already protected clergy
- State representative gives $500,000 to UGA law school
- Florida congressman to Coast Guard: Keep searching for teens
- Permit suspended at ropes course where teen fatally injured
- Grady giving police 1,000 packages of sex crime evidence
- Man arrested in fatal shooting of 81-year-old Atlanta woman
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County; 1 dead
- After week of searching, no sign of boys lost at sea
- Georgia offers tax-free shopping for school supplies
- Jail inmate in Arizona pulls eye out of its socket
- Honolulu police arrest suspect in assault of state lawmaker
- California site will let residents tattle on water wasters
- Judge approves place for Mel Reynolds to stay while on bond
- Sailboat with dead person aboard washes ashore near park
- Man accused of shooting family appears in Montana court
- Newborn girl found alive in dumpster in Kentucky; 1 charged
- Kerry to push Malaysia on human trafficking during visit
- New York officials: Legionnaires' outbreak claims 3rd life
- Man who died in police fight wanted for beating 97-year-old
- Suspected Jewish extremists burn Palestinian child to death
- Mexico state: Indians approve embattled wind power project
- Mexico activists denounce abuses targeting Cuban migrants
- Mexican judge orders 4 soldiers to stand trial in 7 deaths
- Colombian military plane crashes, killing all 11 on board
- Colombian military plane crashes, killing all 12 on board
- Venezuela governor: 1 killed during supermarket looting
- India, Bangladesh settle decades-old boundary dispute
- UN chief calls killing of Palestinian child `terrorist act'
- Senegalese journalist gets 6 months for homosexuality
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!