Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia, feds settle allegations against hospital system
- 2 ex-sheriff's worker sentenced on bribery, drug charges
- Parents arrested after abandoned baby was found roadside
- DWI courts aim to change behavior of repeat offenders
- Police: Gunman attacks teacher on her way to school
- Rascal Flatts to headline Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon
- Police suspend search of wells for teen missing since 2007
- Police investigate killing of man south of Atlanta
- Water park set to open in North Augusta next year
- Soldier charged in the death of fellow soldier in home
- San Diego firm recalls cucumbers after salmonella outbreak
- Texas officer who killed teen hired by police on 3rd try
- Fire at Planned Parenthood in Washington state was arson
- Suspicious, early morning fire damages Planned Parenthood
- Eds: With AP Photos.
- Parents arrested after abandoning baby on the roadside
- Carter Lay, grandson of potato chip maker, dies at 44
- Spat erupts within Benghazi panel as another former Clinton aide testifies
- 2 NYC jail guards charged in beating of 18-year-old inmate
- Alaska woman accused of stealing patrol car holding husband
- Drowned Syrian boys' aunt fights to bring family to Canada
- UN threatens sanctions if South Sudan peace deal isn't kept
- Opposition leader arrested in Bolivia
- Germany: 30 apparently suffer amphetamine poisoning
- Thai court sentences 4 to life in prison over rally attack
- Fire in Greek psychiatric hospital leaves 3 dead
- Supporters of Christian Lebanese leader protest in Beirut
- 4 men plead guilty in major London jewel heist over Easter
- Sinai peacekeeping official says force attacked in white car
- The Latest: More migrants rescued from sea off Greece
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!