Tonight: Becoming cloudy Showers possible late. An overnight low near 60. A south wind at 10mph.
Friday: Showers likely ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. transit police plan Detroit recruitment event
- Georgia Tech to host health care partnership forum
- Woman charged in NC kidnap to have bond hearing
ATLANTA (AP) -- A collaborative of Georgia journalism schools and news organizations will use a $35,000 grant to train investigative reporters.
- Ga. journalism collaborative awarded $35 million
- Ga. Republican's ad blames 'immoral' debt on Obama
- Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old girl
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him
- Deal signs bill expanding gun rights in Georgia
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- Taliban ready to deal on captive US soldier?
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Big riders mean big horses on Western trails
- Technology group to decide Cover Oregon's future
- Cleared of murder, man starts fresh 24 years later
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes
- Camilla's brother dies in NY of head injury
- Biologists watching fish runs after deadly slide
- Judge releases tape of would-be assassin's exam
- FDA proposes extending its oversight of tobacco
- Militant group in Egypt says it killed officer
- UK police seek to halt Brits joining Syria rebels
- 3 people missing after freighter sinks off Greece
- Obama to Russia: More sanctions are 'teed up'
- Last appeal bid rejected in HK 'Milkshake Murder'
- Ukraine official: city hall cleared of protesters
- Unilever first quarter sales hit by strong euro
- Kashmiris stage protests during Indian elections
- Obama: Not hopeful North Korea will change soon
- Pakistan: Bomb kills police officer, 2 others
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!