Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 4 Ga. kids hurt by rolling car, charges filed
- 4 children left in locked SUV, Ga. woman arrested
- Ga. woman sentenced in child abuse case
- GA police officer resigns after shooting man's dog
- Man dies in Ga. country club landscaping accident
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- Latvian fiber glass company announces Ga. project
- GA wildlife refuge managers move nuisance gators
- SC mom's arrest sparks child care debate
- UGA Pharmacy students plan tobacco cessation class
- Expert testifies in Wisconsin baby kidnapping case
- US: Russia violated 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- FBI defends search for Oklahoma City bombing video
- Rare storm at California beach hard to see coming
- 2 military satellites launched on Delta 4 rocket
- Judge tosses most serious charges in foiled plot
- All tickets claimed for LeBron's homecoming show
- Jury chosen in former Va. gov's corruption trial
- Alabama man accused of lighting ex on fire
- De Blasio vows to improve NYPD-community relations
- UN presses for Mali peace talks starting Aug. 17
- Brazil's leader calls Gaza conflict 'a massacre'
- Dominican officials destroy 2,000 seized guns
- France offers asylum to Christians of north Iraq
- Malta oil worker kidnapped in Libya released
- Bolivian president seeks votes in the bedroom
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Syrian army casualties surge, raising death toll
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime
- Poland, Britain call for more sanctions on Russia
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!