Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person killed, others hurt in crash at Ga courthouse
- Scarlett O'Hara outfit could fetch $100,000 at auction
- Georgia school district hopes to implement free meal program
- Georgia school district implements new free meal program
- Animal shelter rescues baby chicks from Georgia post office
- State panel to discuss prevention of infant 'co-sleeping'
- Tybee Island prepares for 'Orange Crush' partygoers
- Jury indicts 3 in killing of Univ. of Georgia student
- Ga. city rejects $90 million water park resort proposal
- Carter Center to observe Guyanese election
- Attorneys seek dismissal of charges in Islamic State case
- Hawaii telescope builders again extend construction timeout
- Judge OKs bail for 2 accused of supporting Islamic State
- Gas-line blast closes major highway, injures at least 11
- 2 convicted of desecrating Illinois cemetery get prison time
- Man pleads not guilty in killing of missing girlfriend
- Storm diverts Oklahoma-bound Seattle elephants to San Diego
- The Latest: White House hopefuls gather in New Hampshire
- 2nd arrests made in fatal shooting of university student
- Ex-police commander accused of torture decries reparations
- Rouhani says Saudis will harvest hatred in Yemen
- Indian troops fire at Kashmir protesters; teenager killed
- Colombia's president wants rebels to set deadline for peace
- Iran urges UN to try to end Saudi-led bombing in Yemen
- Canada charges 4 British Navy sailors with sex assault
- UN weather agency scratches 'Isis' from storm name list
- At least 40 dead in Baghdad bombings
- Germany flies over 100 people from Yemen to Djibouti
- Migrants burned in Libyan gas explosion arrive in Italy
- Al-Qaida in Yemen takes massive weapons depot from army
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!