Friday: Partly sunny and cool with a high in the low/mid 50s.
Friday Night: A few clouds with an overnight low in the mid 30s
Saturday: Increasing ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deliberations to continue in case of slain Ga. preacher
- Woman hit by truck, dragged in Johns Creek
- 6-year-old girl shot during domestic dispute in Savannah
- Atlanta mayor dissects elections, path forward for Democrats
- Ala. teacher linked to Ga. cheating scandal placed on leave
- Execution date set for man in killing of GA deputy
- Atlanta readies for protests over Ferguson case
- 5 guilty in kickback scheme at Kennesaw State
- Wife says she thought husband would only be beaten
- Atlanta Streetcar delayed over safety concerns
- Prosecutors drop charges for 3 men 40 years later
- Ruling expected on New Jersey sports betting
- Snow ending, but rain possible for Buffalo
- Marine with robotic legs to get Bronze Star
- Docile lawyer became troubled, thought he was government target before Florida State shooting
- Immigration watchers gather to watch Obama speech
- Emotions rise as people hear President Barack Obama's announcement on immigration reform plan
- House of woman who took on Donald Trump demolished
- Obama says time for immigration changes is now
- Florida woman becomes 4th to publicly allege Bill Cosby drugged, then sexually assaulted her
- China pledges more dialogue on regional conflicts
- Police question Indian guru after standoff arrest
- Chinese scholar's separatism conviction upheld
- Cosby takes show to Bahamas amid trouble at home
- Malaysian officer in New Zealand pleads not guilty
- UN peacekeeping review won't see field firsthand
- Romanian prosecutor is detained for questioning
- Critics storm Poland's electoral body over delays
- Tunisia court doubles 2 policemen's rape sentences
- Public transport to say: 'Falklands are Argentine'
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!