Tonight: A partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the low 60s (50s away from the city)
Saturday: Sunny to partly ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Residents asked to help search for missing plane
- Autopsy set for Friday in fatal shooting by police
- Large Ga. school system to change attendance zones
- Judge sides with Fulton County in tax hike dispute
- Jekyll Island hosting shrimp and grits festival
- France-Atlanta collaboration set for next month
- Ga. suspending online child support payments
- Ebola survivor donating blood to Atlanta patient
- Maduro says foreign media behind fears of epidemic
- Ex-DFCS counselor sentenced in rape, molestation
- Assets of Georgia's ex-president frozen
- Report faults Amherst and UMass for party problems
- Report faults, town, UMass for party problems
- Massachusetts teen's lawyer seeks police messages
- Man faces arson charge in huge California wildfire
- Hamm, other stars join campaign against assault
- Mayo cited for burns to monkey during research
- Case of American jailed in Cuba back in US court
- Deliberations to resume in Ga. salmonella trial
- Judge to hear objections to Hopkins settlement
- 3 Eastern European countries form joint brigade
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- US officials condemn Bosnia leaders over flood aid
- Germany charges 3 with supporting Islamic State
- PM says al-Qaida holds no appeal for India Muslims
- 3 French students struck by gunfire on school trip
- Dempsey lauds French airstrike against militants
- 3 French students hit by gunfire on school trip
- Morocco expands laws against jihad seekers
- Police: American suspect confesses in Bali killing
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!