Tonight: Partly cloudy and seasonably cold with a low in the low/mid 30s.
Sunday: A mix of clouds and sun, then cloudy through the afternoon with a high in the low 50s.
A rather unsettled pattern of off and on showers possible Monday night into ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Coach won't be sidelined by Lou Gehrig's disease
- Usher seeks restraining order against woman
- 2 bodies found in northwest Atlanta house
- Name stories: Tum Tum, God's Wonder, Shady Eden
- No struggling Ga. hospitals create stand-alone ERs
- TVA backs off controversial tree-cutting policy
- UGA vet school to host shelter medicine conference
- Hearings delayed in officials' suits against Columbus
- Savannah city employees donate 25,204 cans of food
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Police brutality protesters rally at Mall of America
- Fort Worth firefighters use oxygen to save cat
- Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI
- US dismisses North Korean denial, proposal for joint probe
- Officer kills teen who attacked him with machete
- President Obama's Hawaii vacation: Day 1
- Man kills self in police chase, injuring couple
- 4 teens die in fiery head-on crash in Pennsylvania
- 3 killed in car crash on way to Mexico funeral
- Protesters against Cuba-US plan gather in Miami
- French police shoot dead knife-wielding assailant
- Kenya to US: Our terror laws are better than yours
- Cubans imprisoned in US appear before parliament
- Kidnapped Mozambican businessman released
- Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- Extremists in Nigeria lining up elderly and shooting them
- Bahrain 'terror blast' wounds 3 police
- Russia dismisses new US sanctions as useless
- Liberia holds Senate vote amid Ebola fears
- Pakistan officials: US drone strike in northwestern tribal area kills 5 militants
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!