Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan
- TSU program exposes students to cutting-edge research
- Firefighters rescue puppy from 75-foot well north of Atlanta
- 2 men killed in pair of Fourth of July shootings in Columbus
- Man drowns in Chattahoochee River northwest of Atlanta
- Girl, 16, killed by stray bullet that enters her home
- Police: Vet steals Humvee from Ga. base, runs from SC cops
- Off-duty police officer, infant killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Ex-Illinois US Rep. Reynolds doesn't show for arraignment
- Israeli officer who killed teen was in 'mortal' danger: army
- SC lawmakers begin debate on flag
- Man charged with threatening Obama's life in online post
- Box cutter under bed sent terror defendant back to custody
- Man who accused orphanage founder of abuse targeted by suit
- Flight returns to Denver after problem during takeoff
- Former AG Eric Holder returning to private law practice
- Documents reveal details of Chicago woman's killing in Bali
- 'Stunning' number of extreme drug doses by doc, expert says
- The Latest: Pope arrives at Ecuadorean park for Mass
- Mozambique destroys ivory, rhino horn in anti-poaching move
- The Latest: Pope prays at shrine in Ecuador
- UN chief says questions unanswered about Hammarskjold crash
- The Latest: Pope arrives at Ecuador park to celebrate Mass
- Italian surveillance company appears to get hacked
- Nigerian military frees 180 Boko Haram suspects, some babies
- The Latest: Pope to meet with 'Mr. Nobody' in Ecuador
- The Latest: Ecuadorean boys take selfie photos with pope
- The Latest: Pope lands in Ecuadorean city
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!