Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- UNLV president search narrows to 3 candidates
- Authorities bust Ga. heroin smuggling operation
- Nunn debuts another Bush ad in Georgia Senate race
- Georgia soldiers being deployed to West Africa
- Georgia governor details Ebola Response Team
- Ebola patient released from Atlanta hospital
- Pilot identified in fatal Ga. small plane crash
- Ga. storm caused estimated $6 million in damage
- Manchin in North Carolina stumping for Hagan
- School cheating trial focuses on Deerwood Academy
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
- Alabama House speaker arrested on felony charges
- City probes New Hampshire pumpkin fest melee
- 3-year-old NYC girl's beating death ruled homicide
- Hawaii rides out storm, but remote islands at risk
- Oklahoma Guard: No injuries after midair collision
- Prosecutor clears DeMaio of sex harassment claims
- Hawaii rides out storm, avoiding serious damage
- Labor Secretary Perez pushes Obama jobs proposals
- Judge drops felonies against ex-prep football star
- Driver shot dead after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- Panama suspends Supreme Court judge for corruption
- Former Australia Prime Minister Gough Whitlam dies
- Driver shot after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- EU foreign ministers reject travel ban
- Rehydration was a key in ridding Nigeria of Ebola
- Government OKs Czech troops to stay in Afghanistan
- WHO chief promises transparency on Ebola failures
- Swiss photographer Rene Burri dies at 81
- UN says worker dies from Ebola in Sierra Leone
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!