Tonight: Clear and chilly with an overnight low in the city near 40. 30s away from the city. Patchy frost possible in outlying areas and local mountains.
Thursday: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high ... More...
Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal, Carter discuss gun laws, reforms at forum
- Group blocks Atlanta freeway in police protest
- Authorities in Ga. arrest 18 in child porn raids
- Body recovered from burned out car in Clarke Co.
- Fort Stewart deploying 32 soldiers to fight Ebola
- Georgia Aquarium says beluga whale is pregnant
- Ga. hospital to pay $8.4 million in settlement
- Feds find no violations at SC nuke fuel plant
- Deal promises review of Georgia's school funding
- Rome leaders consider trail to link area colleges
- GOP Sen. Collins, Democrat Bellows debate in Maine
- 4 candidates for NY governor debate
- Man apprehended after jumping White House fence
- Obama invites Afghanistan's new leaders to US
- AP-GfK Poll: Public wants tighter Ebola screening
- Wildlife rehab for bear found in Oregon drugstore
- Protest against police brutality blocks Ga freeway
- Vandalism reported at 5 National Parks
- Nebraska trucker returns bull mastiff to Arizona
- Teens' travel renews concerns about terror appeal
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- No motive cited in Ottawa attack
- Gunman, soldier dead after shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Mexico: Mayor linked to deadly attack on students
- Tourists watch solar alignment in Egypt temple
- Canada had raised domestic terror threat level yesterday
- Ottawa hospital says it treated 3 shooting victims
- Witness describes shooting of soldier at Canadian war memorial
- Mexican military kills 19, suffers no casualties
- WHO: Ebola responsible for more than 4,800 deaths
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!