Friday (Halloween): Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Scattered light showers as well. An afternoon high in the upper 50s to low 60s. An increasing North wind at 10-20mph.
Friday ... More...
Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia officials halt guardrail installation
- Lawsuits: Misconduct at fraternity led to rapes
- Ga. voters cast more than 709,900 early ballots
- 2 Atlanta firefighters recovering from burns, fall
- Deal, Carter, Nunn, Perdue make closing pitches
- Former Ga. ethics commission attorney sues agency
- DeKalb Co. crime stats questioned in federal audit
- Fatal Walker Co. fire linked to wood burning stove
- Allman dropped from Georgia lawsuit in train crash
- Perdue, Nunn talk trust, solutions in final ads
- Ebola victim's fiancTe struggles to rebuild life
- Ohio man detained in North Korea returning to work
- Life goes on for nurse in standoff over Ebola
- Judge to hold hearing in Kansas gay marriage suit
- Dallas nurse who survived Ebola to get dog back
- Town official: Halloween back on as manhunt ends
- Town hopes to hold Halloween as manhunt ends
- Grand Canyon receives reports of roaming wolf
- Nevada court says Strip club dancers are employees
- Obama speaks to Myanmar's political leaders
- Court upholds death verdicts in slashing attack
- Hong Kong activists mull Beijing visit during APEC
- Myanmar's president, army chief meet Suu Kyi
- Malaysia Airlines sued by 2 boys over Flight 370
- US and Australia drop sanctions against Fiji
- Nations in Americas join in battle against Ebola
- Cali cartel boss' daughter charged with extortion
- French town bans clown disguises after assaults
- Clothing with bodies matches missing Texans'
- Costa Rica volcano spews ash, prompts evacuations
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!