Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 3 killed in south Georgia fire
- House bill would remove limitations on cancer hospital
- SUV plunges off bridge on highway north of Atlanta
- Gov. Deal: February tax revenues up more than 12 percent
- Plane that skidded through fence at LaGuardia is removed
- Judge sets May sentencing for mom found guilty of murder
- Woman hospitalized with burn injuries after house fire
- Police search for motorist after woman killed in hit-and-run
- Search is on for escaped inmate in northwest Georgia
- Cell phone lot at Atlanta airport closing for road work
- Authorities provide security for holdout juror in Arias case
- Man convicted in 'American Sniper' case at intake center
- New Jersey man who gassed his dog to death gets probation
- Man again accused of stalking Yahoo CEO
- Witness: Hernandez DNA matched marijuana butt at crime scene
- Motion filed asking Ala. judges to issue marriage licenses
- Arkansas lawmaker defends transfer of adopted daughters
- AP Source: Federal charges expected in Menendez case
- CSX agrees to long-term restoration plan in W.Va. derailment
- Cops: Baby apparently starves after mom's suspected overdose
- Puerto Rico police official sentenced in fatal beating case
- Former Israeli spy chief rejects parts of Netanyahu speech
- UN Libya envoy says airstrikes threaten peace talks
- Palestinian assailant wounds 5 Israelis in car attack
- Macedonia government accused of election fraud
- Mexican circus owners say ban means animals may die
- 12 die, thousands evacuated in Argentine flooding
- Dutch investigating old soap for traces of Holocaust victims
- EU chief optimistic about finding Iran nuclear deal
- UN approves resolution condemning use of chlorine in Syria
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!