Saturday: Cloudy and drier through the afternoon. An afternoon high in the upper 40s to lower 50s.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and seasonably cold with a low in the low/mid 30s.
Sunday: A mix of clouds and sun, then cloudy through the ... More...
Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- UGA vet school to host shelter medicine conference
- Hearings delayed in officials' suits against Columbus
- Savannah city employees donate 25,204 cans of food
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Dublin VA chief says waits still too long
- Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- 3rd person dies after shooting at Macon nightclub
- Ex-Cub Scout leader sent to prison in child molestation case
- Federal court finds protesters in contempt for ignoring order to halt anti-whaling campaign
- Obama touches down in Hawaii for annual vacation
- San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- NY pain doctor gets prison in manslaughter case
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- Bob Simpson, co-developer of Saffir-Simpson scale, dies
- Obama calls on women only at news conference
- Lava could reach Hawaii shopping center in 8 days
- Kidnapped Mozambican businessman released
- Robbers strike at Berlin's famed KaDeWe store
- Extremists in Nigeria lining up elderly and shooting them
- Bahrain 'terror blast' wounds 3 police
- Russia dismisses new US sanctions as useless
- Liberia holds Senate vote amid Ebola fears
- Pakistan officials: US drone strike in northwestern tribal area kills 5 militants
- Bombings kill 10 in Iraq
- 2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel
- Pakistan: US drone strike kills 5 militants
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!