Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- At Civil War's end, a steamboat disaster that history forgot
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission
- Police say Lil Wayne tour bus struck by bullets
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 2 Savannah policemen among Reservists going to Middle East
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- Man found stabbed to death in Roswell
- Photographer says Baltimore police beat him during protest
- Pentagon: US military sending aid to quake-ravaged Nepal
- The Latest: Wake held for man who died after arrest
- Corinthian Colleges to shut down all 28 remaining campuses
- Golden Gate Bridge officials seek help in addressing drones
- Centenary of 1.5 million Armenian deaths marked in NYC
- Man driving motorhome leads Alaska State Troopers on a chase
- FBI director, Sen. Leahy, give details of Louis Freeh crash
- Storied NYC college awaits results of attorney general probe
- Ex-Ranger's long march to honor WWII hero
- Official: Palestinian operatives helped free Syria hostages
- Palestinian official skeptical about next Israeli government
- Saudi Arabia: Military training aircraft crashes, killing 2
- France detains second suspect in thwarted attack probe
- Saudi-led airstrikes hit Yemen rebels in capital, south
- Putin accuses US of supporting separatists in Russia
- Nigeria recalls diplomats from South Africa over attacks
- Ceremonies mark liberation of 2 Nazi camps 70 years ago
- German, French rescue teams on way to Nepal
- Pope urges assistance for Nepal quake victims
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!