Friday Night: A clear sky with an overnight low near 30.
Saturday: Partly sunny and warmer with an afternoon ... More...
Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Black Friday shoppers: Thanksgiving not for sales
- Deputies hurt while breaking up fight in east Ga.
- Grady no longer accepting major insurer
- More than a dozen horses die in Woodstock fire
- George Takei to narrate Atlanta Symphony concerts
- Police fear gunman may be targeting homeless
- Deputy wounded by shotgun expected to recover
- Gwinnett County police: Pedestrian deaths on rise
- Flying tire kills woman as she walks along road
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7 percent
- NYC panel nears decision on police chokehold death
- Ferguson protests move to retail stores
- Homeless woman's stun gun spurs 2nd Amendment case
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Police look for motive in attack on consulate, downtown buildings
- High winds scale back search for missing anglers
- Police: Woman stabs self in fight over inheritance
- Candy distribution center in Ohio ravaged by fire
- Cops: Beau who ate holiday meal early gets stabbed
- Official Christmas tree arrives at White House
- Bomb blast hits mosque in northern Nigeria city
- Russian Navy successfully tests new missile
- Spain: Bank shootout kills police officer, suspect
- Flooding kills at least 4 in French Riviera towns
- Rebels push forward in southern Syria
- French president cheered in Ebola-stricken Guinea
- Nigeria camps struggle with aid for the displaced
- Brazil's GDP grows in third quarter
- Thai legislature approves ban on surrogacy
- Italian man seriously wounded at West Bank protest
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!