Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-Atlanta principal testifies in cheating trial
- Atlanta bus driver charged in pedestrian's death
- 10 CDC staffers sent to Texas for Ebola probe
- Judge denies challenge to death penalty provision
- In Ga. visit, Romney raises cash for Perdue
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- Man struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Petition seeks charges in crash that killed 7
- Person struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Teen football player dies after injury during game
- History fight coming to a head in suburban Denver
- Ebola worries could keep some Dallas students home
- Dallas ER sent Ebola-infected patient home
- Man, hostage dead after Southern Calif. standoff
- Minneapolis community fights recruiters for jihad
- Tweet about Ferguson grand jury sparks probe
- US student rallies support Hong Kong protesters
- UVa suspect mentioned in 2003 sexual assault
- State police: 2 troopers in Frein search injured
- Australia lifts Ebola donation to $16 million
- Filipinos express support for Hong Kong protest
- Latest suicide attack in Afghanistan kills 3
- Man attacked by shark in Western Australia
- Iraq considering Australian airstrike request
- Mexico: Alleged drug boss Beltran Leyva captured
- Mexico feds say cartel boss Beltran-Leyva caught
- Soldiers, drug gang battle in Rio de Janeiro slum
- Guatemala ex-police on trial in 1980 embassy fire
- Canada identifies long lost British explorer ship
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!