Tuesday Night: A few t-showers are possible during the night. Partly ... More...
Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Storms spark lightning fires in Winder, Macon
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Police probe stabbing of pit bull inside pet store
- Crews respond to possible drowning at Lake Lanier
- Storms spark lightning fires in Barrow County
- Inmates tend to garden at Alabama county jail
- Company identifies worker killed at Savannah mill
- Pedestrian killed crossing I-25 ID'd as soldier
- Georgia film studio plan: High drama, few results
- Penn State student gains rep as squirrel whisperer
- Politico founder to be Washington Post publisher
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- UMass starts semester with giant clambake
- Chicago activist back in court in immigration case
- Flight diverted due to dispute over reclining seat
- Topeka City Council to consider public nudity ban
- More storms roll through Midwest with hail, winds
- $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years
- Tropical Storm Dolly forms off Mexico's coast
- Ukraine says Russian forces are in major rebel cities
- Official: New Polish prime minister this month
- Ukraine: Russian forces in major rebel cities
- Greece to toughen penalties on hate speech
- Instead of mushrooms, Austrian finds grenade
- Germany opens memorial to Nazis' disabled victims
- Austrian police arrest suspected Mideast fighter
- Police abandon posts in Lesotho, fear for lives
- UN provides aid for record 4.1 million in Syria
- UN warns food prices rising in Ebola-hit countries
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!