Tonight: Mostly clear with lows around 60.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy and warm. Highs in the low to middle 80s.
Tomorrow Night: Mostly clear and pleasant. Lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s.
Highs ... More...
TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 5 hospitalized in Forsyth Co. chemical spill
- Deal wrote recommendation for Ga. ethics chief
- Recount ordered in Ga. school superintendent race
- Georgia pushes adults to finish college programs
- Unaccompanied youths enroll in Dalton schools
- In GOP South, pushback against Obama climate rules
- Latest Georgia news, sports, business and entertainment
- Parents sue Georgia school system in gym mat death
- Man killed in plane crash on beach was stationed at Georgia base
- Soil type could impede industry on Georgia's coast
- Man claims tampering in case over bombing videos
- Missionary groups call for evacuation from Liberia
- UCLA flooded by broken water main; people stranded
- Centenarian gets honorary high school diploma
- California lifeguard injured by lightning improves
- Pennsylvania sued by US over police fitness tests
- Man dies after Las Vegas carjacking, home invasion
- Washington ferry reaches dock after losing power
- East Texas marijuana fields valued at $175 million
- US accuses Russia of violating 1987 missile treaty
- Australia rules out new sanctions against Russia
- 6 die when swept away by swollen river in Mexico
- Heavy gunfire in Libyan capital
- Heaviest-yet Israeli bombardment kills at least 100, knocks out power plant
- Investigators still can't reach plane site
- Canada: Chinese hackers infiltrated government org
- Officials blame Colombia power outage on rebels
- Official: Venezuela tried to pressure Aruba
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with rats
- Anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Rome amid turmoil
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!