TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- Authorities say man's body found after fire at Canton home
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- Police seek emails from DeKalb CEO in fraud investigation
- Medical examiner: Man shot himself in police confrontation
- Father denies using drain cleaner to try and kill daughter
- The Latest: Greece sees 230,000 migrants arrive this year
- Former Austin police officer charged in girlfriend's death
- The Latest: France holds emergency meeting on migrants
- The Latest: Turkey detains 4 suspected human smugglers
- The Latest: Serbia sees 'huge problems' with Hungary's plan
- The Latest: Czechs release 230 detained migrants
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Officials: King cobra on the loose, escaped home in Orlando
- The Latest: Hungarian PM says migrant crisis is German issue
- Iran's top leader: No nuclear deal unless sanctions lifted
- Iran says Assad has 'pivotal' role in any Syria solution
- Ebola transmissions over in Liberia, enters 90-day watch
- Pope eyes unity, not division in talks with Israel's Rivlin
- Death toll from IS attack on Yemeni mosque rises to 28
- Israel unveils 1,800-year-old sarcophagus
- NATO opens military center in Lithuania amid Ukraine crisis
- Hungary announces migrant crackdown on the Serbia border
- Report: 2,000 fleeing Syrians drowned in Mediterranean
- City hall in Ukraine's Kiev cancels school amid heat wave
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!