Today: Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Showers at times. An afternoon high in the upper 50s to low 60s. An increasing North wind at 10-20mph.
Tonight: Still some passing showers during the evening. Windy and much ... More...
TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police search for suspect after high-speed chase
- Freeze watch issued in north Georgia
- Early voting deadline quickly approaching
- Ex-Ga. store owner sentenced in WIC voucher fraud
- Georgia officials halt guardrail installation
- Lawsuits: Misconduct at fraternity led to rapes
- Ga. voters cast more than 709,900 early ballots
- 2 Atlanta firefighters recovering from burns, fall
- Deal, Carter, Nunn, Perdue make closing pitches
- Former Ga. ethics commission attorney sues agency
- Parachutist rescued from Missouri television tower
- Bear in fatal NJ attack was acting 'predatory'
- Child rape suspect returning to Massachusetts
- Menino to lie in state at historic Faneuil Hall
- 3 die when train strikes SUV in southern Illinois
- Before midterms, Obama to plug policies for women
- Los Angeles airport shooting lessons linger
- APNewsBreak: Medicare bought meds for dead people
- UVa abduction suspect in court on separate case
- Captured: manhunt ends for trooper ambush suspect
- Liberia opens 1 of largest Ebola treatment centers
- Germany's main Jewish leader steps down
- NATO says service member has died in Afghanistan
- WHO issues new guidance on Ebola protective gear
- Protesters gather again in Burkina Faso
- Official: Man slashes 3 schoolchildren in China
- Heavy security as Israel reopens Jerusalem site
- Chinese official allegedly hides $33M in bribes
- Greek police clear apartment used by rebel monks
- Shelters fill up after deadly Sri Lanka mudslide
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!