Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s away from the city)
Sunday: Mostly sunny and even warmer. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s.
Partly sunny and near 80 by Monday. This trend continues ... More...
TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Officer shoots teen outside stadium during game
- State plan is aimed at helping Alabama veterans
- State schools chief says he's applied for Rome job
- In Ga. Senate race, Ted Cruz stumps for Perdue
- Athens-Clarke County police name interim chief
- Democratic Rep. Barrow works for GOP votes in Ga.
- Ga. polls open statewide for Saturday voting
- Ban on plastic bags proposed for Tybee Island
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- School shooting investigation
- Gold nugget found in California finds secret buyer
- Dallas nurse who survived Ebola must wait for dog
- Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation
- Darrell Wallace Jr. wins at Martinsville again
- Health care worker criticizes quarantine process
- Yosemite rangers try to keep hungry bears at bay
- Correction: US-United States-Iraq-US Death story
- US journalist says body was 'at war' with Ebola
- 3 in critical condition, 1 serious after deadly school shooting
- US: Power to visit Ebola-ravaged West Africa
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Top Israeli minister: 'crisis' in US relationship
- Nanny of Venezuelan ex-minister arrested in Brazil
- Opposition rejects Mozambique's election results
- Mussolini air raid shelter opens to tourists
- Suicide attack kills 8 Shiite militiamen in Iraq
- Extremists shell northern Syrian town
- Ukraine pauses before decisive vote
- Number of Islamic extremists growing in Germany
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!