TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Ex-Macon officer sentenced for sex with shoplifting suspect
- Lawyer: White New York officer targeted black NBA player
- State Sen. Tolleson retires after Alzheimer's diagnosis
- Atlanta elementary school burglarized a fourth time
- Macon mayor to push for baseball even if vote fails
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- 3 'persons of interest' sought in hiking trail killing
- US, Japan museums united on Missouri, Yamato battleships
- Assisted suicide opponents vow to fight California law
- New auto safety technologies leave some drivers bewildered
- Golden Gate Park slaying victim was a Canadian woman
- Harvard's prestigious debate team loses to NY inmates
- Judge tosses conviction in NYC tourist killing; man freed
- Alabama station looks to press charges against commissioner
- The Latest: Part of I-95 reopens to local traffic
- Fighting erupts in central Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- Guatemala to investigate for those responsible for mudslide
- Bank of China ordered to release counterfeiters' records
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear smugglers sought terrorist buyers
- UN envoy says peace process is `back on track' in Mali
- 5 arrested in connection with Sydney police worker's killing
- Prosecutor: Burkina Faso coup leader formally charged
- Carter sounds nearly ready to open combat jobs to women
- Carter: "Deeply regrets" Afghanistan hospital attack
- Vatican: Pope Francis to visit Mexico next year, no date yet
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!