TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta train stations reopened after smoke prompts closures
PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) -- An eastern Alabama city has reached a settlement with a woman who said her eye socket was fractured when a police officer punched her in May 2014.
- Rapper Rick Ross released from jail in metro Atlanta
- Man, teen arrested in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Atlanta train stations evacuated due to smoky conditions
- Regulators order end to Kemper rate increase, plan refunds
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Education Dept. dismisses Asian groups' complaint
- Plane deploys chute, lands in Houston-area neighborhood
- Study: More than a third of US college students transferred
- Senate GOP balks at Cuba embassy restrictions
- Groups call for Hindu, vegan displays at Arkansas Capitol
- Florida county votes to fly Confederate flag once again
- Report: Troops face hassles with student loans, despite law
- Report: Plane in deadly Alaska crash had safety technology
- Ex-Bosnian guard extradited to face war-crimes charges
- Rain makes annual Detroit-area Mud Day for kids even muddier
- The Latest: Crowds cheer pope on his way to education speech
- The Latest: Pope gives bear hugs to children in Ecuador
- Doctors declare former Guatemalan dictator unfit for trial
- Spain: Alhambra palace director resigns amid investigation
- The Latest: Head of Ecuador's bishops praises pope's visit
- Burundi ruling party wins majority in parliament
- Outgoing US ambassador to Poland is honored for his service
- Afghan official: Senior Islamic State figure killed
- Algeria says 102 extremists 'neutralized' so far this year
- Israel: UNESCO 'ignores' Jewish, Christian ties to Jerusalem
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!