TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- Man found stabbed to death in Roswell
- Atlanta developer plans to add 6 stories to high rise
- Interstate 285 reopened after charter-bus accident
- 7-foot bear breaks out of Ellijay garage
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Severe weather expected across the Southeast
- Liotta recalls Scorsese discussion before 'Goodfellas' shoot
- Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fruit trees
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Not a Clinton pile-on
- Search goes on for missing fisherman; was rescued last year
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Paul on abortion
- Autopsy: Indiana University student died from head injuries
- Nephew killed as people gather for homicide victim's funeral
- US sending disaster response team, $1 million aid to Nepal
- Angst about Iran deal at GOP Jewish meeting
- Mother in custody dispute freed after 8 years behind bars
- Eds: Recasts throughout. With AP Photos. AP Video.
- Acting police chief, civilian killed in southern Afghanistan
- More aftershocks as aid begins arriving
- Eds: Updates death toll, Minor edits throughout. With AP Photos. AP Video.
- By BINAJ GURUBACHARYA and MUNEEZA NAQVI
- Indonesia gives 72-hour executions notice
- Kazakhstan goes to polls as president expected to win
- Sweden: 2 Swedish hostages released in Syria
- UN chief appeals to Indonesia to stop planned executions
- Volcano still active, but Chile no longer expects 3rd blast
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!