TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person killed, 3 others wounded in DeKalb County shooting
- Plane Train at Atlanta's airport to get major overhaul
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- Salman Rushdie to deliver lecture on human rights at Emory
- Kennesaw State to host high school science bowl
- Before harbor gets deepened, Confederate shipwreck must go
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead 2 Senate subcommittees
- Georgia House leaders to introduce transportation plan
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead Senate subcommittee
- Convictions tossed for 9 South Carolina men who integrated lunch counter in 1961
- Fugitive treasure hunter to appear in Florida federal court
- Military judge weighs restrictions on Gitmo female guards
- Attorney General nominee moves closer to confirmation
- Police barracks ambush suspect due to enter plea
- Most of Hawaii's coral recover from mass bleaching
- Now on death row, Fort Hood gunman Hasan to appear in court
- Squatters slow Detroit's plan to bulldoze way to prosperity
- Top US colleges push for more diverse students from China
- Measles outbreak with Disney park origins grows to 95 cases
- Transfer station readies for reopening amid stalled lava
- Uganda: Mass trial over alleged terror ties to start
- WHO: Ebola response shifts to ending epidemic
- Boat carrying migrants sinks near Bangladesh; 20 missing
- UN chief: Boko Haram to top discussions at Africa Union meet
- Rome Jewish leader triggers police intervention at Auschwitz
- UN seeking $3.1 billion to help children at risk
- Russia suspends role in Europe's human rights watchdog
- Series of Taliban attacks leaves 17 dead in Afghanistan
- Police question child who backed Charlie Hebdo attackers
- Myanmar tallies 1,114 bird species, 20 previously unrecorded
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!