Friday Night: A clear sky with an overnight low near 30.
Saturday: Partly sunny and warmer with an afternoon ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Grady no longer accepting major insurer
- More than a dozen horses die in Woodstock fire
- George Takei to narrate Atlanta Symphony concerts
- Police fear gunman may be targeting homeless
- Deputy wounded by shotgun expected to recover
- Gwinnett County police: Pedestrian deaths on rise
- Flying tire kills woman as she walks along road
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7 percent
- State parks open Thanksgiving, Christmas, Jan. 1
- Legislative panel to discuss DeKalb cityhood
- Suspected shooter dead in downtown Austin gunfire
- Black Friday: a two-day affair
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Ginsburg back at home, expected at court next week
- Growers grateful for higher Christmas tree prices
- 2 NY children rescued from snowbank
- Early bird shoppers turn out on Thanksgiving
- Visitors crowd Vegas buffets for a day of feasting
- Small quake rattles California wine country
- 1-year-old unharmed in New Orleans carjacking
- Attacks kill 9 people in Iraq
- Nearly 600 migrants get temporary shelter on Crete
- Malaysia Airlines says 3Q losses expanded
- Austria: 13 radical Islamic suspects arrested
- Families of kidnapped Lebanese soldiers protest
- Sri Lanka candidate vows to protect incumbent
- UK's Cameron to curb benefits for immigrants
- Sarkozy's back -- but can he regain the presidency?
- Pope wades into Mideast turmoil with Turkish visit
- Russian warships wait out storm in English Channel
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!