Tonight: A clearing sky and more comfortable with a low in the mid/upper 60s. A light north wind.
Friday: Sunny and a little less humid. Hot, with an afternoon high in the upper 80s to near 90. A west wind at 5-10mph. An isolated ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man injured in Sandy Springs apartment shooting
- Ga. governor chides president over young migrants
- Teen's complaint seeks schooling during pregnancy
- Ga. investigated complaint against Dalton plant
- Ga. teen sues for in-home classes during pregnancy
- Casino company offers apology after boat got stuck
- Construction worker dies after falling from tower
- Georgia releases student growth tool
- Witnesses to plane crash give differing accounts
- Bus stranded after mechanical woes, driver illness
- 2 women guilty in California nightclub beating
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- Investigators release sketch in missing teen case
- Key senator urges Myanmar to reform constitution
- Obama: Plane stiffens Europe's spine on sanctions
- Reporter among 3 Americans believed held by Iran
- Arkansas base lockdown blamed on mistaken identity
- Judge: James Holmes sanity exam can be recorded
- Day 3 of deliberations ends in Ventura lawsuit
- Ohio woman gets 32 years in forced labor case
- Witness: Teen's plane didn't show obvious distress
- UN urges quick implementation of CAR cease-fire
- 6 to stand trial in group home case in Mexico
- Trinidad pair cleared of caging protected animals
- 3 charged in Nicaragua bus attacks that killed 5
- Uruguay leader thirsty for Paraguay's yerba mate
- UN says 9 trucks enter Syria from Turkey with aid
- Jewish group wants Turkish PM to return award
- Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
- Gunmen slay Nigerian traditional leader
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!