Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Northwest 10-15 mph.
Tonight: Clear skies with a low in the mid 40s. North wind 5-10.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Prosecutors meet to discuss gun violence
- 2 arrested in fatal Coweta County shooting
- NTSB: Pilot errors, lack of sleep led to crash
- Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola
- Ebola causing spike in demand for hospital gear
- Man killed when tractor overturns in pond
- Ga man charged in wife's death on Ala highway
- Witnesses recall how plane crashed in Gainesville
- Officer fires at car after pedestrians struck
- Jury to resume deliberations in county CEO trial
- Jury to decide if Tsarnaev friend was liar or high
- Texas man admits setting 1986 fire, killing 2 boys
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- 5 Jonestown victims buried in California
- One American released from North Korea
- Gary Hart named envoy to Northern Ireland
- California fire victim reunited with rescuer
- N. America treated to partial solar eclipse Thurs.
- Golden Gate Bridge officials float sidewalk toll
- Snowden: Bombing shows limits of mass surveillance
- Ancient Greek well yields rare wooden statue
- Submarine hunt exposes Swedish readiness gap
- IAPA: press freedom deteriorating in the Americas
- Police find dead infants in Winnipeg locker
- Oil CEO in sad toll of famed plane crash victims
- Anti-government cleric ends protest in Islamabad
- Police in Macedonia arrest 9 in helicopter scam
- Activists, militants: Islamic State group fighters seize weapons airdrop meant for Kurds
- British man guilty in hammer attack on UAE women
- UK eavesdropping agency head defends work
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!