Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man shot and killed in Atlanta suburb of Lithonia
- Police identify man shot near Underground Atlanta
- Man stabbed after opening door to his hotel room in Augusta
- Man working on car along road struck, killed by vehicle
- Man faces murder charges after gun fires, striking toddler
- Legislators dub 2015 General Assembly 'year of the child'
- Hall County graduates record number of female firefighters
- Final service for Presbyterian church in Lexington
- Marietta schools superintendent proposes teacher raises
- Man shot in downtown Atlanta parking deck
- 3 congregants killed when semi slams into church van
- 5 Tufts students go on hunger strike over janitor layoffs
- 4.0 magnitude quake near San Francisco suburb
- Waitress to governor: Give tip to Kansas schools
- Arizona girl dies after swing set breaks suddenly
- All-female Smith College to accept transgender applicants
- Giant billowing aerial sculpture installed over Boston park
- Baltimore lifts curfew after days of tension
- Police: Mother threw baby off bridge into river, then jumped
- Cops hail man who fatally shoots suspect outside Utah store
- Puerto Rico governor signs order legalizing medical pot
- Nepal shuts airport to big jets; more bodies found
- Rebels kill 8 Indian paramilitary soldiers
- Freed Nigerian captives tell of harrowing experiences
- Small group of nationalist Russian bikers enters Germany
- Spain premier makes visit to 2 west African countries
- Egypt charges 40 over allegedly being Islamic State members
- Memorial to slain French Jewish man vandalized
- John Kerry tries to pacify Israeli worries over Iran deal
- Togo court declares president re-elected from final results
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!