Tonight: Partly cloudy with a few showers. Low in the mid to upper 60s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person injured in Savannah shooting
- Nunn asks for 5 debates in Senate race
- 2 US Ebola victims to arrive at metro Atlanta base
- Fund set up for woman who was attacked on trail
- Duke: Oconee didn't do everything to prevent leak
- 1st piece in place for zip line over Chattahoochee
- Brookhaven police make arrests after man is killed
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
- Low cost carrier to begin flying between Ga., Va.
- Ga. juvenile justice dept. adds ombudsman's office
- GPS satellite launched into space
- Search ends for 3 believed killed by sex offenders
- House Roll Call: $694 million bill for immigration
- House OKs bill to address border crisis
- Congress backs Israel's Iron Dome missile defense
- Records show Arizona inmate was injected 15 times
- Jurors will consider manslaughter against agent
- Rare whale fossil pulled from California backyard
- California prisons change mental health treatment
- Ebola forces Mormon missionaries from West Africa
- Landslide blocks mountain river; 6 people die
- Hamas: Missing soldier likely killed in strike
- Factory blast in east China kills more than 40
- China bladder trade sending porpoise to extinction
- Searchers find remains at Malaysia Airlines crash site
- Remains of Air Algerie crash victims now in Paris
- Iran opens first state-run alcohol rehab center
- 62 killed in Gaza; Israeli soldier feared captured
- Uruguayan pot marketplace may go up in smoke
- UN chief blames Hamas for breaking cease-fire
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!