Today: Mostly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s.
Tonight: Clouds returning and not as cold with an overnight low in the mid to upper 40s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Acting Cumberland Island chief to stay permanently
- Old meat processing site now island research lab
- Water main break floods Atlanta street
- Atlanta Braves change policy on guns in stadium
- Man killed, woman wounded in Union City shooting
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent
- Atlanta to host jazz concert, party in cemetery
- Funerals scheduled for 2 Atlanta firefighters
- Georgia State appoints first innovation officer
- Ex-Ga. sheriff's deputy convicted of battery
- Iranian woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
- Nevada supe: Kids are victims in cheating scandal
- Water from Oregon reservoir tests clean
- Ky. jury says ex-priest should serve 15 years
- Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum
- Dirty creek, old purse solve four-decade mystery
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
- Former priest's lawyer asks jury for leniency
- New Hampshire death penalty repeal fails by 1 vote
- Turkey approves controversial spy agency bill
- S. Sudan: 12 die after mob attacks UN base
- Taliban abduct Afghan police officers, kill 4
- Snowden questions Putin on surveillance policies
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- UN envoy urges Syria's warring sides to save Homs
- 2 die, 3 missing as Spanish fishing boat capsizes
- FBI probe dims outlook for 9/11 case at Guantanamo
- Ex-Senegalese president's son to face graft trial
- Germany: Somali gets 12 years for tanker hijacking
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!