Tonight: Clear and cool with an overnight low in the mid 50s.
Wednesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
Beautiful ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Coast Guard and Navy to conduct exercise off Ga.
- UGA to unveil portrait of former president Adams
- Suspect in Atlanta-area shooting arrested in Miami
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Senator: Drop nomination of controversial judge
- Body of man who fell from lake dock found
- Lawyer: Mom in hot car death case passed polygraph
- Man gets 5 years for restroom recordings in Cobb
- Districts in Orlando, Atlanta split school prize
- Police investigating Ga. shooting arrest Wisc. man
- Pentagon: US, partners begin airstrikes in Syria
- Obama confronts multiple crises at UN meetings
- Los Angeles Register ends publication immediately
- Stubborn fire forces evacuations at LA port
- Accused White House intruder armed in July arrest
- Tensions high as ambush suspect evades capture
- Afghan president-elect seeks favor in Washington
- Marathon suspect's friend due in court for hearing
- Conservative scholar faces sentencing
- Bin Laden spokesman faces possible life term
- France won't stop fight in Iraq despite kidnapping
- Ukraine rebels say they withdraw heavy artillery
- Afghanistan's Karzai takes one last swipe at US
- Man stabs 5 people in northeastern Spanish city
- Rights group: Nepal conflict-era rapes unpunished
- Poland plans to buy missiles for its F-16s from US
- 28 dead in landslides, floods in northeast India
- WHO: 21,000 Ebola cases by November if no changes
- Lawyer: Uighur scholar in China gets life sentence
- Guatemala emergency measures after deadly clash
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!