Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County
- Expo planned for military veterans, others looking for work
- Police: Tip leads to new search for teen missing since 2007
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings
- The Latest: Neighbor says man shot by police was watching TV
- Missouri court throws out dispute over Ferguson prosecution
- FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Plea ends former police chief's case in death of black man
- Tropical Storm Fred is weakening in the Atlantic
- 1st Freddie Gray hearing since 6 officers charged in death
- Opening statements near in trial of Alabama officer
- Clerk in gay marriage fight once unlikely to wage moral war
- Oldest survivor of San Francisco earthquake of 1906 dies
- American recalls French train attack on Jimmy Fallon show
- California DOJ to unveil website with law enforcement data
- Obama visit puts spotlight on rough plight in rural Alaska
- 3 migrants or refugees missing off Greek island found safe
- The Latest on Thailand: Arrest warrant for Turkish man
- UN envoy notes 'tangible results' in talks with Libya envoys
- Congo warlord Bosco Ntaganda goes on trial at ICC
- Report: 11 migrants drown, 5 missing off Turkish coast
- The Latest on Thailand: Police say suspect speaks Turkish
- Suspected US drone strike kills 6 in northwest Pakistan
- Eurostar train turned back amid disruptions around Calais
- Masked men kidnap 16 Turkish workers in Baghdad
- Hungary railway station remains closed to migrants
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!