Tonight: Becoming cloudy Showers possible very late. An overnight low in the upper 50s to near 60. A south wind at 10-15mph.
Friday: Showers and some thunderstorms during the morning, then breezy and drier by midday and the afternoon. An afternoon ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bond denied for woman charged in NC kidnapping
- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring
- Macon child care center ordered to close
- Deal signs bill restricting some abortion coverage
- Gov. Deal signs 'medical amnesty' bill
- Ga. governor approves referendum on dorm taxes
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker
- Parents of infant found dead held on drug charges
- Miss. girl, 2, found unharmed in south Georgia
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate drops to 6.8 percent
- Criminal probe into NYC heiress' life is over
- Rabbit heads left in 2 sisters' mailboxes
- New Jersey forest fire burns half a square mile
- Kerry warns Russia of expensive new sanctions
- NJ fire burns 300 acres; some let back into homes
- Christian leader: Attack not motivated by religion
- DHS sec'y puts ex-watchdog on leave after report
- Pellet gun firing cause Navy base lockdown
- 5 Things to Know about Colorado pot revenue
- Miss. probing death of infant whose parents fled
- UN Yemen envoy says rebel group agrees to talks
- US threatens to pull aid to Haiti over late vote
- Explosion targets journalist's car in Cameroon
- Hagel says Russian military exercises up tensions
- Residents of conflictive Rio slum stage protest
- UN chief: Syria war threatens Lebanon's stability
- Vatican: Pope's private calls don't reflect policy
- US awards $4M to help Haitians hurt by drought
- Mexican vigilantes search caves for cartel leader
- Police capture fugitive in Puerto Rico
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!