Wednesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the upper 70s mountains to lower 80s valley. A northeast wind at 5-10mph.
Wednesday Night: ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bond set for UGA student accused of making threat
- GA attorney general's office pays ethics case fine
- Man gets 10 months for dumping waste in DC river
- Simpson Lumber Company offered for sale
- Fox Theatre thanks Atlanta for saving it
- Burning smell prompts evacuations at hospital
- Part of hospital evacuated as crews battle fire
- Plane, 2 men still missing after weeklong search
- Man found stabbed to death in south Fulton County
- Symphony postpones concerts amid labor dispute
- 10 Things to Know-Wednesday
- 4 injured in natural gas tank blast in Wyoming
- Traffic resumes on highway hit by deadly landslide
- Retired UConn athletic director John Toner dies
- Denver area students walk out of school in protest
- Driver charged in fatal Delaware bus crash
- Bestselling book banned from middle schools
- PM: Haiti to hold much-delayed vote ASAP
- Injuries reported in Wyoming gas tank blast
- Woman breaks window, rescues baby in San Antonio
- Ex-Chinese planning official on trial for graft
- Toronto's mayor resting at home after chemo
- Obama urges world to follow US lead on climate
- Arab states single out Israel at IAEA
- Eds: Updates to include increased aid from the EU. With AP Photos.
- EU increases Syria refugee aid by $280 million
- US: Syria failed to confront Islamic State havens
- Mexico: 2 burned bodies found in congressman's car
- Algerian troops search for kidnapped Frenchman
- US: Over 50 countries agree to fight extremists
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!