Today: Windy and cold. Some flurries and snow showers ending. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 40s. A north wind creating a Wind Chill in the 30s. Wind North 15-30 mph.
Tonight: Clearing and much colder with freezing ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Snow seen in north Ga. as winter freeze hits early
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- The "Lucky Money" jackpot rolled over to $800,000 after no winner claimed the jackpot.
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins $221,031.55 jackpot
- Ga. man gets 19 years in prison for molesting girl
- Man charged in officer shooting says he has PTSD
- Police bust prostitution ring in metro Atlanta
- Freeze watch across north and central Georgia
- Clinton: Ga. Senate race vote on promise of future
- Old DeKalb County jail burns again
- Jury deliberations begin in band hazing trial
- Bodies of 3 Kansas plane crash victims removed
- Reunion for Dallas nurse who survived Ebola, dog
- 1 Dem Senate candidate welcoming Obama's help
- New question in Texas: Can Davis survive defeat?
- California storm wets Giants parade, heads south
- Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits
- It's time to fall back an hour, get extra shut-eye
- 2 children, woman hit by car in Halloween crash
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- Nurse free to move about as restrictions eased
- Kurds in Turkey rally to back city besieged by IS
- Spain police nab 19 suspected of trafficking women
- Boko Haram leader threatens to kill German hostage
- UN panel scrambling to finish climate report
- 8 convicted for alleged same-sex wedding in Egypt
- Russia's top radio station slapped by government
- Bikers cancel party after police recover bar
- Cruise ship stuck off Norway, no damage
- UN: At least 1,273 Iraqis killed in October
- 2nd soldier claims presidency in Burkina Faso
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!