Today: Mostly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s.
Tonight: Clouds returning and not as cold with an overnight low in the mid to upper 40s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance ... More...
TWC to offer information session for prospective students
Tennessee Wesleyan College will offer an evening information session on Friday, January 18 at 6:30 p.m. in Glenn Lowe Dining Room in the college's Sherman Fine Arts Building. The session will provide free information for prospective transfer, evening and graduate students. Including a complimentary dinner, the session will cover scholarships, financial aid and the transcript evaluation process.
"This information session is the perfect opportunity for prospective students seeking a higher education to explore several different programs available at TWC,” said Stefanie West, TWC associate director of enrollment services for the ME degree evening program. “Both traditional and non-traditional students will gain valuable knowledge which will help them determine which program is best suited for their individual situations and goals.”
Prospective students interested in transferring, bachelor’s degree completion or continuing their education with a master’s in curriculum leadership should bring copies of college transcripts. TWC enrollment specialists will be available to advise on course listings needed to complete each student’s bachelor’s or master’s degree.
“If someone is interested in seeking a bachelor's degree, our traditional day program offers more than thirty different majors to choose from, while our ME Degree Evening Program is an accelerated curriculum format specifically designed for working adults who are interested in management excellence with emphasis options in accounting, healthcare management or human resource management,” said West. “Anyone interested in seeking a master's degree should attend to find out more about our graduate program in curriculum leadership."
Tennessee Wesleyan began offering its first master’s degree this past summer with plans to expand its graduate program offerings in the future.
“I am beyond excited to have the opportunity to showcase our new graduate program,” said Lacey Stewart, TWC enrollment specialist. “I look forward to meeting and answering any and all questions prospective graduate students might have about what Tennessee Wesleyan offers.”
For more information or to RSVP for the complimentary dinner and information session, contact Stefanie West by email at email@example.com or by phone at 423-252-1114 by Monday, January 14.
TWC to offer information session for prospective students Monday, January 7 2013, 12:08 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent
- Atlanta to host jazz concert, party in cemetery
- Funerals scheduled for 2 Atlanta firefighters
- Georgia State appoints first innovation officer
- Ex-Ga. sheriff's deputy convicted of battery
- Deal signs medical school scholarship regulation
- GA insurance commissioner releases enrollment data
- 2 charged in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father
- Thousands using new Ga. online voter registration
- US transportation secretary visits Atlanta
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before US appeals court
- Little government response to bombing a year later
- Texas town recovering year after deadly blast
- Owners end legal fight, sell land to Summit County
- Blast at Tennessee plant kills 1, injures 3
- Number of missing in Washington mudslide drops
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Fire truck rams California eatery; 14 injured
- Troopers issue report on fatal Fla. day care crash
- Rights groups ask Nepal to scarp amnesty bill
- Journalists charged with defaming Thailand's navy
- Moderate earthquake jolts southern Iran
- India struggles with rebel threats during election
- Ukraine, US to alternately cajole, threaten Russia
- Conditions hampering search of South Korea ferry
- Malaysian lawmaker and lawyer Karpal Singh dies
- Lawyers in 9/11 at Gitmo case seek to question FBI
- uFly fires flight simulator who appeared on CNN
- Nigerian military: 100+ kidnapped students free
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!