Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. gov candidates talk ethics during 2nd debate
- Georgia Gov. Deal forming Ebola response team
- Researchers seek to combat bat disease
- Boston man pleads guilty to LA, GA drug charges
- UGA postpones visit from Liberian journalist
- Ga. agency upgrading phone system to meet demand
- Doraville tops list of traffic fines per capita
- County performer Dustin Lynch hit by beer can
- 19-year-old NC A&T student killed at party
- Car chase leads to fatal crash in East Point
- Obama keeps his schedule clear to focus on Ebola
- Lawyers due in court in marathon bombing case
- NY Gov. Cuomo raises profile -- but for what?
- Survey: Pay raises rarer despite strong US hiring
- Ana downgraded to tropical storm; Hawaii relaxes
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Hawaii residents relax as hurricane threat eases
- 3-year-old girl beaten to death in NYC, police say
- Robotic device helps paralyzed groom walk aisle
- Super drunk woman arrested, mistook jail for bar
- Attacks on Afghan checkpoints kill 4 troops
- Expelled Nazis paid millions in Social Security
- Federal police take control of 13 towns in Mexico
- China's ruling party opens meeting on rule of law
- Kerry seeks Asia's help in anti-Islamic State push
- Mudslides from rains kill 6 in southern Mexico
- Australia's Parliament House lifts face veil ban
- Australia to deploy 200 special forces in Iraq
- Sweden: 3 credible sightings in submarine search
- Kenya: 5 terrorists killed, car bomb recovered
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!