Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta Hawks unveiling Dominique Wilkins statue
- Lawmakers expected to talk transportation, schools, religion
- Ga. entrepreneur sentenced for hiding income overseas
- Ga. man sentenced in embezzlement from Grady Hospital
- Police: Detective fatally shot in 'ambush' outside Atlanta
- GA man sentenced in DUI crash that killed wife after wedding
- Deputy shoots, wounds man in central Georgia
- Man faces murder charge in killing of taxi driver's son
- Sleet, freezing rain possible in north Georgia
- Fulton County police officer shot and killed in line of duty
- Alabama justices: Until high court rules, we're in charge
- Clinton emails inject Obama's administration into 2016 fray
- Fate of Obama health law subsidies rests with 2 justices
- Veterinarian detained in East Timor returns to Oregon
- US finds racist, profit-driven practices in Ferguson
- Autopsy fails to pinpoint death cause for Oregon baby in car
- Second Los Angeles hospital reports 'superbug' infections
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Fire at Oregon mobile home kills 3
- Firefighters rescue dog trapped in gap between walls
- Turkish military jet crashes; 2 pilots killed
- Last Ebola patient to be released in Liberia
- Ex-Ukraine minister arrested in Spain for embezzlement
- Singapore sentences 2 Germans to caning for vandalism
- Faucet theft from German spy building causes water leak
- Death toll in east Ukraine mine blast reaches 32
- Kerry in Saudi Arabia to talk Iran, Yemen instability
- Myanmar police drag away protesting factory workers
- Iranian special operatives free diplomat abducted in Yemen
- After Ebola ban, N. Korea opens marathon to foreigners
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!