This will be followed by dry and much cooler weather through midweek. Daily highs near 80 and morning lows in the 50s. Fall officially ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Body left near railroad tracks in Atlanta
- University of Georgia to celebrate centennial
- Emory to celebrate life and work of Seamus Heaney
- Polk County sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta
- Juror dismissed in trial of suspended DeKalb CEO
- Authorities ID men believed to be on missing plane
- Court to hear appeal of federal death row inmate
- UGA closer to building indoor football field
- Death penalty sought in death of Griffin officer
- March on global warming expected to draw thousands
- Feds censure local police, yet give lethal weapons
- Security breach prompts more White House security
- US applauds Afghan power-sharing agreement
- NASA's Maven explorer arriving at Mars after year
- Day 9 begins in hunt for trooper slaying suspect
- Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop
- Police taking precautions in ambush suspect search
- Residents return to homes as ambush suspect hunted
- 5 killed in Pennsylvania car crash, including kids
- US general: Arab nations needed in Iraq, Syria
- Hopes dim for return of Philippine troops to Golan
- Attacks kill 6 people in Iraq
- Turkey: We'll keep secret behind hostage release
- Syria blasts coalition against Islamic State
- Ukraine says it won't pull back troops just yet
- Wife of UK hostage issues plea to militants
- Spanish judge indicts 9 persons for cyber fraud
- Pope denounces perversion of religion for violence
- UN: 70,000 Syrians escape fighting to Turkey
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!