Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- Police: Man accidentally shoots himself at gun show
- Atlanta pedestrian struck by vehicle, killed in Savannah
- Tough topics face Ga. lawmakers in session's final week
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Woman killed in Clayton County stabbing
- Oregon police kill cougar above popular hiking trail
- Montana ski area back in operation after Saturday evacuation
- Official: Debris from NYC blast going to secure location
- Indiana governor: 'We're not going to change this law'
- Obama golfs with big money, oil moguls in Florida
- Library of Congress acquires rare trove of Civil War images
- Institute honoring the late Sen. Kennedy to open in Boston
- Northeast, despite highest gas costs, resists more pipelines
- Drownings along Rio Grande spike after enforcement surge
- WWII heroes to give congressional gold medal to Ohio museum
- Thousands protest voting problems in Nigerian oil capital
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Activists: Syrians flee city seized by al-Qaida, rebel factions, fearing government reprisals
- Israel installs solar panels at parliament to save energy
- Air Canada plane skids off runway on 'abrupt' landing in Halifax; 23 taken to hospital
- Boko Haram advance on northern city as Nigerians vote
- Nigerians continue voting Sunday, after technical hitches and despite extremist violence
- Egypt prosecutor names Brotherhood leaders as terrorists
- US troops drive in eastern Europe to show defense readiness
- Activists: Syria government forces killed detainees in Idlib
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!