Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
(Pictured: 2012 Holmberg Leadership Class)
Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga is seeking candidates for the 2012 Bill Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute, a seven-part series designed to fully engage participants in the arts community. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 17, 2012.
Launched in 2005 in memory of long-time board member and arts advocate A. William Holmberg, Jr., the institute offers behind-the-scenes site visits to cultural and educational institutions, case studies of arts agencies, panel discussions with community leaders, and a unique forum for pursuing shared goals among arts leaders, business leaders, educators, and philanthropic foundations.
“The institute embodies the spirit of Mr. Holmberg’s passion for the arts,” said Maury Nicely, Allied Arts board member and Chair of the leadership institute. “The classes, the speakers, the whole curriculum reflect Mr. Holmberg’s vision. The participants become equipped to be part of the driving force behind our arts community. It’s a wonderful way to become involved in Chattanooga’s arts and culture scene in a meaningful way.”
Participants will receive a copy of Daniel Pink’s book, “A Whole New Mind,” a critically acclaimed examination of the six essential aptitudes on which professional success and personal fulfillment now depend.
Participation is open to residents of the greater Chattanooga area who have demonstrated passionate support and advocacy for the arts and who have made a commitment to making a difference in the quality of life in the community. Past participants have gone on to serve on Boards of Directors and in other leadership positions with Allied Arts and other cultural agencies.
With keynote speakers and panelists drawn from the community’s leaders, classes will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the following days: September 11, September 25, October 2, October 16, October 30, November 6. The last class on November 20, will be followed by a graduation luncheon from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. An evening orientation will be held on Monday, September 10th 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
A maximum of 30 people have the opportunity participate in the program each year. Tuition is $250, with limited scholarships available. To apply, candidates can print out an application at www.alliedartschattanooga.org and submit it with and a letter of recommendation by Friday, August 17, 2012 to Rodney Van Valkenburg, Allied Arts, 406 Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37405 or by e-mail to Rodneyvv@alliedartschattanooga.org. For more information, contact Allied Arts at (423) 756-2787.
Established in 1969, Allied Arts is a non-profit united arts fund that exists to galvanize broad participation in and widespread support for the arts.Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Suspected Jacksonville bus shooter arrested in Georgia
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta
- Prosecutor to seek indictment in jail death of Savannah man
- Macon woman's index finger bitten off during fight
- Arrest made in 2012 slaying of Augusta security guard
- Atlanta man dies after being shot in leg during argument
- Senior invites soldier who rescued family to graduation
- Dog found dead, hanging on a chain off bridge in Atlanta
- Egg prices surge to record on shortage caused by bird flu
- DC authorities: Ex-con had help in slaying of rich family
- NY judge: Release testimony by Rosenberg brother in spy case
- Suspect in Florida school bus shooting arrested in Georgia
- Las Vegas feels magnitude-5.4 earthquake 100-plus miles away
- Ex-con who worked for rich family arrested in their deaths
- Obama signs bill giving Congress a say on Iran nuclear deal
- Adult dating site investigating possible breach of user data
- The Latest on Waco shooting: Texas lawmakers OK biker bill
- Man charged after pushing past Los Angeles airport security
- Romanian ex-mayor sentenced to prison for real estate deals
- EU chief Juncker calls Hungary's Orban 'dictator' -- in jest
- UK tabloid reporter found guilty in bribery case
- Currency tumbles as Venezuelans look to offload bolivars
- UN concerned over human rights, democracy in Macedonia
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Dutch government plans limited ban on face-covering clothing
- Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Muhammad
- Suspect in Tunisia attack claims innocence at 1st hearing
- UN says Hungarian questionnaire risks spreading xenophobia
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!