Tonight: A partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the low 60s (50s away from the city)
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny with an afternoon high in the low/mid 80s.
By ... More...
Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
(Pictured: 2012 Holmberg Leadership Class)
Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga is seeking candidates for the 2012 Bill Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute, a seven-part series designed to fully engage participants in the arts community. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 17, 2012.
Launched in 2005 in memory of long-time board member and arts advocate A. William Holmberg, Jr., the institute offers behind-the-scenes site visits to cultural and educational institutions, case studies of arts agencies, panel discussions with community leaders, and a unique forum for pursuing shared goals among arts leaders, business leaders, educators, and philanthropic foundations.
“The institute embodies the spirit of Mr. Holmberg’s passion for the arts,” said Maury Nicely, Allied Arts board member and Chair of the leadership institute. “The classes, the speakers, the whole curriculum reflect Mr. Holmberg’s vision. The participants become equipped to be part of the driving force behind our arts community. It’s a wonderful way to become involved in Chattanooga’s arts and culture scene in a meaningful way.”
Participants will receive a copy of Daniel Pink’s book, “A Whole New Mind,” a critically acclaimed examination of the six essential aptitudes on which professional success and personal fulfillment now depend.
Participation is open to residents of the greater Chattanooga area who have demonstrated passionate support and advocacy for the arts and who have made a commitment to making a difference in the quality of life in the community. Past participants have gone on to serve on Boards of Directors and in other leadership positions with Allied Arts and other cultural agencies.
With keynote speakers and panelists drawn from the community’s leaders, classes will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the following days: September 11, September 25, October 2, October 16, October 30, November 6. The last class on November 20, will be followed by a graduation luncheon from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. An evening orientation will be held on Monday, September 10th 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
A maximum of 30 people have the opportunity participate in the program each year. Tuition is $250, with limited scholarships available. To apply, candidates can print out an application at www.alliedartschattanooga.org and submit it with and a letter of recommendation by Friday, August 17, 2012 to Rodney Van Valkenburg, Allied Arts, 406 Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37405 or by e-mail to Rodneyvv@alliedartschattanooga.org. For more information, contact Allied Arts at (423) 756-2787.
Established in 1969, Allied Arts is a non-profit united arts fund that exists to galvanize broad participation in and widespread support for the arts.Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Jekyll Island hosting shrimp and grits festival
- France-Atlanta collaboration set for next month
- Ga. suspending online child support payments
- Ebola survivor donating blood to Atlanta patient
- Maduro says foreign media behind fears of epidemic
- Ex-DFCS counselor sentenced in rape, molestation
- GBI probing fatal police shooting in Savannah
- Ga. woman acquitted of voter irregularity charges
- Deal calls for more help to high-demand students
- Ex-Ala. officer resentenced for abuse of power
- Deliberations to resume in Ga. salmonella trial
- Judge to hear objections to Hopkins settlement
- Convicted Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren
- Congress backs Obama on aid to Syrian rebels
- Utah doctor to be sentenced for killing wife
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US bomber
- Search to resume for Texas deputy missing in flood
- Privacy groups take 2nd hit on license plate data
- Fake tweets stir debate about parody, lawsuit
- San Diego school police to return military vehicle
- Spain's Catalonia to take step for secession vote
- Radek Sikorski replaced as Polish foreign minister
- Nigeria: Church obstructed rescue, lives lost
- Airlines halt flights to Yemen amid fighting
- Scots reject independence in historic vote
- Malaysian activist jailed a year for sedition
- Hunt for missing Malaysia plane to resume
- Maduro says foreign media behind fears of epidemic
- UN fears food shortages for Syrians
- Boyfriend jeans a hit on the Milan runway
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!