Today: Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs in the low 80s with wind from the North 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows around 60.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. A few showers ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Sheriff, pastors to discuss church burglaries
- Ga. health officials seek public input on spending
- Improvements coming to 2 GA driver service centers
- 4 Ga. kids hurt by rolling car, charges filed
- 4 children left in locked SUV, Ga. woman arrested
- Ga. woman sentenced in child abuse case
- GA police officer resigns after shooting man's dog
- Man dies in Ga. country club landscaping accident
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- Latvian fiber glass company announces Ga. project
- Indian senior community part of growing niche
- Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all
- Appeals court allows Sept. 11 steel cross display
- Miller faces sales job on $17B VA health care bill
- Giant ketchup bottle draws tourists in Illinois
- With Israel at war, US lawmakers give full support
- $1,000 pill now hepatitis C treatment of choice
- Conn. man cleared in killing seeks compensation
- Hiker, 13, missing in California national park
- No verdict, no mistrial yet in Ventura libel case
- Kosovo prosecutor suspects some killed for organs
- Passengers stuck in Hawaii for 3 nights get cash
- Lonely Londoners looking to open up to strangers
- Egypt military kills 7 militants in volatile Sinai
- BP warns of impact of Russia sanctions on profits
- Teen survivors haunted by S. Korean ferry sinking
- Death toll rises to 23 in Philippine road attack
- Australia plans to arrest 2 Middle East fighters
- Nepal to allow cremation of Tibetan Buddhist monk
- Synagogue in Germany attacked
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!