Tonight: Scattered evening t-showers, then a better chance of showers and storms late tonight. Lows near 70.
Thursday: ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Sandy Springs police find car taken in carjacking
- Body found in 18-wheeler on I-20 in Warren County
- Atlanta Cyclorama painting to move across town
- Head of troubled CDC anthrax lab has resigned
- Tropical depression weakens to tropical wave
- Fund set up for injured firefighters
- Crews clearing out Savannah homeless camps
- Daycare won't appeal revocation of license
- Tropical depression approaching Lesser Antilles
- DeKalb District Attorney to receive national honor
- Senators push to end Hamas threat in cease-fire
- US pushes for truce as Gaza battle rages
- Seattle police: Homeless arrested most for pot
- FDA warns of compounded drug recall by Texas firm
- Officials release sketch in peacock shooting death
- Ohio veteran cited for ducks hopes for law change
- Sarah Palin cited for speeding in Alaska hometown
- Boehner asks Obama to declare stance on border
- Filmmaker Michael Moore's divorce is finalized
- Fire season in West expected to get more intense
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader goes on trial
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza border
- Central African Republic's rebels sign cease-fire
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Thousands attend tense pro-Gaza march in Paris
- Police officer sentenced to death for killing AP photographer
- 2 bombs kill at least 25 in Kaduna, north Nigeria
- Dutch say black box damaged but voice data ok
- Envoy urges UN to demand halt to Iraq extremists
- Gaza battle rages as US pushes for truce
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!