Tuesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s. A northeast wind at 10mph.
Tuesday Night: Clear and cool with an overnight ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Senator: Drop nomination of controversial judge
- Body of man who fell from lake dock found
- Lawyer: Mom in hot car death case passed polygraph
- Man gets 5 years for restroom recordings in Cobb
- Districts in Orlando, Atlanta split school prize
- Police investigating Ga. shooting arrest Wisc. man
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Developer seeks rezoning for Norcross move studio
- Teen shot to death after party at community center
- Denver deputies face civil trial in preacher death
- Mike Tyson aids motorcyclist after Vegas crash
- Count finds threatened otters holding steady
- TV reporter says she was unbiased on pot issue, before revealing she owned medical marijuana business
- Jury begins review of fatal Ohio Wal-Mart shooting
- Toddler dies after SUV's window closes on his neck
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds of ammunition found in car of White House intruder
- Governor confident ambush suspect will be caught
- Obama to meet leaders of Iraq, Israel, Egypt
- California wildfire crews brace for weather shift
- Guatemala emergency measures after deadly clash
- Lights still out in Los Cabos; death toll now 5
- UN members endorse Indigenous Peoples rights
- Syrian opposition chief urges airstrikes in Syria
- Kidnappers say they'll kill Frenchman unless France ends airstrikes
- Israel court condemns African migrant detentions
- Argentina tries doctors for Dirty War baby thefts
- High-profile Israeli spy Mike Harari dead at 87
- Dozens flock to new Liberia Ebola treatment center
- Computer bungle leads to Mexico child porn arrest
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!