Tuesday Night: A few t-showers are possible during the night. Partly ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Police probe stabbing of pit bull inside pet store
- Crews respond to possible drowning at Lake Lanier
- Storms spark lightning fires in Barrow County
- Inmates tend to garden at Alabama county jail
- Company identifies worker killed at Savannah mill
- Pedestrian killed crossing I-25 ID'd as soldier
- Georgia film studio plan: High drama, few results
- Savannah police seek leads on 2 weekend killings
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- UMass starts semester with giant clambake
- Chicago activist back in court in immigration case
- Flight diverted due to dispute over reclining seat
- More storms roll through Midwest with hail, winds
- Topeka City Council to consider public nudity ban
- $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years
- Tropical Storm Dolly forms off Mexico's coast
- Waldo suspends 2 police chiefs after quota claims
- Marijuana's hazy contribution to highway deaths
- Greece to toughen penalties on hate speech
- Instead of mushrooms, Austrian finds grenade
- Germany opens memorial to Nazis' disabled victims
- Ukraine: Russian forces in major rebel cities
- Austrian police arrest suspected Mideast fighter
- Police abandon posts in Lesotho, fear for lives
- UN provides aid for record 4.1 million in Syria
- UN warns food prices rising in Ebola-hit countries
- UK deputy leader criticizes ill boy case
- Putin's '2 weeks to Kiev' out of context: aide
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!