Friday Night: A clear sky with an overnight low near 30.
Saturday: Partly sunny and warmer with an afternoon ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deputies hurt while breaking up fight in east Ga.
- Grady no longer accepting major insurer
- More than a dozen horses die in Woodstock fire
- George Takei to narrate Atlanta Symphony concerts
- Police fear gunman may be targeting homeless
- Deputy wounded by shotgun expected to recover
- Gwinnett County police: Pedestrian deaths on rise
- Flying tire kills woman as she walks along road
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7 percent
- State parks open Thanksgiving, Christmas, Jan. 1
- Official Christmas tree arrives at White House
- Baby of dead pregnant woman in critical condition
- US stock market trades mixed as oil tumbles
- Mall reports brisk business late Thanksgiving night
- Death row inmate's prison food complaint rejected
- Death row inmate's prison food complaint is tossed
- New effort afoot to restore Houdini's grave in NYC
- Michael Brown's legacy continues to evolve
- NY museum digitizing Harlem Hellfighters records
- Cops: SUV slams into horse-drawn buggy, injuring 7
- Flooding kills at least 4 in French Riviera towns
- Rebels push forward in southern Syria
- French president cheered in Ebola-stricken Guinea
- Nigeria camps struggle with aid for the displaced
- Brazil's GDP grows in third quarter
- Thai legislature approves ban on surrogacy
- Italian man seriously wounded at West Bank protest
- Pope calls for Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey
- UN panel raps US record on torture
- British soldier jailed for making bomb
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!