Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the mid 70s.
Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s away from the city)
Sunday: Mostly sunny and even warmer. ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. polls open statewide for Saturday voting
- Ban on plastic bags proposed for Tybee Island
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- More than 335,000 have voted early in Georgia
- Woman at Ga. homeless camp wounded in knife attack
- Police: Mom, infant rescued from Savannah river
- Hacker gets prison for cyberattack stealing $9.4M
- Emory confirms Ebola no longer detected in nurse
- Emory: Tests no longer detect Ebola virus in nurse
- Woman quarantined in NJ shows no signs of Ebola
- Obama: Science, not fear, key to Ebola response
- Dallas nurse receives thanks, hug from Obama
- Timeline for New York doctor who has Ebola
- Ebola-stricken doc described as driven do-gooder
- School gunman was homecoming prince, students say
- School gunman was Homecoming prince, students say
- Marine death is 1st in campaign against IS
- NY, New Jersey issue stronger Ebola quarantine
- Woman quarantined in New Jersey develops fever
- Number of Islamic extremists growing in Germany
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Expert: 8,000 more Rohingya flee Myanmar
- 15 jailed for life in Argentina 'dirty war' trial
- Egypt declares emergency in northern Sinai
- Brazil presidential rivals face off in debate
- Malaysian officer back to face New Zealand charges
- Dominican agents detain woman with $70K in stomach
- 4 dead during attempted Dominican prison break
- Public donations pay for Argentine national park
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!