Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low 30s.
Friday: Cloudy, the a mix of clouds and sun with an afternoon high in the upper 40s to near 50. A light north wind.
Friday Night: Cloudy with some rain possible late. ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. Guard troops home from Afghanistan in time for holidays
- Ga. audit highlights questionable state spending
- UGA paid more than $40,000 for Gurley's legal help
- Ga. entrepreneur convicted of hiding income abroad
- Logistics company building plant in west Ga.
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Couple arrested after girl, 1, falls out of window
- Mom sent back to jail in New England custody case
- NYC rapper pleads not guilty to gun, drug charges
- Report: Secret Service needs outsider as leader
- Grave of Confederate soldier dug up in Georgia
- Broken treetop hanging on wire gets holiday decor
- NASA's Orion spacecraft back in Florida after test flight
- Obama signs legislation ending benefits for Nazis
- 2nd security clearance investigation contractor hacked
- Oklahoma prisons lawyer says he felt pressured
- World War II bomb defused in German city
- Suspected Islamic extremists kidnap 185 in Nigeria
- Video claims responsibility for Tunisia killings
- Pope Benedict got ball rolling with Cuba on Gross
- Canada woman stops for ducks; sentenced in 2 deaths
- Ireland repays $11 billion to IMF years early
- India's Sonia Gandhi hospitalized for infection
- Mexican legislator rescued from kidnappers
- India's Sonia Gandhi in hospital
- Iraqi Kurdish troops open corridor to Sinjar
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!