Today: Increasing clouds with some scattered light rain late this afternoon. High in the low to mid 80s. East wind around 5 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with some light rain at times. The low in the mid 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Gov. Deal meets with Latino leaders on immigration
- Driver says she was nearly killed by sledgehammer
- Police: Georgia man had 174 pounds of marijuana
- School principal resigns after 2 DUI arrests
- Husband: Wife faces long recovery after attack
- Husband: Wife unrecognizable after attack on trail
- Ga. included in human trafficking training program
- GDOT suspending construction during GA tax holiday
- Nearly 1,400 eligible for UGA summer commencement
- New editor chosen to lead Valdosta Daily Times
- Divided House moves toward vote on border crisis
- White House decries House vote on deportations
- Prize-winning goat disappears from Colorado fair
- Key prosecution witness heard in ex-Va. gov trial
- Expert in porch shooting case talks about hand cut
- Gay couples denied marriage licenses in S.Carolina
- Sudan woman who faced death over faith heads to US
- Fired band director says he fixing vulgar culture
- Man suspected in Irish soldiers' deaths in court
- Virginia, student settle lawsuit over arrest
- China accuses 3 radicals of killing leading imam
- Libya Islamic militias declare control of Benghazi
- Afghan electoral officials to restart vote audit
- Greece to help 'hundreds' of Chinese leave Libya
- Floods submerge south Romania, 2nd person drowns
- Ex-Senegal leader's son starts corruption trial
- Hezbollah commander killed in Iraq
- UK judge opens inquiry into Litvinenko killing
- Pillay: Israel, Hamas committing war crimes
- Dad of jailed reporter: Son a victim of injustice
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!