Today: Partly to mostly sunny with an afternoon high in the low 70s. Light North wind.
Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Va. man wanted in fatal shooting caught in Georgia
- 150 students at Ga. school to be tested for TB
- Body in burned car identified as Atlanta woman
- Georgia probate judge guilty of embezzlement
- In Ga. Senate race, Nunn stumps across north Ga.
- Marietta firm proposes purchase of newspapers
- Plea deal in FAMU case is off the table
- Perdue urging conservatives in final bus tour
- Burned dogs showing up at Georgia animal hospital
- Homeowner kills man during shootout near Atlanta
- Judge ready to bar developers from using Rocky Top
- Police: Man, 65, kicked 102-year-old woman in shin
- 1st arrest made through use of pumpkin riot photos
- Police pursuit ends in bar crash, 12 injured
- Britney Spears to get Vegas key, 'Britney Day'
- Feds probe Maryland air crash that killed 3
- Man shot by SC trooper recovering, seeks justice
- Missouri police preparing for grand jury decision
- Obama offers federal help to NY with Ebola case
- NY doctor back from Guinea has Ebola
- Vienna honors deserters from Hitler's army
- Macedonia: Gay activists hurt in cafe attack
- Gestapo impostor tricked Nazi sympathizers in WWII
- Momentum builds in Rwanda to ban BBC
- China's president pledges $81 million in Ebola aid
- Pat Robertson comment on AIDS angers Kenyans
- Putin accuses US of undermining global stability
- US to compensate Philippines for coral reef damage
- 180 questioned about election fraud in Romania
- Poland appeals Europe court ruling on CIA prison
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!