Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fool's Gold Day Off continues multi-city festival in Atlanta
- Georgia, feds settle allegations against hospital system
- 2 ex-sheriff's worker sentenced on bribery, drug charges
- Parents arrested after abandoned baby was found roadside
- DWI courts aim to change behavior of repeat offenders
- Police: Gunman attacks teacher on her way to school
- Rascal Flatts to headline Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon
- Police suspend search of wells for teen missing since 2007
- Police investigate killing of man south of Atlanta
- Water park set to open in North Augusta next year
- The Latest: Hungarian PM says migrant crisis not resolved
- Oregon judge refuses to perform same-sex marriages
- California lawmakers seek nation's first 'Yes means Yes' high school sexual assault training
- San Diego firm recalls cucumbers after salmonella outbreak
- Texas officer who killed teen hired by police on 3rd try
- Fire at Planned Parenthood in Washington state was arson
- Suspicious, early morning fire damages Planned Parenthood
- Eds: With AP Photos.
- Parents arrested after abandoning baby on the roadside
- Carter Lay, grandson of potato chip maker, dies at 44
- Former archbishop accused of abuse buried in Poland
- Thai police seek 10th suspect in deadly Bangkok bombing
- Islamists dominate cities in Morocco local elections
- UPDATE: Bus fleet in Hungary carries migrants to Austrian welcome
- Drowned Syrian boys' aunt fights to bring family to Canada
- UN threatens sanctions if South Sudan peace deal isn't kept
- Opposition leader arrested in Bolivia
- Germany: 30 apparently suffer amphetamine poisoning
- Thai court sentences 4 to life in prison over rally attack
- Fire in Greek psychiatric hospital leaves 3 dead
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!