Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Ga. men sentenced to life in fatal armed robbery
- 2 men found fatally shot in west Ga. house
- Georgia criminal justice council given 8 grants
- UNLV president search narrows to 3 candidates
- Authorities bust Ga. heroin smuggling operation
- Nunn debuts another Bush ad in Georgia Senate race
- Georgia soldiers being deployed to West Africa
- Georgia governor details Ebola Response Team
- Ebola patient released from Atlanta hospital
- Pilot identified in fatal Ga. small plane crash
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Oklahoma Guard: No injuries after midair collision
- Closing arguments set in trial of Tsarnaev friend
- Reports: Televangelist urged vasectomies, abortion
- Finding victims in Indiana case a lengthy process
- Survey shows media differences due to politics
- America makes 'Wasabi Ginger' favorite new Lay's chip
- Standing ovation at Met Opera despite protest
- No bail for man in Washington shooting spree
- 13 injured in Missouri school bus collision
- Few hopes of success in Hong Kong talks
- Taliban attack kills 4 Afghan soldiers in Kabul
- Harvard student stuck in Mexico gets new US visa
- Driver shot dead after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- Panama suspends Supreme Court judge for corruption
- Former Australia Prime Minister Gough Whitlam dies
- Driver shot after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- EU foreign ministers reject travel ban
- Rehydration was a key in ridding Nigeria of Ebola
- Government OKs Czech troops to stay in Afghanistan
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!