Tonight: A clearing sky and more comfortable with a low in the mid/upper 60s. A light north wind.
Friday: Sunny and a little less humid. Hot, with an afternoon high in the upper 80s to near 90. A west wind at 5-10mph. An isolated ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man injured in Sandy Springs apartment shooting
- Ga. governor chides president over young migrants
- Teen's complaint seeks schooling during pregnancy
- Ga. investigated complaint against Dalton plant
- Ga. teen sues for in-home classes during pregnancy
- Casino company offers apology after boat got stuck
- Construction worker dies after falling from tower
- Georgia releases student growth tool
- Witnesses to plane crash give differing accounts
- Bus stranded after mechanical woes, driver illness
- 2 women convicted of deadly OC nightclub beating
- Alaska train to resume service after cars derail
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- Phoenix breaks temperature with record high of 116
- Obama, Mexico's leader plot border surge strategy
- 2 women guilty in California nightclub beating
- Investigators release sketch in missing teen case
- Key senator urges Myanmar to reform constitution
- Obama: Plane stiffens Europe's spine on sanctions
- Reporter among 3 Americans believed held by Iran
- Australian reporter imprisoned in Egypt to appeal
- Witness: Teen's plane didn't show obvious distress
- UN urges quick implementation of CAR cease-fire
- 6 to stand trial in group home case in Mexico
- Trinidad pair cleared of caging protected animals
- 3 charged in Nicaragua bus attacks that killed 5
- Uruguay leader thirsty for Paraguay's yerba mate
- UN says 9 trucks enter Syria from Turkey with aid
- Jewish group wants Turkish PM to return award
- Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!