Saturday Night: Cloudy with an overnight low in the low 40s.
Sunday: Cloudy with rain ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Accounting oversight triggers Ga. hospital layoffs
- Georgia State to create media production center
- Interim presidents named at 2 GA universities
- UGA looks to boost research funds
- Bus hits plane at Atlanta airport; no one hurt
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Gang members get prison time for violent crimes
- Ferguson announcement does not appear imminent
- City's 'ugly' Christmas tree prompts public outcry
- Woman who was raped, burned dies in Kansas
- Obama, Jeter tee off on exclusive Vegas course
- UVa suspends fraternal activities amid probe
- Police: Pregnant woman, 3 others fatally shot
- Pregnant woman, 3 others shot, killed; girl hurt
- New Mexico spaceport sets sights on new customers
- Ferguson grand jury unusual in many ways
- Most of Thruway open after massive NY snowfall
- Hitler watercolor sold for $162,000 at auction
- Kerry says gaps remain in talks about Iran's nukes
- Fog forces 5 US choppers to land in Polish field
- More than 20 hurt as earthquake shakes central Japan
- Source: NKorean escapes kidnap attempt in Paris
- Albania opens secret bunker built by communists
- Geneva hospital: Cuban doctor with Ebola stable
- Biden announces new aid for Syrian refugees
- Pope meets with autistic children
- New Ebola case confirmed, 2 more suspected
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!