Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the mid 80s. Light North wind.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the lower 60s and winds near calm.
Quiet weather pattern for most of the week with clear skies through Thursday ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Grady Health System gets $30 million grant
- School considers options for Bible verse monument
- Atlanta Symphony president and CEO steps down
- Ga. lawmakers to discuss medical education
- Ga. college smoking ban goes into effect Wednesday
- 2 sentenced in Atlanta teen sex trafficking case
- Saint Augustine's football player dies in GA crash
- Wal-Mart: Morgan, others weren't wearing seatbelts
- Hotel linen management company opening Ga. plant
- Serial armed robber sentenced to 32 years
- Falcon has cataract surgery, gets new lenses
- Charges dropped for man who sold rhino head
- Police: Body of Arkansas real estate agent found
- SC cop indicted in shooting shrouded in mystery
- Virginia police: Forensic evidence links 2 cases
- Bill allows families to seek gun restraining order
- Obama, Modi to put upbeat face on US-India ties
- Secret Service head faces questions on WH breach
- Quotations in the News
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Survivors of Lampedusa shipwreck to meet pope
- Officials: Wave of attacks kills 19 across Iraq
- South Sudan factions agree on federal government
- Germany vows better checks on refugee guards
- Putin visits Kazakhstan after remarks cause alarm
- Myanmar and Sri Lankan hard-liners ink agreement
- UK government plans curbs on nonviolent extremism
- 25th anniversary of East German exodus to the West
- Islamist-allied militias in Libya reject UN talks
- Car crash damages Poland's famous Solidarity wall
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!