Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible, especially over the southern & eastern part of the viewing area. An overnight low in the upper 40s. A northeast wind at 10mph.
Saturday: Cloudy and breezy at times. Still some light rain possible south ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 convicted in child's death at Georgia daycare
- Atlanta student arrested in grandmother's death
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- Savannah woman sentenced in death of newborn
- Georgia daycare ordered closed after child in van
- Man wanted in Georgia killing arrested in Alabama
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in Iowa man's death
- Girl critically injured after being struck by car
- Man sentenced after threat to eat judge's kids
- Pedestrian struck, killed by minivan in east Ga.
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Flyaway owl found, hungry but safe
- Fire destroys 3 homes at Jersey shore community
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Senate to debate rideshare regulations
- Bryant U. cracks down on selfies at graduation
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- Autopsy: Border Patrol agent shot man twice
- Obama signs bill aimed at blocking Iran's UN envoy
MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Roman Catholics throughout Latin America and the Caribbean are paying tribute to Jesus Christ in Holy Week traditions that go back centuries and range from religious processions to self-flagellation.
- Blast in busy Cairo square kills 1 police officer
- Blast in busy Cairo square kills 1 officer
- Officials: 24 more abducted Nigerian students free
- Pope leads torch-lit Good Friday procession
- N. Korea criticizes 'human rights racket' of US
- Belfast IRA figure killed in splinter-group feud
- 57-nation OSCE plays key Ukraine monitoring role
- UN says 58 killed in attack on UN base in SSudan
- Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!