Tonight: Cloudy. A chance for rain possible late. A better chance in southern and eastern parts of the viewing area. Snow showers mixing in at the higher peaks of the Smokies & Blue Ridge Mtns. An overnight low in the mid/upper 30s.
Wednesday: ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision
- Clemency hearing set for Georgia death row inmate
- Dawson County man shot to death during fight
- Protesters plan Atlanta protest of Ferguson ruling
- Police identify woman fatally shot at bus stop
- UGA breaking ground on new annex
- New director named for UGA Extension
- Ga. fire chief in trouble over homosexuality book
- Former jail clerk charged with theft from inmates
- Body found on shore of Lake Lanier
- Lawmakers near deal to extend popular tax breaks
- Nobel Prize for DNA discovery going to auction
- Ohio attorney suspended over hypnosis allegations
- Ebola isolation at US base 'pretty much vacation'
- Tsarnaev lawyers lose bid for info in '11 slayings
- Brown family blasts prosecutor's handling of case
- Conservationists sue over federal coal program
- La. teacher pleads not guilty in group sex case
- AP El Paso correspondent Llorca dies at 40
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- UN: 12.2 million Syrians need humanitarian help
- 24 died in Burkina Faso unrest that ousted leader
- 8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen in Poland
- Top US Jesuit defends Vatican sex prosecutor
- Pope confirms calling Spanish sex abuse victim
- Iran leader approves further nuclear negotiations
- Ethiopia hopes to set world record for HIV tests
- Hundreds of migrants on crippled ship off Crete
- Report: Spies lacked info to stop soldier's murder
- Hungary police warn women of dangers of flirting
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!