Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Pilot killed in Pickens County plane crash
- Autopsy: Football player's death due to heart disease
- Man charged with raping fiancTe's 12-year-old daughter
- Judge says Georgia's gay marriage ban can't be enforced
- Savannah school deemed safe after Freon scare
- Deputies find body inside apartment after report of gunfire
- Scholars edit, compile works of poet T.S. Eliot
- Richmond County deputy resigns after family violence arrest
- Presidential 'peanut poll' opens at Georgia National Fair
- Gwinnett County instructor accused of sexual assault
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- ZomBee Watch helps scientists track honeybee killer
- Obama touts immigration reform in speech to Hispanic leaders
- A look at recent payouts in police custody deaths nationwide
- Satellite images show scale of NKorea's anniversary parade
- California to phase out microbeads used in soaps, toothpaste
- With drones in tow, Anderson debuts 'Junun' documentary
- The Latest: Video shows knife fight that injured US airman
- Man who says he killed wife to stop suffering given 15 years
- The Latest: Education firms charged in kickback scheme
- The Latest: Israel sets age limit on Jerusalem holy site
- Hindu hardliners block Pakistani singer's concert in Mumbai
- The Latest: 542 people rescued in 24 hours off Greece
- Australia in talks to send refugees to Philippines
- Mexican army head is unhappy with law enforcement role
- Monarch butterflies begin entering Mexico on migration
- The Latest: UN: 'Christian refugees only' policy dangerous
- Associated Press count shows over 1,360 pilgrims killed in Saudi hajj crush, stampede in Mina
- Qatar royal sentenced by Prague court
- The Latest: Slovakia to help police Hungary's borders
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!