Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fort Carson female soldier advances to Ranger training
- Ala. authorities say Ga. man dies beneath overturned trailer
- Tybee Island council, mayor may get 1st pay raise in years
- Court hearing set in crash that killed Savannah jazz bassist
- Electrical short in van blamed for fire at Albany body shop
- Man dead, woman critically injured in shootings near Atlanta
- Georgia to execute only woman on state's death row
- Residents of senior center displaced after water main break
- Peach State gears up for a rare big week for men's hoops
- Man struck and killed by vehicle in suburban Atlanta
- Republicans say they will not delay right to work if passed
- 4th person dies as result of shootings in North Carolina
- 2 men arrested after separate incidents outside White House
- New Mexico students walk out over new tests contested in US
- Trial of ex-NFLer Aaron Hernandez resumes after snow delay
- New Mexico students planning walkouts over new tests
- Lawmaker billed taxpayers for private plane to football game
- 4 missionaries detained in Venezuela expected home Tuesday
- Wisconsin assembly committee to take up right-to-work bill
- Jury selection resuming in Alabama girl's running death
- Pakistan police arrest parents refusing kids' polio vaccine
- British police charge 10 people in child sex exploitation
- 'Jihadi John' born into 'stateless' family in Kuwait
- US ambassador's Cyprus-Russia tweet upsets Cypriot president
- Libyan parliament names Hifter top army commander
- South Africa: Wildfire destroys 5 homes in Cape Town
- Kerry warns against revealing details of Iran nuke talks
- China lists 14 generals snared in anti-corruption campaign
- Israel says it foiled Gaza smuggling ring helping Hamas
- Ukraine's leader urges peacekeeping mission for the east
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!