Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 bodies found in vacant home destroyed in fire
- Missing southwest Florida dog turns up in Atlanta
- Ex-Clayton County officer indicted on battery charge
- Disguised metro Atlanta police crackdown on texting drivers
- New director named for Atlanta's High Museum of Art
- The Latest: Coast Guard: Search for missing boaters ongoing
- Police: Murder-suicide led to deaths of 2 people in Norcross
- Atlanta police chief to head state police chiefs association
- Coast Guard continues search for missing Florida boys
- Man, 71, shot to death outside Family Dollar store
- Senate poised to approve 3-month extension to highway bill
- AM Prep-Cooler Copy
- AM Prep-Cyber Corner
- Hikers drawn to geological gem along Arizona-Utah border
- Colorado theater shooter went from happy boy to mass killer
- Free checkups helping Special Olympics athletes stay healthy
- Top officials critical of Ohio cop indicted on murder charge
- Fast-spreading fire explodes to more than 4 square miles
- Plane debris in Indian Ocean same type as MH370
- The Latest: Attorney says officer didn't intend to kill man
- Kurdish rebels attack tea house in Turkey, killing 2 people
- Former President Kalam buried in southern India
- Israel passes law sanctioning force-feeding prisoners
- Sanofi reports higher profit in 2nd quarter
- Pakistan buries Islamic militant leader killed in attack
- Taliban say they are 'not aware' of new round of peace talks
- Myanmar pardons almost 7,000 prisoners
- Truck hits religious procession in Mexico, 16 dead, 30 hurt
- Searcher says wing find won't change MH370 seabed search
- Mexico declares 1st 'alert' over violence against women
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!