Friday: Very hot and humid with an afternoon high in the mid to upper 90s. A Heat Index above 100. Only a slight chance for an ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. woman shoots suspected burglar through door
- Police search for man in officer-involved shooting
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Senate forum
- 2 Georgia men sentenced in robbery, assault
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Ga. Sen forum
- Alabama judge could avoid prosecution in Atlanta
- SEC: Colorado woman defrauded investors of $800k
- Husband: Ebola virus patient resting at undisclosed location
- Warrant ordered for Ga. woman in explosives case
- Metro Atlanta's jobless rate rises to 8 percent
- Woman pays fine for climbing into giraffe pen
- California to appeal ruling tossing death penalty
- No bail for woman in Amish girls' kidnapping in NY
- Family of NY man killed by chokehold talks to feds
- Nixon orders withdrawal of Guard from Ferguson
- ESPN's Linda Cohn sues NY rink over off-ice injury
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Pope calls family of slain American journalist
- 1 officer in Ohio Wal-Mart shooting still on leave
- Ex-judge must say she's sorry, just not in cuffs
- Malaysia prepares to receive bodies from M17 crash
- Mexico nabs suspects with 10,000 sea turtle eggs
- Charges dropped against Venezuelan protesters
- Police tear gas, water cannons at Chilean protest
- Liberia distributes food in slum sealed to stop Ebola
- Reports: Syria troops kill scores of jihadis
- Romania: Ex-PM imprisoned for corruption released
- Puerto Rico priest pleads guilty in abuse case
- Hamas leader says group kidnapped Israeli teens in West Bank in June
- Fighting in Ukraine as aid convoy reaches customs
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!