Today: Partly cloudy and warm. Highs in the low to middle 80s. North wind 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the lower 60s.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. Rain chances increase ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New editor chosen to lead Valdosta Daily Times
- GA woman dies after car sinks in retention pond
- Emory-Adventist Hospital to close in October
- Bibb Co. deputy facing child molestation charges
- NTSB releases report in fatal east Ga. plane crash
- Braves announce mixed-used site development team
- Jurors told salmonella trial may exceed 2 months
- Woman found badly beaten on Silver Comet Trail
- Minnesota robbery suspect arrested in Georgia
- Car plunges into pond; divers search for person
- Man on FBI's Most Wanted list in custody
- Appeal planned in dismissal of school plot charges
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Long Island skydive accident
- Journal Communications, Scripps Co. announce deal
- State Dept. spokeswoman uses word 'crap' during briefing
- Texas search group resumes drone use
- Skydiver killed in San Diego County jump
- War College to make final decision on Sen. Walsh
- Boston man charged with rape at Urban concert
- Hearing set for Hollywood sex abuse lawyer change
- Asian markets drift after US Fed stays course
- Eds: Links new photo. With AP Photos
- Eds: With AP Photos
- Australians leaders differ on Russian role in war
- 32 nations back Judaism's Yom Kippur as UN holiday
- Bolivia to require visas for Israeli travelers
- Tunisia army chief resigns after soldier deaths
- Liberia's president closes schools amid Ebola
- UN chief condemns attack on UN school in Gaza
- Turkish women protest deputy PMs no laughter quip
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!