Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta train stations reopened after smoke prompts closures
PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) -- An eastern Alabama city has reached a settlement with a woman who said her eye socket was fractured when a police officer punched her in May 2014.
- Rapper Rick Ross released from jail in metro Atlanta
- Man, teen arrested in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Atlanta train stations evacuated due to smoky conditions
- Regulators order end to Kemper rate increase, plan refunds
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- New lights cast a bright glow at Statue of Liberty
- Police: Missing 7-month old boy's body found in river
- Land Management official sentenced in workplace fraud case
- Search for California baby suspended; no signs of abduction
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- 2 more bodies found in river 3 days after boat capsized
- Flooding in Missouri and Indiana
- Judge awards nearly $230,000 to woman who got 153 robocalls
- Judge rejects plea deal for woman charged in starvation case
- Congress backs bill expanding access for VA-issued ID cards
- Greek expected to produce detailed plan to seek new bailout
- The Latest: Pope visits Jesuit church, then calls it a day
- Mexican rights agency asks army to avoid ambiguous orders
- The Latest: Crowd cheers pope at meeting with civic groups
- The Latest: Pope urges Latin American youth to save planet
- The Latest: Crowds cheer pope on his way to education speech
- The Latest: Pope gives bear hugs to children in Ecuador
- Doctors declare former Guatemalan dictator unfit for trial
- Spain: Alhambra palace director resigns amid investigation
- The Latest: Head of Ecuador's bishops praises pope's visit
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!