Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
Local high school seniors Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers of Cleveland High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America. Dr. Erika Burk—director of human resources for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at the school’s awards night. To date the company has awarded $4000 in scholarship funds to Bradley County graduating seniors.
"You all have accomplished so much that you should be proud of, and I want to you know that we are all very proud of you," said Dr. Burk to students at the ceremony. "It is an honor to recognize Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers for their outstanding achievements; we at WACKER POLYSILICON North America recognize their hard work and commitment to furthering their education."
WACKER POLYSILICON selected Couture and Summers based on their 4.0 GPA and high ACT composite scores. Couture will attend Skidmore College, and Summers will attend Lee University. Last week the company awarded scholarships to students Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School.Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Clinton racks up elected Dems in Georgia
- Burke County football player dies 2 weeks after collapsing
- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges
- Second teenager in 2 days shot to death in Union City
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Ex-Macon officer sentenced for sex with shoplifting suspect
- The Latest: Governor says they're keeping close eye on dams
- Fire strikes 92-year-old church on Chicago's South Side
- Government tests technology to find illegal drone operators
- Eastern Kentucky University cancels classes, cites threat
- The Latest: Official says worst has been averted at dam site
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- The Latest on rainstorm: Crews still working on canal breach
- The Latest: Residents near compromised dam told to evacuate
- South Florida high-rise cited after explosion injures 6
- McCarthy's pledge to conservatives: 'I'm not John Boehner'
- Former Anglican bishop sentenced for sex assaults on teens
- EU to agree crack down on people refused asylum or residency
- Holocaust-era archive places thousands of documents online
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles as Assad launches ground offensive in central Syria
- The Latest: EU to crack down on people refused asylum
- Israeli team advances in contest to send spacecraft to moon
- UK's Cameron: I'll get tough in EU negotiations
- Romania: lawyer to dictator's son and a killer dog dies, 83
- Fighting erupts in central Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- Palestinian shot after stabbing Israeli in Jerusalem
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!