Sunday: Cloudy with rain becoming likely and even the chance for some thunderstorms. An afternoon high in the upper 50s (Some 60s possible in spots)
Rain should taper ... More...
Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
Local high school seniors Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers of Cleveland High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America. Dr. Erika Burk—director of human resources for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at the school’s awards night. To date the company has awarded $4000 in scholarship funds to Bradley County graduating seniors.
"You all have accomplished so much that you should be proud of, and I want to you know that we are all very proud of you," said Dr. Burk to students at the ceremony. "It is an honor to recognize Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers for their outstanding achievements; we at WACKER POLYSILICON North America recognize their hard work and commitment to furthering their education."
WACKER POLYSILICON selected Couture and Summers based on their 4.0 GPA and high ACT composite scores. Couture will attend Skidmore College, and Summers will attend Lee University. Last week the company awarded scholarships to students Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School.Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Accounting oversight triggers Ga. hospital layoffs
- Georgia State to create media production center
- Interim presidents named at 2 GA universities
- UGA looks to boost research funds
- Bus hits plane at Atlanta airport; no one hurt
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Officer shoots boy holding fake gun at rec center
- Bighorn sheep dies after escaping from LA Zoo
- Utah midwife ordered to face trial in baby's death
- UMaine fans fail to set world record for flannel
- Cops: Dad errantly shoots, kills son while hunting
- City's 'ugly' Christmas tree prompts public outcry
- Cops: Naked suspect assaults man, 84, at airport
- Bighorn sheep escapes from LA Zoo, struck by car
- Civic group: No Ferguson grand jury decision yet
- Hawaii airline tells pilots to return $4,000 bonus
- 'Blind Massage' big Golden Horse winner in Taiwan
- Somalia's al-Shabab kills 28 non-Muslims in Kenya
- Poland's ruling party wins local elections
- Morocco to celebrate birth of its royal twins
- Russian tourist arrested for vandalizing Colosseum
- Hitler watercolor sold for $162,000 at auction
- Kerry says gaps remain in talks about Iran's nukes
- Fog forces 5 US choppers to land in Polish field
- More than 20 hurt as earthquake shakes central Japan
- Source: NKorean escapes kidnap attempt in Paris
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!