Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
Local high school seniors Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers of Cleveland High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America. Dr. Erika Burk—director of human resources for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at the school’s awards night. To date the company has awarded $4000 in scholarship funds to Bradley County graduating seniors.
"You all have accomplished so much that you should be proud of, and I want to you know that we are all very proud of you," said Dr. Burk to students at the ceremony. "It is an honor to recognize Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers for their outstanding achievements; we at WACKER POLYSILICON North America recognize their hard work and commitment to furthering their education."
WACKER POLYSILICON selected Couture and Summers based on their 4.0 GPA and high ACT composite scores. Couture will attend Skidmore College, and Summers will attend Lee University. Last week the company awarded scholarships to students Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School.Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Soldier charged in the death of fellow soldier in home
- Police's mobile app hopes to assist during holiday weekend
- New president chosen for Southeastern Technical College
- Georgia releases first results of new standardized test
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- Authorities say man's body found after fire at Canton home
- Ludacris kicks off 10th annual LudaDay with celebrities
- Atlanta Ballet's artistic director ending tenure at company
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- 3 shot, 1 killed, gunman sought on Sacramento college campus
- Police: 11-year-old fatally shoots intruder, 16, in Missouri
- Man faces charges after tweeting 'kill all the white people'
- Pentagon says 6 peacekeepers injured in Sinai explosions
- Metrolink evaluating train car safety in wake of accident
- Missing tarantula not dangerous, prof says, but it can bite
- Judge: Suspect's confession OK in California pier shooting
- Here's the oath taken by clerk jailed over gay marriage
- 2 soldiers still hospitalized after Black Hawk accident
- Forest Service spends a record $243M last week on wildfires
- The Latest: Guatemala ex-leader escorted to jail
- Pope pops out of Vatican, stop to get new glasses
- American students attacked with firebomb in West Bank
- Nigerian army reinstates more than 3,000 soldiers fired
- Official: 9,500 Nigerian refugees return from Cameroon
- UN to vote on lifting some secrecy around choosing top job
- Lebanon activists stage hunger strike, want minister to quit
- Uganda: 12 soldiers killed in Somalia attack
- Egypt sentences 2 women to 6 months for racy music videos
- Boat overturns on Mali lake, killing at least 18 people
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!