Saturday Night: Cloudy with an overnight low in the low 40s.
Sunday: Cloudy with rain ... More...
Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Interim presidents named at 2 GA universities
- UGA looks to boost research funds
- Georgia State to create media production center
- Bus hits plane at Atlanta airport; no one hurt
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Gang members get prison time for violent crimes
- Ex-Ga. letter carrier gets prison in robbery plot
- 2 charged in infant starvation on suicide watch
- NY state OK's $3.6 million after conviction tossed
- Family of NYC man killed by police seeks answers
- Ferguson experiences 3rd straight night of unrest
- Family of NYC man killed by police seek answers
- City: Quarter-toting 'Robin Hooders' must back off
- 3 years later: No charges in missing toddler case
- Dogfighting thrives in years since Vick case
- Gambling nuke commander linked to fake poker chips
- US releases Saudi prisoner from Guantanamo Bay
- Flooding becomes new threat in snowy Buffalo
- Pope meets with autistic children
- New Ebola case confirmed, 2 more suspected
- Family pays tribute to slain hostage Alan Henning
- Scientists seek more tombs at ancient Greek site
- Thousands take part in Spanish anti-abortion rally
- Kerry says gaps remain in talks about Iran's nukes
- Egypt to host major economic conference in March
- UK firms Aviva, Friends Life in $8.8B merger talks
- N. Korean student escaped kidnap attempt in Paris
- Nagorno-Karabkah says it killed 2 Azeri soldiers
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!