Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- Public input sought on plan for Fort Yargo State Park
- Atlanta streetcar to continue offering free rides
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list
- Ga. officials beginning water safety campaign
- Fireworks bill resurrected, passes Georgia Senate
- Some key facts about Georgia lawmakers' budget plan
- Former FBI agent pleads guilty in drug tampering case
- Police: Fight over $500 lottery win led to murder-suicide
- 2 NYC Jewish cultural institutions to form partnership
- Obama congratulates President-elect Buhari of Nigeria
- Man killed by NSA police had lengthy record
- Drought-stricken California set to measure snowpack
- Silicon Valley trial over cause of teen's suicide to start
- Gary Dahl, creator of the Pet Rock, dies at 78
- In Etan Patz case, defense focuses on the other suspect
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Morocco: Militant cell recruiting IS fighters is dismantled
- Nigerian civic groups suggest rigging in election
- Francis recalls John Paul II's suffering decade after death
- Ukraine refuses to extradite Georgia's ex-president
- African envoy expresses concern over EU migrant center plans
- Super typhoon expected to weaken before reaching Philippines
- Nepal doctors stay away from work to support colleague
- German policeman guilty of murder in cannibalism killing
- Egypt president welcomes return of US military aid
- Israeli leader says world needs "better deal" with Iran
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!