Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Rebuilding to start soon on burned Ga. courthouse from 1883
- Augusta expressway expansion near completion after delays
- Woman, 2 children killed in crash on Georgia highway
- Pill ring federal trial in Mississippi set for January
- Funeral held for toddler who died from cancer on Christmas
- GBI: Middle Georgia man arrested in Christmas Day slaying
- Police investigating fatal shooting of Augusta area teenager
- Charged Ga. mom speaks after house fire kills her 3 children
- 4 Fantasy 5 players each take $56,025.99 jackpot
- Fishermen get 15 extra days to catch shrimp off Ga. coast
- Amid tension, more than 20,000 attend NYPD funeral
- President Obama's Hawaii vacation: Day 8
- Sam: Coming out was right thing to do
- Arizona police officer, suspect killed in shootout
- March ends at St. Louis Arch, closes monument
- California man suspected of vandalizing Islamic center
- Governors veto bill to reform Port Authority
- Lava creeps 15 yards closer to Hawaii marketplace
- 2 small planes collide in Maryland; no injuries
- Spokesman: George H.W. Bush remains in hospital
- Libya FM calls oil region clashes serious escalation
- Pakistan: Gunmen kill man from targeted minority sect
- Greece: Ferry ordered evacuated after fire
- US, NATO to mark end of mission to Afghanistan
- Report: Pilot errors led to presidential plane crash in '04
- 2 people arrested in Ottawa mall shooting released
- Former soccer star George Weah wins Liberian Senate race
- South Africa: Man drowns as large wave hits Durban beach
- Agca leaves flowers on John Paul's tomb in Vatican
- Egypt reduces sentences in same-sex wedding case
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!