Tonight: Becoming cloudy Showers possible late. An overnight low near 60. A south wind at 10mph.
Friday: Showers likely ... More...
Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate drops to 6.8 percent
- Ga. transit police plan Detroit recruitment event
- Georgia Tech to host health care partnership forum
- Woman charged in NC kidnap to have bond hearing
ATLANTA (AP) -- A collaborative of Georgia journalism schools and news organizations will use a $35,000 grant to train investigative reporters.
- Ga. journalism collaborative awarded $35 million
- Ga. Republican's ad blames 'immoral' debt on Obama
- Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old girl
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him
- Deal signs bill expanding gun rights in Georgia
- Miami Beach theater evacuated after popcorn fire
- Taliban ready to deal on captive US soldier?
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Big riders mean big horses on Western trails
- Technology group to decide Cover Oregon's future
- Cleared of murder, man starts fresh 24 years later
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes
- Camilla's brother dies in NY of head injury
- Biologists watching fish runs after deadly slide
- Judge releases tape of would-be assassin's exam
- South Sudan president fires longtime army leader
- Obama rejects notion that trade deal is in danger
- Indonesian school: We'll cooperate in abuse probe
- France warns against war in Ukraine
- N fund pays $990 million in Kuwait compensation
- Militant group in Egypt says it killed officer
- UK police seek to halt Brits joining Syria rebels
- 3 people missing after freighter sinks off Greece
- Obama to Russia: More sanctions are 'teed up'
- Last appeal bid rejected in HK 'Milkshake Murder'
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!