Tonight: Scattered evening t-showers, then a better chance of showers and storms late tonight. Lows near 70.
Thursday: ... More...
Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Sandy Springs police find car taken in carjacking
- Body found in 18-wheeler on I-20 in Warren County
- Atlanta Cyclorama painting to move across town
- Head of troubled CDC anthrax lab has resigned
- Tropical depression weakens to tropical wave
- Fund set up for injured firefighters
- Crews clearing out Savannah homeless camps
- Daycare won't appeal revocation of license
- Tropical depression approaching Lesser Antilles
- DeKalb District Attorney to receive national honor
- Senators push to end Hamas threat in cease-fire
- US pushes for truce as Gaza battle rages
- Seattle police: Homeless arrested most for pot
- FDA warns of compounded drug recall by Texas firm
- Officials release sketch in peacock shooting death
- Ohio veteran cited for ducks hopes for law change
- Sarah Palin cited for speeding in Alaska hometown
- Boehner asks Obama to declare stance on border
- Filmmaker Michael Moore's divorce is finalized
- Fire season in West expected to get more intense
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader goes on trial
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza border
- Central African Republic's rebels sign cease-fire
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Thousands attend tense pro-Gaza march in Paris
- Police officer sentenced to death for killing AP photographer
- 2 bombs kill at least 25 in Kaduna, north Nigeria
- Dutch say black box damaged but voice data ok
- Envoy urges UN to demand halt to Iraq extremists
- Gaza battle rages as US pushes for truce
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!