Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA wildlife refuge managers move nuisance gators
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- SC mom's arrest sparks child care debate
- UGA Pharmacy students plan tobacco cessation class
- Ports Authority reaches 3 million container mark
- Atlanta federal building reopens
- Man drowns at Lake Allatoona northwest of Atlanta
- Small plane crash on Fla. beach; 2 on ground hit
- 3 wounded by gunfire in Savannah shooting
- Pilot killed in NE Georgia plane crash identified
- Suspect dead, marshals and cop wounded in NYC
- NY mayor: Brooklyn Bridge security breach a worry
- Friend: McBride slurring during phone call
- Boehner urges US solidarity with Israel
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- Jury selected in Wisconsin kidnapping case
- Fire chief: 1 dead, 3 hurt in fish plant explosion
- Beijing, Chicago architects to design Lucas Museum
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Sea star disease strikes Washington marine centers
- Bolivian president seeks votes in the bedroom
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Syrian army casualties surge, raising death toll
- UN rights chief: Flight 17 possible war crime
- Poland, Britain call for more sanctions on Russia
- Observers, investigators kept away by fighting
- Papal first: Francis visits Pentecostal church
- Rebels: C. African Republic ceasefire 'broken'
- New Spain king moves to clean up palace's image
- UN Security Council calls for Gaza cease-fire
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!